Author Topic: Mims = next 50 Cent (YES, IM SERIOUS)  (Read 689 times)

floatin_above_everything

Re: Mims = next 50 Cent
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 01:07:14 PM »
Mims is dope, not great, but pretty good. He is in no way as good as 50 was/is.

Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 04:46:04 PM »

his pre-school rhymes are a joke. don't say he's good, say his producer is good
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 05:18:40 PM »
Mims have got some good lyrics, even though the single is wack. I know you weren't talking bout Fif though ;)

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 05:28:33 PM »
artistically yeah sure, they both suck. will he blow up like 50? probably, mainstream hip hop likes to give shitty artists more shine.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 05:37:41 PM »
artistically yeah sure, they both suck. will he blow up like 50? probably, mainstream hip hop likes to give shitty artists more shine.

You must have just started listening to 50 when "Candy Shop" came out. GRODT was a GREAT cd, and that was partly due to 50 artistic ability. He marketed himself very well since "How to Rob" came out.

Mims I dunno, 50 came from the ground up and he had a intersesting back story. Mims just had a hot single, and some good 16's, but I dunno bout him even going gold.

Lunatic

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2007, 05:55:39 PM »

You must have just started listening to 50 when "Candy Shop" came out. GRODT was a GREAT cd, and that was partly due to 50 artistic ability. He marketed himself very well since "How to Rob" came out.

Mims I dunno, 50 came from the ground up and he had a intersesting back story. Mims just had a hot single, and some good 16's, but I dunno bout him even going gold.

LMAO at anyone thinking Mims will blow up like 50. Dude won't pass 600,000 records sold

hey hey hey hey smoke weed everyday

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • rip bad news brown!!!
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2007, 06:05:13 PM »
i dont even know who is this mims.. where he from? what label?

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2007, 06:06:49 PM »

LMAO at anyone thinking Mims will blow up like 50. Dude won't pass 600,000 records sold

Thats's what I'm saying. He doesn't have that extra something to set him apart from the pack. Don't pass judgement just because of where he's from.

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2007, 06:08:14 PM »

Thats's what I'm saying. He doesn't have that extra something to set him apart from the pack. Don't pass judgement just because of where he's from.

exactly. i bet more ppl buy the single off itunes then buy his album

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2007, 06:18:32 PM »
i dont even know who is this mims.. where he from? what label?

Read my OG post, I added info and 2 tracks to peep.

'DsR'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2007, 06:50:33 PM »

his pre-school rhymes are a joke. don't say he's good, say his producer is good

word

"fuck under tha influence im hella fucked up, swervin down the freeway spillin my cup"

Lunatic

Re: Mims = next 50 Cent (YES, IM SERIOUS)
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2007, 07:40:26 PM »
sorry, but I can't believe your even serious. The line you posted (i could say nothing etc.) is a PRIME example of this dude's skills. That's pretty much him SAYING he made it because of his producer

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2007, 08:17:42 PM »
He's just saying it for the sake of that. he knew because of the beat, he had a hit single and didn't have to say shit. Not saying that's the attitude you want a rapper to have, but it is what it is.

Lunatic

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2007, 08:26:53 PM »
He's just saying it for the sake of that. he knew because of the beat, he had a hit single and didn't have to say shit. Not saying that's the attitude you want a rapper to have, but it is what it is.

still. that line is plain sad. you could fill this thread with any artist as long as they had that beat.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2007, 08:30:55 PM »
Well, that's wat I'm saying, it's just that single. He's got better shit than "This Is Why I'm Hot "