Author Topic: "Bounce" - by Dr Dre Timbo - Detox better not sound like this!  (Read 938 times)

Inspire / Moss

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.DUBCNN.com
Re: "Bounce" - by Dr Dre Timbo - Detox better not sound like this!
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 10:53:29 AM »
this is dope imo..

~ Westcoast News Network ~

Nasty Nem

• 'G'
  • HOV
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 11:50:15 AM »
its on a timbo album, why would detox sound anything like it?

you clown

and ya don't stop

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 11:55:02 AM »
Smh, that beat alone shtis on aynthing Dre did in the past 2 years and its not even the best beat from Shock Value.

Check the track with 50, Timbo killing Dre at his own sound. Orchestra, piano....

The Great Elephant

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2007, 05:51:37 PM »
Smh, that beat alone shtis on aynthing Dre did in the past 2 years and its not even the best beat from Shock Value.

Check the track with 50, Timbo killing Dre at his own sound. Orchestra, piano....

off the top of my head, the big bang tracks, hustlers, no stoppin carson and maybe 1 or 2 of the tbct beats were all better than this.  that come get me track is kind of corny if anything.  im listening to the album right now and its good production but nothing here is topping or killing dre as you put it.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2007, 07:06:31 PM »

LOL!!! please tell me your joking. I like Timbo somtimes and he's great when it comes to radio/club/trance/poppy joints but "killing dre these last two years"?

Shit...the beat for "Get You Some" and/or "Higher" >>>> over 70% of Timbo's career. Not to mention "Westside Story", "Outta Control", "Outta Control Remix", "When It Rains It Pours", "How We Do"...ect.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2007, 07:14:33 PM »

LOL!!! please tell me your joking. I like Timbo somtimes and he's great when it comes to radio/club/trance/poppy joints but "killing dre these last two years"?

Shit...the beat for "Get You Some" and/or "Higher" >>>> over 70% of Timbo's career. Not to mention "Westside Story", "Outta Control", "Outta Control Remix", "When It Rains It Pours", "How We Do"...ect.

Obviously you can't read. He said within the last 2 years, the Doc was more then 2 years ago. Timbaland in 2006 >>>> Dre 2006. Easily. Thats the point hes trying to make.

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 07:15:37 PM »

Obviously you can't read. He said within the last 2 years, the Doc was more then 2 years ago. Timbaland in 2006 >>>> Dre 2006. Easily. Thats the point hes trying to make.

most of timbo's shit in 06 wasn't great, but heavily poppy. Just because it's successful doesn't mean it's good. I defanitely give him props for my love, but sexy back was plain annoying as was the nelly furtado track. Sure 06' wasn't dre's best work, but I believe he had more quality then timbo

Commercial success in 06: Timbo >>>> Dre
Quality in 06: Dre >>>> Timbo
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 07:17:10 PM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2007, 07:24:44 PM »
im not feelin this track at all

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2007, 07:42:31 PM »

most of timbo's shit in 06 wasn't great, but heavily poppy. Just because it's successful doesn't mean it's good. I defanitely give him props for my love, but sexy back was plain annoying as was the nelly furtado track. Sure 06' wasn't dre's best work, but I believe he had more quality then timbo

Whether you thought those tracks were annoying isn't really the point of discussion. Quality is completely subjective. Timbaland had more hits, compared to Dre's zero, he had more sales. He was responsible for the success of two of the biggest selling acts in 2006 (timberlake and furtado).

Lunatic

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2007, 07:47:21 PM »

Whether you thought those tracks were annoying isn't really the point of discussion. Quality is completely subjective. Timbaland had more hits, compared to Dre's zero, he had more sales. He was responsible for the success of two of the biggest selling acts in 2006 (timberlake and furtado).

True. It's not like Dre tried to have any hits. He stayed in the shadow this year mainstream wise. He did do some nice joints on busta's album as well as snoop's etc.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 08:07:30 PM »

I can read, and if you wanna take "The Doc" out... than "Get You Some" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything Timbo's done these last couple years. I listed a bunch of beats that were released within two years.

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2007, 08:13:01 PM »
ain't feeling that bounce track. luckly detox ain't gonna sound like it.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2007, 09:18:34 PM »
I'm just saying, their both releasing good material, but Timbaland is more successful over 2006. IMO  though Promiscuous Girl is a much better beat. I get tired of some of Dre's stuff because of the repetitive looping of the beats. On another note, my fav Dre beat of the year is probably "Get Low" -Stat Quo. Amazing shit.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2007, 03:23:41 AM »
Lol, how did this turn into a Dre vs Timbaland thread?
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2007, 05:06:41 AM »
Pop or not, you have to look at the beats not the song. And Timbo has shitted on Dre sincel 06.

Look at Dres betas in 06,07:

Get You Some= great, only Dre worthy beat
Over Here = Candy Shop rip off
Cocaina= dope
Dont Get Carried Away= very, very dope
Legend Of Fall Offs= aight
Nightmares=never released in CDQ, so its hard to judge
Lost Ones= boring
30 Something= sounds like 2001 leftover
Trouble= Timbo rip off
Minorty Report= very simple
Boss Life= cool but still nothing special
Round Here= sample we've heard before, boring
Imagine= dope
Hustlers = awful, just a loop
Get Low= boring
Hold On= dope
Aing Going Nowhere=boring

Ok, so we can say shitted, minus Big Bang.

Now you know Ive been always defending Dre but I just cant anymore. Beats hes putting out lately are boring, no melody and usually just loops. I hope its just his strategy before Detox.

Im patiently waiting for 50s new cd, 50 hasnt picked a wack Dre beat yet. And of course Reformation and Detox.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 05:18:40 AM by Timbo the king »