Author Topic: OMG! my friend SWEARS chronic 2001 is NOT a classic! plz help me smack him  (Read 906 times)

Tha Crip

LOL for real tho...asside from the dre remix and dmx diss song i wasnt feeling any of the songs when i bought streets...keep in mind i had bought space boogie b4 streets and i guess i was jus expecting sum mind blowing fredwreck and quik beats again ....ill admit maybe the features werent that great but overall i enjoyed space boogie ALOT MORE...shit sounded like 2001 part 2 when i first heard it...each his own tho homie  8)
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

$Eg2$

^^^ Kill yourself LOL J/k

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Great album, just overrated.  The OG Chronic however is classic IMO.  2001, no classic.

KURUPTION-81

classic to me, production wise the album still sounds fresh in my ears.

and streetz iz a mutha >>>>>>>>>>>>>space boggie.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

smp4life

Not a classic.

everlast1986

how can you smack someone over the computer?

Paul

LOL for real tho...asside from the dre remix and dmx diss song i wasnt feeling any of the songs when i bought streets...keep in mind i had bought space boogie b4 streets and i guess i was jus expecting sum mind blowing fredwreck and quik beats again ....ill admit maybe the features werent that great but overall i enjoyed space boogie ALOT MORE...shit sounded like 2001 part 2 when i first heard it...each his own tho homie  8)

lol, jus jokin, naw streetz is like prob my fav album along with dogg food, so anyone got a problem with streetz got a problem with me lol
funkyfreshintheflesh

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
fuck an opinion, certified classic to me! haha.....but in truth, first half of the album was some of the most influentional shit ever and the second part like some others have said, was weaker, but the second half also had alot of shit from people who were suppposedly the future of the westcoast, and ironically the second half was weaker and a sign of things to come for the westcoast, cuz not many westcoast new cats have risen since then...but yeah, overall easily a classic....certified......but there has been  better albums top to bottom no doubt

streetz iz a mutha shits on and rapes 2001.

greko

• 'G'
I think 2001 has some classic joints but as a hole album it's not as good as OG Chronic... Damn near a classic though and still better than any Jay-z album. Streetz iz a Mutha on the other hand is a personal classic for me...  8)

1980DRE

• 'G'
  • Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week...
Fuck opinions! It's a CLASSIC!
THANK YOU!

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Easily a classic, sure it's overated and isn't near as good as The Chronic but it's still a classic.

thisoneguy360

Classic  8)

We Fly High

its aiite. i  remember buying it the day it came out. Like I was anticipating its release a month in advance, haha. it was pretty good, but not classic. theres too many fillers. the only song i still will bump will prob be still dre. i dont really listen to whats the difference, or forgot about dre, or anything else.

Paul

whats the difference really annoyed me for some reason

housewife was my joint though
funkyfreshintheflesh