Author Topic: Dogg Pound- Dogg Chit appreciation thread  (Read 1195 times)

d-nice

Re: Dogg Pound- Dogg Chit appreciation thread
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2007, 11:22:40 AM »
I hear you. But Kurupt was spittin on that song though. I just dig the album. It's good to hear some dope music from them again. I am definitely anticipating the Kurupt solo album on Doggystyle now.

kurupt does spit there indeed

you mean koch? i hope it comes out.

-T

Yeah on Doggystyle/Koch. He said in that dubcnn interview he has 3 tracks from Mel-Man.  :o

Kurupt and Fred Wreck always make dope music together. I think DPGC has got a nice thing going right now. Everyone is getting along and collabing to make dope music. They are like a west coast Wu-Tang. Self contained, no need for rappers or beats, everything is home grown if they want it to be.

yeah i realized while listening to dogg chit, if Kurupt wants to rap over a dre beat, he'll rap over a dre beat (ie: anybody killa) so it's all good, you know? they'll do what they do and there will be some dope shit.

-T

I am glad they are not waiting on Dre to collaborate. All of them have dope albums without Dre's beats so they can stand on this own. Kurupt can pick from Daz, Fred Wreck, Soopafly and a host of others so he is good. Same with Snoop now.

i still think snoop has as much access to dre as anyone, but he just has to touch bases with so many people there's too many reasons to not hook up with dre for more than 3 tracks per album.

-T

Because Dre takes so long. He even said it, he was listening to a beat mix Dre had and picked out Boss Life. Shit Dre and Snoop should be making some shit from scratch in the studio. New beat and everything. I would like to hear Snoop over more Fred Wreck beats personally. It was good to hear Snoop over Daz's beats again.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2007, 11:23:53 AM »
I hear you. But Kurupt was spittin on that song though. I just dig the album. It's good to hear some dope music from them again. I am definitely anticipating the Kurupt solo album on Doggystyle now.

-T

Yeah on Doggystyle/Koch. He said in that dubcnn interview he has 3 tracks from Mel-Man.  :o

Kurupt and Fred Wreck always make dope music together. I think DPGC has got a nice thing going right now. Everyone is getting along and collabing to make dope music. They are like a west coast Wu-Tang. Self contained, no need for rappers or beats, everything is home grown if they want it to be.

yeah i realized while listening to dogg chit, if Kurupt wants to rap over a dre beat, he'll rap over a dre beat (ie: anybody killa) so it's all good, you know? they'll do what they do and there will be some dope shit.

-T

I am glad they are not waiting on Dre to collaborate. All of them have dope albums without Dre's beats so they can stand on this own. Kurupt can pick from Daz, Fred Wreck, Soopafly and a host of others so he is good. Same with Snoop now.

i still think snoop has as much access to dre as anyone, but he just has to touch bases with so many people there's too many reasons to not hook up with dre for more than 3 tracks per album.

-T

Because Dre takes so long. He even said it, he was listening to a beat mix Dre had and picked out Boss Life. Shit Dre and Snoop should be making some shit from scratch in the studio. New beat and everything. I would like to hear Snoop over more Fred Wreck beats personally. It was good to hear Snoop over Daz's beats again.

is snoop on the chorus on bucc 'em?

cause yeah , he does sound good back with daz

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Al Bundy

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2007, 11:24:59 AM »
My favorite song out of listening to the album is Vibe With A Pimp

d-nice

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2007, 11:27:54 AM »

-T

-T

-T

is snoop on the chorus on bucc 'em?

cause yeah , he does sound good back with daz

-T

Yeah that is him. They made a good team on Tha Doggfather.

$Eg2$

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2007, 11:33:11 AM »
album is ok nothin great I think it was over hyped and over rated like everything dpg drops nowadays. I think Kurupt rhyming style is just horrible he needs to quit sayn muthufucka

d-nice

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2007, 11:36:50 AM »
It's a cool album for me, nothing like Dogg Food but I can enjoy the tracks on it.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2007, 12:42:27 PM »
album is ok nothin great I think it was over hyped and over rated like everything dpg drops nowadays. I think Kurupt rhyming style is just horrible he needs to quit sayn muthufucka

i don't mind muthafucka, cause he usually rhymes a word before muthafucka. i don't like how he rhymes nigga with nigga alot

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2007, 12:54:49 PM »
Where U From is dope as fuck. Lovin Kurupt's verse on this one. Real smooth beat.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2007, 12:56:24 PM »
Where U From is dope as fuck. Lovin Kurupt's verse on this one. Real smooth beat.

contender for best song on album. sounds so fresh. better than any song on timbo's new joint.

fuck genre labels, this song and all the g funk on this album is good music. daz should stop caring what anyone thinks and do what he's good at: g motherfuckin funk.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2007, 12:59:39 PM »
The album is growing alot on me. Especially the beats on here. Throw Your Hood Up has got a nice beat too.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2007, 01:03:42 PM »
The album is growing alot on me. Especially the beats on here. Throw Your Hood Up has got a nice beat too.

throw your hood up is easily one of the best on the record. growing on me too..."it's begun!" I think I may buy this anyway despite how much I feel suckered by Daz in the last week.

damn, a few contenders for best song on the album

Blaze it up(most original style dogg pound track in years "and we'll be smokin with them see through papers" so dope)
Vibe
Good azz day
Where u from
anybody killa

all contenders^
-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2007, 01:05:08 PM »
I just have this album on random on my cd player. Bucc Em is dope as fuck too.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2007, 01:08:18 PM »

RBX is ridiculous "we is the niggaz that started death row"

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2007, 01:12:38 PM »

-T

Yeah he caught me off guard when he said that. I wish Rage could have been on this album. She would have murdered this beat.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2007, 01:31:22 PM »

-T

Yeah he caught me off guard when he said that. I wish Rage could have been on this album. She would have murdered this beat.

i want an album that is credited to 'DPGC' with

Tha Dogg Pound
Soopafly
Bad Azz
RBX
TLO Rage
Techniec
Slip Capone
C Style(both of 'em)
Half dead
Baby S
Crooked I
Tray Deee(somehow)
Butch cassidy
Danny Boy
Charlie Wilson, Blaqtoven
Bigg Pimpin' Delemond
Hershy loc(Mr Malik)
Roscoe
with production from
daz, fred wreck, battlecat, mel man

and ONE dr.dre posse cut, cause come on man, he set the whole dpg thing off, would be the shit.

it'd be insanely easy to make such an album. it would pretty much be a compilation, but i'd be down as shit

-T

westcoastavengers.com