Author Topic: For all you muufuckaz with ADD or ADHD...WEED IS THE ANSWER!  (Read 456 times)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: For all you muufuckaz with ADD or ADHD...WEED IS THE ANSWER!
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2007, 10:28:13 PM »
Did you ingest it though? That's what they are talking about. Eating it gives a completely different type of high.

Smoking it is effective, they just said it doesn't last as long...

But cmon...a 9 year old smoking a joint? Smoking anything can give you cancer.

It has never been proven that smoking WEED can lead to cancer...In fact, it has been proven that weed is actually beneficial in fighting AGAINST some forms of cancer.

I'm aware of marijuana's medicinal factors, but your lungs are made to keep foreign bodies out. Introducting dust and tar on a consistant basis isn't good, no matter what it is.

Chief

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2007, 05:23:01 AM »
i'm wit banana shake on this one, weed aint no big deal, just dont smoke it everyday... you'll end up like S~O~M !!!

and yeah, it's the weed's fault SOM got fucked, even though it was an indirect cause!

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2007, 06:55:38 AM »
any kind of smoking will lead to lung cancer.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2007, 08:43:10 AM »
Weed can fuck people up. i used to have this homie a while back, and he was totally normal, but he started to smoke weed everyday and after a couple of years he got all fucked up. He started seeing things had all kind of crazy ideas, they even took him to the nut house for a while. But hes still not normal hes fucked up for life now.

But it really depends on the person, he must have had it in him.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »
Did you ingest it though? That's what they are talking about. Eating it gives a completely different type of high.

Smoking it is effective, they just said it doesn't last as long...

But cmon...a 9 year old smoking a joint? Smoking anything can give you cancer.

It has never been proven that smoking WEED can lead to cancer...In fact, it has been proven that weed is actually beneficial in fighting AGAINST some forms of cancer.

I'm aware of marijuana's medicinal factors, but your lungs are made to keep foreign bodies out. Introducting dust and tar on a consistant basis isn't good, no matter what it is.

Never said it was good for your lungs. Still doesn't cause cancer though...Lots of things people do on a daily basis are just as bad, if not worse for their bodies than weed could ever be. Weed has its pros and cons, just like most things in life...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2007, 09:52:00 AM »
any kind of smoking will lead to lung cancer.

This is not even close to being proven...Tobacco tightens your wind pipes as it's being smoked. Weed has been proven to EXPAND your wind pipes as it's being smoked. The only confirmed connection they've made with weed and cancer is that it actually CURES a few forms of cancer...We're used to getting anti-weed messages thrown in our faces all day every day. Try looking into what some credible doctors or scientists who RECOMMEND it say...

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2007, 09:58:47 AM »
Except for their psychoactive ingredients, marijuana and tobacco smoke are nearly identical. 21 Because most marijuana smokers inhale more deeply and hold the smoke in their lungs, more dangerous material may be consumed per cigarette. However, it is the total volume of irritant inhalation—not the amount in each cigarette—that matters.

Most tobacco smokers consume more than 10 cigarettes per day and some consume 40 or more. Regular marijuana smokers seldom consume more than three to five cigarettes per day and most consume far fewer. Thus, the amount of irritant material inhaled almost never approaches that of tobacco users.

Frequent marijuana smokers experience adverse respiratory symptoms from smoking, including chronic cough, chronic phlegm, and wheezing. However, the only prospective clinical study shows no increased risk of crippling pulmonary disease (chronic bronchitis and emphysema).

Since 1982, UCLA researchers have evaluated pulmonary function and bronchial cell characteristics in marijuana-only smokers, tobacco-only smokers, smokers of both, and non-smokers. Although they have found changes in marijuana-only smokers, the changes are much less pronounced than those found in tobacco smokers.

The nature of the marijuana-induced changes were also different, occurring primarily in the lung's large airways - not the small peripheral airways affected by tobacco smoke. Since it is small-airway inflammation that causes chronic bronchitis and emphysema, marijuana smokers may not develop these diseases. 22

In an epidemiological survey, approximately 1200 subjects gave information on smoking and pulmonary function at two-year intervals. A large percentage of the subjects underwent pulmonary function testing. Although a small group who reported previous marijuana smoking had significant pulmonary abnormalities, current marijuana smokers had no significant reduction in any pulmonary functions. 23

There are no epidemiological or aggregate clinical data suggesting that marijuana-only smokers develop lung cancer. However, since some bronchial cell changes appear to be pre-cancerous, an increased risk of cancer among frequent marijuana smokers is possible. 24

Since the pulmonary risks associated with marijuana are related to smoking, the danger is eliminated with other routes of administration. For committed smokers, pulmonary risk might be reduced with higher-potency products, which produce desired psychoactive effects with less inhalation of irritants. Smokers could also be encouraged to abandon deep inhalation and breath-holding, which increase drug delivery only slightly. Finally, pulmonary risk might be reduced if marijuana were smoked in water pipes rather than cigarettes.
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »
Point is, eating it will get you high too. If I was prescribed THC pills or something, I definately wouldn't complain.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2007, 06:56:14 PM »
me and my friends are screwing around with flavouring weed, we put ground up banana shit and sprayed five alive diluted with alot of water on some buds and let them dry, shit burns for along time and it's really sticky :D also has a lemony citrus after taste to it.

thats proper
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2007, 07:00:46 PM »
here fuckers. btw i haven't smoked weed since may used to smoke at least and 1/8 a day. purp ofcourse

Study Finds No Cancer-Marijuana Connection

By Marc Kaufman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, May 26, 2006; A03

The largest study of its kind has unexpectedly concluded that smoking marijuana, even regularly and heavily, does not lead to lung cancer.

The new findings "were against our expectations," said Donald Tashkin of the University of California at Los Angeles, a pulmonologist who has studied marijuana for 30 years.

"We hypothesized that there would be a positive association between marijuana use and lung cancer, and that the association would be more positive with heavier use," he said. "What we found instead was no association at all, and even a suggestion of some protective effect."

Federal health and drug enforcement officials have widely used Tashkin's previous work on marijuana to make the case that the drug is dangerous. Tashkin said that while he still believes marijuana is potentially harmful, its cancer-causing effects appear to be of less concern than previously thought.

Earlier work established that marijuana does contain cancer-causing chemicals as potentially harmful as those in tobacco, he said. However, marijuana also contains the chemical THC, which he said may kill aging cells and keep them from becoming cancerous.

Tashkin's study, funded by the National Institutes of Health's National Institute on Drug Abuse, involved 1,200 people in Los Angeles who had lung, neck or head cancer and an additional 1,040 people without cancer matched by age, sex and neighborhood.

They were all asked about their lifetime use of marijuana, tobacco and alcohol. The heaviest marijuana smokers had lighted up more than 22,000 times, while moderately heavy usage was defined as smoking 11,000 to 22,000 marijuana cigarettes. Tashkin found that even the very heavy marijuana smokers showed no increased incidence of the three cancers studied.

"This is the largest case-control study ever done, and everyone had to fill out a very extensive questionnaire about marijuana use," he said. "Bias can creep into any research, but we controlled for as many confounding factors as we could, and so I believe these results have real meaning."

Tashkin's group at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA had hypothesized that marijuana would raise the risk of cancer on the basis of earlier small human studies, lab studies of animals, and the fact that marijuana users inhale more deeply and generally hold smoke in their lungs longer than tobacco smokers -- exposing them to the dangerous chemicals for a longer time. In addition, Tashkin said, previous studies found that marijuana tar has 50 percent higher concentrations of chemicals linked to cancer than tobacco cigarette tar.

While no association between marijuana smoking and cancer was found, the study findings, presented to the American Thoracic Society International Conference this week, did find a 20-fold increase in lung cancer among people who smoked two or more packs of cigarettes a day.

The study was limited to people younger than 60 because those older than that were generally not exposed to marijuana in their youth, when it is most often tried.

View all comments that have been posted about this article.

I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2007, 09:28:19 PM »
^^Thank you. 8)

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2007, 06:43:54 PM »
smoking marijuana puts toxins in your lungs, toxins, while may not directly cause cancer, cause harm to your lungs, its common sense,

smell or drink bong water, thats a lot, not all, of bad shit that would be in your lungs if you were smoking a blunt.

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2007, 07:33:42 PM »
Point is, eating it will get you high too. If I was prescribed THC pills or something, I definately wouldn't complain.

I've had THC pills for leukemia patients before and they sucked big time, I didn't feel anything.
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2007, 08:10:10 PM »
personally i like the act of smoking weed, even if i had access to cookies easily, i would still smoke more than eat

Chief

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2007, 03:33:50 AM »
how about becoming sterile? is there any truth in that?