Author Topic: grodt  (Read 580 times)

edimean22

• 'G'
grodt
« on: March 23, 2007, 08:55:06 PM »
i remember when this shit came out in 03 the streets were talking, i remember all my niggaz talking bout this nigga 50 is hard as shit, and i know alot of us niggaz at that time didnt know who 50 was from his past exp just that he got shot 9 times thats was his big buz yall no what i mean. they aint no he was snitchen and shit like that, aint nobody at that time, cus he came wit that raw, prolly only like 15% really knew bout him and his past records and all that, but i know allthem street niggaz was talkin like 50 the next hard ass to come out, even street niggaz was buzzin about him., but now that we look at that album it is kinda hard he dont sound nothing like that fag snitch he is now, and i know all yall agree wit that. that album was hard, but prolly 90 percnt he raped bout was fake

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: grodt
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 09:09:07 PM »
didnt think album was that hard.. i was feelin power of the dollar bootleg more than GRODT

edimean22

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 09:26:19 PM »
remember people this is the in 03 and half of yall niggaz was still in high school.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 09:44:37 PM »
but prolly 90 percnt he raped bout was fake

Welcome to the world of rap music. Dre, Game, 50, Nas, Redman, DPG, Snoop, Jim Jones.... 99% of rappers rap about things that are fake. People act like 50 is the only fake gangsta. EVERY SINGLE main stream gangsta rapper is FAKE.

Elevz

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 04:01:17 AM »

Welcome to the world of rap music. Dre, Game, 50, Nas, Redman, DPG, Snoop, Jim Jones.... 99% of rappers rap about things that are fake. People act like 50 is the only fake gangsta. EVERY SINGLE main stream gangsta rapper is FAKE.

Nas and Redman are gangsta rappers now?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 04:21:06 AM »

dunno about red, but nas has pigeonholed himself to keep up with the times. I love Nas but he does claim 'thug' in many songs. although he uses it as more of an adjective/idea as opposed to a claim/identity like most rappers do.

and for the record, DPGC were all crips at some point. at the very least they all sold some drugs on behalf of the crips at some point.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Okka

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 04:46:58 AM »
EVERY SINGLE main stream gangsta rapper is FAKE.

Not everybody, there's some real street g'z like Tray Deee, C-Bo etc...

Elevz

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 05:07:23 AM »
EVERY SINGLE main stream gangsta rapper is FAKE.

Not everybody, there's some real street g'z like Tray Deee, C-Bo etc...

...lol. Yeah, I remember when I first heard Tray Deee's chart topping albums, that was some real ish!

..and remember, real bad boys move in silence.

dunno about red, but nas has pigeonholed himself to keep up with the times. I love Nas but he does claim 'thug' in many songs. although he uses it as more of an adjective/idea as opposed to a claim/identity like most rappers do.

Well, yeah, that's what I'm saying. The context is really different; they don't say "look, I'm gangsta, I'm rich from selling kilo's. Don't mess with me because I'm dangerous and I'll kill you for whatever." To them it's a metaphor, more than an actual claim. In fact, that whole Escobar stuff was a surreal character more than a realistically projected image, and it was never meant to be otherwise.

XaNdEr

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 08:07:38 AM »

im starting to dislike these dickriders more and more everytime i see an ignorant ass topic being made like a nerd like edimean 22.

"half yall was still in high school"

lol

what does that make you? a granddad who got 2 more years to live? dont try to act like your a vet or anything like that, if youre so cool with your niggas why dont you leave this forum and kill someone in the streets.

and to The King, i feel you (no homo) everyone just portrays stuff in their music that mostly is fake anyways. but people seem to hate 50 cent the most, dunno why, maybe cuz he got the most succes. stop dickriding the dipset bandwagon yall, that hate must be stopped.

Narrator

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 12:26:41 PM »
I agree...it's funny how so many people hate 50 now, when the reality is that 4 years ago, they were all probably bumping "GRODT" and thinking of 50 as the shit cause he was going against Ja Rule.  Despite what all these street cred-obsessed crackers want to believe, it wasn't just the bitches that made 50 popular, it was other crackers like them.  And someday, when Cam pisses off everybody in hip-hop and Dipset starts losing their street cred (as well as sales), the next generation of crackers will pretend like Cam wasn't considered street credible and that it was just the bitches that liked him.  That's how shit works in hip-hop; I've seen it time and time again.

and for the record, DPGC were all crips at some point. at the very least they all sold some drugs on behalf of the crips at some point.

Not really.  Kurupt isn't even from L.A. originally (though I hear rumors all the time about how the Nhoods are cool with him), Daz can't seem to make up his mind what hood he's from, and Snoop's ties to 20 Crip are often disputed.  Some of the extended family (especially Tray Deee and Goldie Loc) are known bangers, however.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 12:50:18 PM by Guerilla_From_Tha_Mist »

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 01:59:03 PM »
I loved GRODT when it came out, but I became smarter :)

edimean22

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 05:40:14 PM »
yo Je Weet Zelf, i dont know who u tryna be a netbanger or whatever nigga i used to come on thiswebsite back in 03 just never post, im 23 and from baltimore city of murder and heroine u got a problem wit me come find me hilltop street hardest block in soutwest. u some punk white boy from the suburbs yo im done talkin i just post shit that me and my niggaz talk about when we smoke and see what people talk bout this is what this forum is about anyways

Elevz

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 06:08:51 PM »
Let me summarize that.

yo Je Weet Zelf, i dont know who u tryna be a netbanger or whatever nigga
im from baltimore city of murder and heroine u got a problem wit me come find me hilltop street hardest block in soutwest.
u some punk white boy from the suburbs
we smoke and see what people talk bout

I wonder what the latter has to do with the rest of this, but that sure was GANXTA!

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 06:28:34 PM »

I became smarter too, and I still loved it.  It's entertainment, who cares about their street cred.  If you feel the music is all that matters.

Elevz

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 07:10:46 PM »

I became smarter too, and I still loved it.  It's entertainment, who cares about their street cred.  If you feel the music is all that matters.

No, no, no. It's all about that "real hiphop" now! ::)