Author Topic: Dogg Pound- Dogg Chit appreciation thread  (Read 1182 times)

MIAMI4LIFE

Re: Dogg Pound- Dogg Chit appreciation thread
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2007, 02:40:56 PM »
I'm feeling "Thiz Gangsta Chit Iz Ours" track right now, reminds me when I fist heard "Coastin" I wasn't digging it but it grew on me, same with this

NotoriousA.O.D.

• 'G'
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2007, 02:48:34 PM »
Yeah I copped my copy yesterday from Best Buy. I was plesantly suprised so far i'm feelin these traks the most. . .

Anybody Killa
I'll Bury Ya
Mo Murder
Rest In Peace!

tonyfett

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2007, 02:51:53 PM »
good day is incredible

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2007, 03:19:46 PM »
good day is sickadiddy indeed.

i really am not feeliin mo murder or thiz gangsta shit iz ourz that much at all, but i am not hating...just not my thing

Gangsta shit is ourz is actually funny to me, almost self parody.

STILL lovin: where u from, throw ya hood, good day,...

the one that i've been feelin that I didn't at first is "everybody". "Eagles don'y fly in packs/bout to break that tradition soopafly in the back" is so perfect cause daz dropped the beat to accent the vocals and it's so dope cause it cements the reunion of tha DP to hear Kurupt shout Soopa like that. dope shit

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2007, 03:49:52 PM »
OK, I have listened to each song at least once, and there is one huge difference between this and CIA & D &YGII, Kurupt actually sounds comfortable rapping on most of the tracks. He's finally flowing again, and has at least good lyrics throught the album. I'm still having a hard time believeing it.
The production isn't the best in the world, some of it's pretty dated but all in all this was so much better than I think anyone expected it too be.

Daz's rapping is average on most tracks as usual and alot of the tracks were similar,but they do sound good together, and any DPG fan is gonna appreciate this. As far as guests go, I liked Snoop on Vibe, but the other 2 tracks were just so so. The Game had a great verse, which suprised me & Lynch really did his thing. I thought Too Short's verse was garbo, "Saditiy" was way better, and I wasn't feelin RBX. The last track with Malone, Jayo, Bg & Dresta was sick, no one came off as good as Kurupt did, but they were all dope in there own way.

I'll give this a strong 3.5/5...only because alot of the tracks were the same shoot em up tracks, and alot of Daz's verses were interchanable, but this is still a great album.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2007, 03:53:42 PM »
blast on em made the album tight.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Al Bundy

« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2007, 03:54:42 PM »
i haven't really given this album the attention it deserves since I got red gone wild & return of the mac. that and I just got whut thee album in the mail  ;D

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2007, 05:29:38 PM »
as a DPG fan I am very satisfied with this album, I don't know much about this dude Ivan Johnson but he was involved alot in this album co-producing almost every track as well as doing work on Dillinger & Young Gotti 2, gotta give props to that cat

Tha Chemist

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Regulator
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2007, 07:08:20 PM »
best album of 07 so far, my favorite tracks:

Get Out Of My Way
I'll Bury Ya
Everybody
Anybody Killa (feat. The Game)
1 N 1 Out
Itz A Good Ass Day
Thiz Gangsta Chit Iz Ourz
Blast On 'Em (feat. Brotha Lynch Hung)
Blaze It Up (feat. G. Malone & Jayo Felony & BG Knocc Out & Dresta)
Bucc Em (feat. Snoop Dogg & RBX)
WEST UP

Okka

« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2007, 01:12:16 AM »
Blaze It Up is a nice posse cut. The beat was not what I was expecting but this turned out dope. Good to hear Jayo Felony back doing it.

Jayo gotta be my favorite MC but that was one of his worst verses ive heard in a long time

Yep, didn't like his verse at all...

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2007, 01:14:33 AM »
as a DPG fan I am very satisfied with this album, I don't know much about this dude Ivan Johnson but he was involved alot in this album co-producing almost every track as well as doing work on Dillinger & Young Gotti 2, gotta give props to that cat

no doubt fo sho, dude be doin somethin righrt

Okka

« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2007, 01:40:27 AM »
"Anybody Killa" & "I'll Bury Ya" are the dopest tracks on the album 8)

« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2007, 02:08:36 PM »
its actually grown on me a lot. the first spin i liked it but there were several tracks i wasn't feelin much. after listenin more a lot of them have grown on me and i like them a lot. it is a pretty consistent album although i still don't like a couple tracks(the game one and mo murder mainly)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2007, 11:46:32 PM »
bought the 14 track version from best buy.....REALIZED it was the 14 track version, drove TWO CITIES AWAY TO ANOTHER BEST BUY and bought the 17 track version.....but...i finally got it.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2007, 11:50:57 PM »
bought the 14 track version from best buy.....REALIZED it was the 14 track version, drove TWO CITIES AWAY TO ANOTHER BEST BUY and bought the 17 track version.....but...i finally got it.

-T

damn goin on a mission n shit

atleast u got it playa