Author Topic: Carlos Mencia Steals From Bill Cosby?  (Read 366 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Carlos Mencia Steals From Bill Cosby?
« on: March 25, 2007, 08:35:13 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lCixAktGPlg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lCixAktGPlg</a>

Is Carlos Mencia Stealing From Bill Cosby?

AOL
NEW YORK (March 23) - "Stop me if you've heard this one before." If new charges of plagiarism are true, Carlos Mencia would have a hard time getting through his stand-up routine.

The host of Comedy Central's 'Mind of Mencia' has been accused of stealing jokes before, most notably a riff on border fences by Ari Shaffir , but new charges of borrowing from Bill Cosby  have viral video sites and blogs buzzing.

In his 1983 comedy video, 'Himself,' Cosby rattles off a joke about a father who spends years teaching his son to play football, from the backyard to college stardom. The punch line comes when the son scores a big touchdown and "the cameras on him, and you're looking, and he says 'hi mom.'"

In Mencia's version, which aired on his HBO special 'No Strings Attached' last year, the son makes it to the Super Bowl. The end of the joke comes after the son wins the MVP award, "and the cameras come up to him and say 'you got anything to say to the camera?' ... 'I love you mom.'"

Last month, former 'Fear Factor' host Joe Rogan confronted Mencia onstage at L.A.'s legendary 'Laugh Factory,' accusing him of ripping off other people's material. As a result, Rogan has been banned by the comedy club.

Do you think Mencia knowingly stole from Cosby?
Yes 74%
No 26%
Total Votes: 40,761

After seeing both jokes, whose is better?
Cosby's 77%
Mencia's 23%
Total Votes: 39,931

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Carlos Mencia Steals From Bill Cosby?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 10:24:28 PM »
the joke is fucking terrible but Mencia needs to get his shit straight before he loses his fame.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 10:53:08 PM »
Fuck Mencia

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 11:10:05 PM »
wow it's one thing to steal from little unknowns and try to get away with it, but to steal from a legend, that's a whole new level of bitch shit.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 09:19:22 AM »
Maybe he actually believes it's okay to re-use "generic" jokes...That was pretty much his excuse in the respone video to Joe Rogan.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 01:00:56 PM »
I'm surprised it took this long for that famous bit to be pointed out.  Fucking Mencia blows, his set up to this joke was wack too. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 01:11:49 PM »
Fucking Mencia blows, his set up to this joke was wack too. 

Seriously...Seeing Cosby do it first really makes you realize how whack Mencia really is. "THAT BITCH NEVER PLAYED CATCH WITH YOUUUU!" STFU!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 01:58:19 PM »
the way mencia tells it , it has no passion, it has no meaning.....the way cosby does it , you're actually captivated and empathetic (in a hilarious way) to him

i'm not going to totally hate on Ned because sometimes he can be funny , but he definately doesn't deserve to be making all that money. i'd rather be seeing mind of Lopez if anything

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

rik

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 09:14:44 PM »
Fucking Mencia blows, his set up to this joke was wack too. 

Seriously...Seeing Cosby do it first really makes you realize how whack Mencia really is. "THAT BITCH NEVER PLAYED CATCH WITH YOUUUU!" STFU!

Yeah man, IMO dude has a wack ass delivery. The way he sets up and tells jokes sucks. That is one of the many reasons why I don't like him. I've always though dude was wack and fake. He was always corny to me.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 06:57:11 AM »
Yeah, Ned is weak..
No more word's for that wack foo.. :-\

everlast1986

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 07:48:06 PM »
This asshole stole from Sam Kinison too.

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^