Author Topic: 03.22-Timbaland-Presents_Shock_Value-2007- [Retail][2007][GroupRip]  (Read 1693 times)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Re: 03.22-Timbaland-Presents_Shock_Value-2007- [Retail][2007][GroupRip]
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2007, 01:24:10 PM »
I'm almost reluctant to check this out because there are so many Timbo dick riders out there since he dropped "SexyBack." I know so many people fawning over his work that could probably only name ten tracks tops in his catalogue: "My Love," "Promiscuous," "Give It To Me," etc. It's getting a little ridiculous. I've never claimed to be the biggest fan of dude, but I do respect his work. Still, where were all these bandwagon hoppers when he was dropping equal heat for the likes of Missy years ago? Man, "Work It" was as tight a production as anything he's done lately. As I recall he was about to leave the music industry at one point, because he felt under-appreciated.

The bottom line is that Timbo is a dope producer. Nobody's denying that. Producers go through 'hot' phases however. Kanye, The Neptunes, Scott Storch, and Dre have all been the radio's 'flavour of the month' in the past. Once people tire of the urban electronica sound people will move on. Same way they did when they got tired of The Neptunes synths and Kanye's samples. In the meantime, I wish some of my mates would cool it with the hyperbole.

Nonetheless, I'm sure it's a cool album!  :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 01:30:49 PM by DPG2K7 »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007, 02:25:26 PM »
cd is bangin 8) 8)

rik

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2007, 02:29:21 PM »
I retract my previous statement that it didn't impress me. It pretty much sucked. A couple of the beats sound the same, the guest appearances suck. Too much hype. Very overrated. I deleted this cd from my computer already, and have no desire to listen to it again.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2007, 02:47:14 PM »
I'm almost reluctant to check this out because there are so many Timbo dick riders out there since he dropped "SexyBack." I know so many people fawning over his work that could probably only name ten tracks tops in his catalogue: "My Love," "Promiscuous," "Give It To Me," etc. It's getting a little ridiculous. I've never claimed to be the biggest fan of dude, but I do respect his work. Still, where were all these bandwagon hoppers when he was dropping equal heat for the likes of Missy years ago? Man, "Work It" was as tight a production as anything he's done lately. As I recall he was about to leave the music industry at one point, because he felt under-appreciated.

The bottom line is that Timbo is a dope producer. Nobody's denying that. Producers go through 'hot' phases however. Kanye, The Neptunes, Scott Storch, and Dre have all been the radio's 'flavour of the month' in the past. Once people tire of the urban electronica sound people will move on. Same way they did when they got tired of The Neptunes synths and Kanye's samples. In the meantime, I wish some of my mates would cool it with the hyperbole.

I think Timbaland was always recognized. He was always 2nd to Dre, at least imo. His work with Missy, Magoo, Ginuwine, Alliyah, Bubba was always known.

People just realized that he really stepped his game up and took things to another level.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 02:52:07 PM by Timbo the king »

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2007, 03:04:08 PM »

I think Timbaland was always recognized. He was always 2nd to Dre, at least imo. His work with Missy, Magoo, Ginuwine, Alliyah, Bubba was always known.

People just realized that he really stepped his game up and took things to another level.

Yeah man, to some extent I agree. I just find it funny when people who probably couldn't name a Timbo-produced track before (and I know a few such cases personally) are suddenly like, "oh, I LOVE Timbaland's music!"  :D He's definitely trying new things, though, and I respect him for that. I feel Dre maybe saving his latest creative direction for "Detox." As for Timbo, his current style is hot, but I hope he doesn't get relaxed and start churning out several pale "SexyBack" imitations. Can't see it happening though.

On a side note, it's funny how The Neptunes production gets nowhere near the same level of attention these days. Personally, I feel that the minimalist style they embraced on the Clipse's latest album was a step in the right direction for them. Too bad that CD was so overlooked, and as a result they're unlikely to be so creative with their beats in the future.  :-\
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2007, 03:08:50 PM »
I hope so to, Timbo is on a roll right now and his sound should be fresh for at least another year or so.

About Neptunes, the main problem with them is that they've started copying a certain beat very fast. People just got tired of it. But yeah, the Clipse album is the shit, they did a great job on the production part, still imo, not even close to what Timbo is doing these days.

$Eg2$

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2007, 03:54:00 PM »

i agree
I also agree wit RIK

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2007, 03:54:31 PM »
Man I was gonna wait this one out til the 3rd of April, but from what everyone's saying, now I can't wait hahaa...

Anyone with a hook-up?

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2007, 04:26:04 PM »
downloaded it but after seeing tracklisting on my itunes i was too ashamed to have it gayin up my library. i kept the track with curtis and mayo and thats it no homo

rik

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2007, 04:27:53 PM »
downloaded it but after seeing tracklisting on my itunes i was too ashamed to have it gayin up my library. i kept the track with curtis and mayo and thats it no homo

Yayo actually had a decent verse on that song.

ThisJustin

• Lil Geezy
  • 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2007, 05:10:06 PM »
so can someone hook this shit up or what???? again?

Lanka

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Da Gee In Dee
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2007, 05:11:21 PM »
Can somebody pm me a link please?

Pizzle

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2007, 05:21:11 PM »
#6 is the best song on the album IMO

rik

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2007, 05:32:04 PM »
^ I don't even have to look at the track list and I know what song you're referring to.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2007, 05:40:36 PM »
Who gives the first verse on "Come and get Me". Its the best verse on the song,.