Author Topic: Dogg Pound- Dogg Chit appreciation thread  (Read 1192 times)

daggo

• 'G'
Re: Dogg Pound- Dogg Chit appreciation thread
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2007, 07:25:55 AM »
nice album,
anyone? where can I cop it with the bonus traccz version, plz?
thx :D

d-nice

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2007, 09:43:30 AM »
nice album,
anyone? where can I cop it with the bonus traccz version, plz?
thx :D

Best Buy.

d-nice

« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2007, 09:54:36 AM »
Just finished a road trip to Arizona and bumped this, the new Paul Wall and Young Buck and I am loving this album. Bucc Em is my favorite cut right now. There are alot of stores out in Phoenix that do not have this album either.

seems like every1 lovin bucc em, but i thot there was at least 7-8 better tracks ???

I jump from track to track as to what I am bumping at the moment. Now it's Blaze It Up. Bucc Em has a cold ass beat to me.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2007, 10:04:12 AM »
Just finished a road trip to Arizona and bumped this, the new Paul Wall and Young Buck and I am loving this album. Bucc Em is my favorite cut right now. There are alot of stores out in Phoenix that do not have this album either.

seems like every1 lovin bucc em, but i thot there was at least 7-8 better tracks ???

I jump from track to track as to what I am bumping at the moment. Now it's Blaze It Up. Bucc Em has a cold ass beat to me.

Bucc Em is up there with those classic Death Row joints, sick ass beat and everybody rips it 8)

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2007, 02:24:06 PM »
i really like Get Out Of My Way, Vibe, Throw Ya Hood Up, and It'z A Good Azz Day. Classic tracks in my book. I haven't touched the bonus ones yet. I was happy to hear that good day track since I heard that shit on the radio and dug it a lot but didn't know the name.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2007, 03:41:00 PM »

i like alot of tracks better than bucc'em as well, but I think bucc'em is tight. woulda been dope if snoop had a verse.

good azz day, vibe, where u from, blaze it up-all classic shit. and there's a good 6-8 more solid tracks in addition to those on the record. i'ma buy this next time i see the full version

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

greko

• 'G'
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2007, 04:01:58 PM »
The more I listen Dogg Chit the more I like it. Right now favourite joints seem to be:
Where U From - Cool song, Bad Azz comes tight
It'z A Good Azz Day - The hook is soooo dope. Perfect song for the summer. 8)
Blaze It Up - Very nice song. Everyone is good but BG Knocc Out kills it. (To me the hook sounds similar to Sittin On 23z? Just the way Daz yells it.  ;D)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 11:32:46 PM by greko »

dclee

« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2007, 04:21:30 PM »
could someone send me the track Blaze It Up? i'm planning on going to best buy real soon to cop this, but i just wanna hear this track right now because i'm a big bg knocc out and dresta fan. thanks in advance.

Desert Lord

« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2007, 08:12:35 PM »
after first listen i would say :
Throw Ya Hood Up
Thiz Gangsta Shit
Dat Ain't My Baby (reminds me a little bit of the death-row 2Pac songs)
Can't Get Enough (with a cool too short rap)
Vibe
Anybody Killa
Everybody
Bucc Em

this tracks my favorites right now...

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2007, 10:31:15 PM »
Damn, Kurupt sounds great on this cd so far, I'm not feeling the 2 pussy tracks though >:(

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2007, 11:59:35 AM »
Damn, Kurupt sounds great on this cd so far, I'm not feeling the 2 pussy tracks though >:(

yeah they're no" Bomb Azz Puzzy" or "If We All Fuc", but Kurupt really brought the lyrics this time on most of the tracks

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2007, 12:01:10 PM »

yeah they're no" Bomb Azz Puzzy" or "If We All Fuc", but Kurupt really brought the lyrics this time on most of the tracks

or a child star like matt damon or keifer sutherland
LOL good shit, I love that line. he rips 'where u from'...was Matt damon a child star though? did he mean matt dillon?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »
This is a really good and solid album, nothing spectacular but everyone does their thing and it all works well.

Kurupt may still have some parts of the album where his lyrics are a little unimaginative (the first song springs to mind!), but overall he does well and at least he's flowing on beat throughout the whole thing, something that he hasn't always done recently.

The album is very much in the style of Dillinger and Young Gotti with the synth work and I think that style works really well with them and is definitely something they should continue with.

Overall I was very pleasantly suprised, much better than I had imagined it could be.

PS - props for the Ginsberg quote Tanjibility, I find some of his writing incredibly hard to decifer but it always seems to leave a lasting impression on me, so he must have been doing something right.

d-nice

« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2007, 12:40:06 PM »
This is a really good and solid album, nothing spectacular but everyone does their thing and it all works well.

Kurupt may still have some parts of the album where his lyrics are a little unimaginative (the first song springs to mind!), but overall he does well and at least he's flowing on beat throughout the whole thing, something that he hasn't always done recently.

The album is very much in the style of Dillinger and Young Gotti with the synth work and I think that style works really well with them and is definitely something they should continue with.

Overall I was very pleasantly suprised, much better than I had imagined it could be.

PS - props for the Ginsberg quote Tanjibility, I find some of his writing incredibly hard to decifer but it always seems to leave a lasting impression on me, so he must have been doing something right.

That sums it up for me.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2007, 12:43:58 PM »

I agree for the most part but

a)I feel the sound is quite different from DYG, but they're both pretty dope.

b)while I can take some of the synth, I appreciate it way more when daz uses real instruments (a la 'on tha grind' from R.A.W.)

c)Thanks, his first two books, short collections of poetry Howl and Kaddish are pretty accessible and some of my favorite Beat literature. His poem "Is About" isn't in either of those, but also a really accessible relatively straightforward poem. He is one of my favorites.

Props on the Hunter Thompson signature. the way you described how you feel about Ginsberg is how I feel about him. he was really influenced by ginsberg and the other beats.

-T

westcoastavengers.com