Author Topic: Rappers you thought were going to blow up but they never really did...  (Read 627 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Bad Azz-  He came so hard on "Beware of My Crew" I was sure he was gonna be the next big West Coast artist, especially because of his affiliation with Snoop.

Royce Da 5-9-  When Eminem came out in 99 I thought Royce was going to follow in his foosteps.  "Bad Meetz Evil" was a great duo track and they had a little EP together with some other great tracks they had done together like "Scary Movie" and "Nothing to Do".  Also, Royce had a dope solo joint on there called "Im the King".  I used to bump the hell out of that cd.   I thought Detroit was going to be the next big city to blow up.  I heard him on "The Throne Is Mine" a leftover track from Dres 2001 album and I was sure he was going to blow up.  But then, that track never appeared on the album, and he had a falling out with Dre before that so he never got signed to Aftermath.  And the rest is history.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

XaNdEr

ras kass

dude established himself real hard with soul on ice back in 96, and then his follow up rasassination was more commercial, but even better, imo, then soul on ice, but then that cpaitol records shit happened and things went downhill....damn...

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Knocturnal

Lunatic

Knoc-turn'al (I still hold hope that 1 day he will)
Hittman
Crooked I (same story as knoc)
Sly Boogy
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

everlast1986

Pharoahe Monch - he already blew up underground with Organized Konfusion but when he came out with "Simon Says" that shit was raw and i thought he was on his way to blowing up mainstream but his cd stopped shipping because of using the godzilla theme sample which is a bunch of fucking shit i think

alot of other rappers too but Pharoahe comes to my mind first

ABN

^he´s on SRC and if they throw out a single featuring Akon then he still got a chance of blowing up.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Canibus in 98, his name was being compared to Rakim...still think he's one of the greats, but being blackballed is a motherfucker,

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

ABN

Canibus in 98, his name was being compared to Rakim...still think he's one of the greats, but being blackballed is a motherfucker,

chill
he´s never been blackballed, that´s just an excuse coz he can´t make good songs. he can drop all of the jibberish(coz that´s all he´s doin) but when it comes down to picking good beats,writing good hooks and coming up with appealing concepts Canibus is weak as fuck.

herpes

Ali Vegas
Saigon
Crooked I
Canibus
soon to be papoose

$Eg2$

Bad Azz-  He came so hard on "Beware of My Crew" I was sure he was gonna be the next big West Coast artist, especially because of his affiliation with Snoop.

Royce Da 5-9-  When Eminem came out in 99 I thought Royce was going to follow in his foosteps.  "Bad Meetz Evil" was a great duo track and they had a little EP together with some other great tracks they had done together like "Scary Movie" and "Nothing to Do".  Also, Royce had a dope solo joint on there called "Im the King".  I used to bump the hell out of that cd.   I thought Detroit was going to be the next big city to blow up.  I heard him on "The Throne Is Mine" a leftover track from Dres 2001 album and I was sure he was going to blow up.  But then, that track never appeared on the album, and he had a falling out with Dre before that so he never got signed to Aftermath.  And the rest is history.

I agree wit ya I always liked Royce Da 5-9(NO HOMO) I still hope he can blow up someday  :(

floatin_above_everything

Re: Rappers you thought were going to blow up but they never really did...
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 01:10:53 PM »

I agree wit ya I always liked Royce Da 5-9(NO HOMO) I still hope he can blow up someday  :(

Word, Royce is among the last of a dying breed, he can blow up with the right push, and I don't thik that about alot of underground artists.

There was a time where I thought alot of the Bay rappers would blow up ( Federation, Ya Boy, Clyde Carson, Bailey, Quinn, Mess, Keak, Fab, etc. ), but now I know that will never happen.
I thought DPG would be more popular when they re-united=wrong!
And I also thought Crooked I, G Malone, Bishop, Mitchy, SAS were all gonna do big things. :-[

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 01:50:48 PM »
And I also thought Crooked I, Mitchy, SAS were all gonna do big things. :-[
Word,I always thought IV Life had potential as well especially after hearin Young Buc drop that in da club freestyle.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 01:52:09 PM »
^^Ya they were dope from what I heard from them. For the longest time, they were all the rage in the Connection, and just dissapeared. It's just not in the cards for the West I guess.

Paul

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 04:05:03 PM »
lil c style

who got some gangsta shit was crazy

knoc and hittman 2
funkyfreshintheflesh

TRG

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 06:39:11 PM »
Hittman
Crooked I