Author Topic: Shock Value sucks  (Read 2015 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: Shock Value sucks
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 11:04:36 AM »
There's about 6 songs im not feeling much, but theres about 6 that are super tight... Kill Yourself is my shit!! The track with Elton John is tight as hell.. That eletronic joint "Way I Are" is hot too.. not really feeling the rock joints, or the song with dre..

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 11:24:46 AM »
Looks like almost noone is feeling that track with Dre. Am I the only one who think that song's dope as fuck?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 11:31:09 AM »
Timbo gave his best beats to Aaliyah and Ginuwine

fixed

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

The.Game

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 12:05:57 PM »
The Way I See It?
I Got Dogg Chit\Red Gone Wild\Buck The World
To Listen To Dont Need No Wack Ass Timbaland Album

That Shit With JT AND DRE Made Me Sick!!!!

If The Good Die Young? Then The Greats Go To jail

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 12:07:29 PM »
E-banging? How you figure? So now saying that a gay ass cd is gay makes you an internet thug. I'd like for you yo explain to me how you came to that conclusion. Face it, the cd is some homosexual pop shit.

Yes it does. So let me guess. Youre one of those guys that hears a pop/rnb song in the club and starts mean muging and saying "fuck these pop clowns b, Tray D is a triple OG"

Explain to me how is this homosexual ? Because it has records that cater to women ? Yeah, thats gay as fuck.

If anything is homosexual is these rappers dissing other rappers by saying  "suck my dick."

rik

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 12:12:43 PM »
E-banging? How you figure? So now saying that a gay ass cd is gay makes you an internet thug. I'd like for you yo explain to me how you came to that conclusion. Face it, the cd is some homosexual pop shit.

Yes it does. So let me guess. Youre one of those guys that hears a pop/rnb song in the club and starts mean muging and saying "fuck these pop clowns b, Tray D is a triple OG"

Explain to me how is this homosexual ? Because it has records that cater to women ? Yeah, thats gay as fuck.

If anything is homosexual is these rappers dissing other rappers by saying  "suck my dick."

Yeah, you described me perfectly in the first line. Homie you have no idea what I listen to. I like all kinds of music, but this is garbage. Pop sucks homie, it sucks.

So if this record caters to women and a man likes it, you don't think that's gay?

Just admit it, Timbo could have been talking about sticking is dick in some other dudes ass the whole album and you would have loved it.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 12:18:51 PM »
Pretty much yeah, because with an Timbaland album Im not looking for some deep lyrics, Im rating the beats and the way the album flows. This album is perfect for you stereo or the clubs.

I have nothing againts people not liking this album, its just that some people wont even give it a chance or are on that whole "fuck that pop shit." They made up their mind about this as soon as they saw the tracklisting.

Suga Foot

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 01:24:33 PM »
I don't think it's anything new.  I've heard music like this coming out of Europe for years (my bro used to be into that kind of stuff).  I think Timbaland is just bringing it to a new audience.  He's throwing Pop, Hip Hop, R&B, and Rock old and new all in a pot and mixing it up.  I think it came out cool.  He was more successful at it than other producers.  There's a lot of creativity and new sounds on this album, thats what makes me like it. 

Just wait till Top 40 Radio gets a hold of "Apologize". 

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 01:39:51 PM »
I don't think it's anything new.  I've heard music like this coming out of Europe for years (my bro used to be into that kind of stuff).  I think Timbaland is just bringing it to a new audience.  He's throwing Pop, Hip Hop, R&B, and Rock old and new all in a pot and mixing it up.  I think it came out cool.  He was more successful at it than other producers.  There's a lot of creativity and new sounds on this album, thats what makes me like it. 

Just wait till Top 40 Radio gets a hold of "Apologize". 

LOL haven't heard it yet, but the title just reminds me of the south park episode that just came out where stans dad had to ' 'Pologize' to jesse jackson

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Paul

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 01:43:25 PM »
the tracks dont even look cool on paper they look like a homosexual picnic of weak pop artists

lol, true, but imma still gonna give it a try
funkyfreshintheflesh

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2007, 02:08:18 PM »
Just admit it, Timbo could have been talking about sticking is dick in some other dudes ass the whole album and you would have loved it.
Pretty much yeah

:-\ :nawty:

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2007, 02:23:27 PM »
Catching feelings ? More like laughing at thugged out people on the internet, who only listen to gangsta rap and think any other genre is "homo". I have no problem with someone saying its wack but to say that because it has "homosexual pop shit", well now thats e-banging at its finest.

what? i listen to ALOT of music, probably more than you could comprehend kid thats why this weak ass attempt at being diverse makes me laugh. timbo should stick to making beats for rappers and r&b singers. smarten up

Bishop Lamont

• Lil Geezy
  • Just Waitin
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2007, 02:28:32 PM »
I thought after a few listens it wasnt terrible but I was feeling some of the shit on it. I liked the first few tracks anf thought the beats were kinda dope and creative but it becomes a little to club sounding for my taste and gets worse as it goes along.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2007, 02:37:16 PM »
Catching feelings ? More like laughing at thugged out people on the internet, who only listen to gangsta rap and think any other genre is "homo". I have no problem with someone saying its wack but to say that because it has "homosexual pop shit", well now thats e-banging at its finest.

what? i listen to ALOT of music, probably more than you could comprehend kid thats why this weak ass attempt at being diverse makes me laugh. timbo should stick to making beats for rappers and r&b singers. smarten up

I'm not hating on TTK when i say this...but I do feel (i have not listened to the record yet, but just based on the artists i saw listed) that there were more artists of a higher caliber from other genres he could have worked with. elton john is good, i like him...but she wants revenge and the hives are flash in the pans, i'm familiar with both groups and something like the mars volta, Metric, or LCD soundsystem would have been way more cutting edge and diverse. problem is, timbo (same with dre to an extent) doesn't demand anything stylistically pre-requisite wise of anyone anymore. he just demands that you be a huge seller for him to consider fucking with you.which is really unfortunate. he's not trying to blow up new artists, he's tryna fuck with artists from all over the board that sell well.
-T

westcoastavengers.com

Elevz

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2007, 02:57:43 PM »
Now, TTK, you're a cool dude and all, but there's one thing that needs to stop. The way you use stereotypes on people is ridiculous...

Now. Let me tell you this: You're posting in the OUTBOUND SECTIONS. Just about no one here comes to discuss gangsta rap only (as opposed to some people on the westcoast board), and that should tell you something. And it shows from the discussions people have here; plenty of people openly display a variety in tastes. So when they disagree with you, why do you necessarily feel like they never even gave the album a fair shot? Can't someone legitimately disagree with you?

I enjoy Timbaland's older albums, I listen to a variety of other musical genres and in fact I don't listen to any gangsta rap at all. But guess what? To me, Shock Value wasn't good.