Author Topic: grodt  (Read 588 times)

XaNdEr

Re: grodt
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2007, 02:14:24 AM »
thats hipocrit, cause you know, its about the music, not the rapper, this personal stuff is trash, its about the product you buy, and you dont buy the rapper, but his cd, if thats good, fuckthe whole rapper, i rather buy a dope record of a wack personality then a trash album of a cool dude....

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2007, 01:18:12 PM »
thats hipocrit, cause you know, its about the music, not the rapper, this personal stuff is trash, its about the product you buy, and you dont buy the rapper, but his cd, if thats good, fuckthe whole rapper, i rather buy a dope record of a wack personality then a trash album of a cool dude....

True, everybody takes it personal and picks sides in beefs as if they were actually involved. But every body listens to G-Unit one way or another, most on this board just don't want to admit because they thinks it makes them less "hip-hop".

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 10:13:46 AM »

True, everybody takes it personal and picks sides in beefs as if they were actually involved. But every body listens to G-Unit one way or another, most on this board just don't want to admit because they thinks it makes them less "hip-hop".

it's cause of MTV and reality TV. BET, VH1

people think they know the artist and they pass a judgment. all that shit boils down to who's hot, you know? it's stupid shit. but Biggie never would have blown up in today's environment. he'd be portrayed as a fat unlikable criminal while Tupac would be encouraged to do songs with T.I. and Timberlake. it's good that they weren't around for this, but perhaps it wouldn't be like this with them around....

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Elevz

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 10:18:46 AM »

people think they know the artist and they pass a judgment. all that shit boils down to who's hot, you know? it's stupid shit. but Biggie never would have blown up in today's environment. he'd be portrayed as a fat unlikable criminal while Tupac would be encouraged to do songs with T.I. and Timberlake. it's good that they weren't around for this, but perhaps it wouldn't be like this with them around....

-T

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the slaying of two rappers has really changed anything about the music industry on a whole. It just made the rap fans more sceptical than they already were by the time Biggie started making fancy songs. He was good at it, but it sure was fancy.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 10:20:04 AM »

-T

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the slaying of two rappers has really changed anything about the music industry on a whole. It just made the rap fans more sceptical than they already were by the time Biggie started making fancy songs. He was good at it, but it sure was fancy.

what do you mean fancy?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2007, 11:29:22 AM »

-T

what do you mean fancy?

-T

well BIG did Hypnotize, he was one of the 1st rappers to guest on a lot of r & b records, and you also have "I Love The Dough" & "Mo Money mo Problems". I think Biggie's sugarcoating was mainly due to Puffy's ifluence, but Biggie did sound better than most over those tracks.

Tanj, I think it's the other way around, B.I.G. would be doing the songs with T.I. & Timberlake, while Pac would probably be another washed up west-coast rapper.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2007, 12:44:05 PM »

-T

what do you mean fancy?

-T

well BIG did Hypnotize, he was one of the 1st rappers to guest on a lot of r & b records, and you also have "I Love The Dough" & "Mo Money mo Problems". I think Biggie's sugarcoating was mainly due to Puffy's ifluence, but Biggie did sound better than most over those tracks.

Tanj, I think it's the other way around, B.I.G. would be doing the songs with T.I. & Timberlake, while Pac would probably be another washed up west-coast rapper.

if Pac looked like Big and Big looked like Pac, that would be the case. but it's all image based, shows make people look how they do based on how attractive they are/marketable etc.

though that's a crazy anterniverse to contemplate.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2007, 12:56:57 PM »

-T

what do you mean fancy?

-T

if Pac looked like Big and Big looked like Pac, that would be the case. but it's all image based, shows make people look how they do based on how attractive they are/marketable etc.

-T

I dunno, Pun was very popular, Fat Joe, E-40 still is mainstream, and there's plenty other ugly mofo's rappin in the mainstream right now. Big was just that special that I feel like he would still be mainstream, still selling records.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2007, 12:57:50 PM »
did pun, e 40, ANY of those dudes blow up in 05/06/07? nah. I'm saying if they were coming up in the game now

-T

-T

what do you mean fancy?

-T

-T

I dunno, Pun was very popular, Fat Joe, E-40 still is mainstream, and there's plenty other ugly mofo's rappin in the mainstream right now. Big was just that special that I feel like he would still be mainstream, still selling records.

westcoastavengers.com