Author Topic: Top 5 Washed Up Rappers  (Read 1025 times)

phatpat

• Lil Geezy
Top 5 Washed Up Rappers
« on: March 27, 2007, 10:09:03 AM »
1. DJ Quik - his new music sucks, the beats don't even sound westcoast, plus recently he went to jail for assault, if thats not washed up, what is?
2. Raekwon - had a hot album in 1995, that was like 12 years ago.........(actually you could say whole Wu-Tang is washed up)
3. Dogg Pound - New album is a step backwards, lyrics subject matter haven't changed from 1995 (but then these guys are dumb as a f***)
4. Jay-Z - Does this guy actually have anything to say that we haven't heard before.
5. Nas - He reminds me of a grumpy old man.

d-nice

Re: Top 5 Washed Up Rappers
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 10:47:06 AM »
Wow at your list. Raekwon has 3 albums, not as hot as the the first but damn far from falling off.

Quik- Trauma?

DPG- ok

Jay Z- not really feeling the new album

Nas- Nah he still doing it.

$Eg2$

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 11:07:29 AM »
1. DJ Quik - his new music sucks, the beats don't even sound westcoast, plus recently he went to jail for assault, if thats not washed up, what is?
2. Raekwon - had a hot album in 1995, that was like 12 years ago.........(actually you could say whole Wu-Tang is washed up)
3. Dogg Pound - New album is a step backwards, lyrics subject matter haven't changed from 1995 (but then these guys are dumb as a f***)
4. Jay-Z - Does this guy actually have anything to say that we haven't heard before.
5. Nas - He reminds me of a grumpy old man.

Have you ever considered deleting your account .

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 11:29:49 AM »
prolly made this account just to make this thread.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 11:37:21 AM »
Wu-Tang ( minus Ghost & Rae, there music is terrible now. I don't even feel RZA's beats as much anymore)
MC Eiht ( has released one dope album out of about 10 since Quik tore him a new one )
RBX ( never cared for him much, the fact that he's still trying to sell is funny too me )
The Roots ( just not there time anymore, they will always get nominated for the grammy's every time they put out an album at least, but last album sounded very weak )
Yukmouth/Keak Da Sneak ( They both have had mulitple opportunities to be successful and blew it every time. )
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 12:10:12 PM by floatin_above_everything »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 11:42:32 AM »
In no order

Tha Dogg Pound - First album just barely came out before they started falling off.
Mobb Deep - Released 2 classics, went on the decline, signed to the hottest record label at the time, and ended up releasing their worst album (sales and quality wise).
Warren G - Went from 3x platinum, to having his father beg people not to download his album.
Crooked I - It's amazing how someone could have nothing and still manage to find a way to fall off.

Can only think of 4 right now.

everlast1986

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 11:58:27 AM »
Mobb Deep
Bizzy Bone

hmm thats all i can really think of

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 12:14:06 PM »
Xzibit
50 Cent
Eminem
Can only think of these guys for now.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 12:15:56 PM »
Xzibit
50 Cent
Eminem

I agree with the xzibit statement, but Em & 50 washed up? When one of them releases an album that doesn't sell gold, then u can say they fell off, but they are still selling alot of records and haven't even really been around long enough to be washed up anyways.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 12:19:15 PM »
Wow this nigga said Nas. "Hip Hop is Dead" one of the best albums I've heard in years.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 12:23:33 PM »
snoop dogg dogg pound mc eiht spice 1 too short  8)

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 12:30:58 PM »
Wow this nigga said Nas. "Hip Hop is Dead" one of the best albums I've heard in years.
co-sign

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 12:39:16 PM »
Xzibit
50 Cent
Eminem

I agree with the xzibit statement, but Em & 50 washed up? When one of them releases an album that doesn't sell gold, then u can say they fell off, but they are still selling alot of records and haven't even really been around long enough to be washed up anyways.
I knew you was gonna quote my post :laugh: I'm not talking about how many records these guys have sold, I'm talking strictly beats & lyrics.50's first 3 albums (Power Of The Dollar, Guess Who's Back & Get Rich Or Die Tryin') are dope as hell especially GWB, that's an east coast classic imo.But ever since he released Beg For Mercy with the rest of the G-Unit his rhymes have become so weak, I mean they're bellow average.Massacre had some cool beats & songs but the rest was trash.As for Eminem, I just can't stand his voice, rhymes & basically everything that has to do with him.First of all, he sounds like he's from the south or something.Also he either raps about stupid shit like sleeping with little boys, how he farts & shits or he raps gangsta.He began rapping gangsta ever since 50 was signed to Shady/Aftermath.He acts like noone has gone through the shit he's been through.I liked him on the Slim Shady LP & that's about it.Even though I didn't like Em's style on The Eminem Show, I gotta admit lyrically (talking about mic skills) Em Was a beast.Oh & his beats, he's got a few nice productions & a few wack ones.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 12:41:50 PM by UKnowWhatItIs »

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 12:52:08 PM »
RBX ( never cared for him much, the fact that he's still trying to sell is funny too me )
I never understood how people could bare listenin to him on his guest appearances,but a whole album?..

Xzibit
Damn,Restless was a classic,MvM and WOMD were both solid and ill admit Full Circle wasnt up to my standards as an X fan but overall I think he's still holdin his own.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 12:55:36 PM »
At The Speed Of Life=dope as fuck
40 Dayz & 40 Nightz=west coast classic
Restless=west coast classic
& every CD after that is just straight wack.Yeah he's got a few good songs here & there but that's it.It's sad cause X used to be my favorite rapper :'(