Author Topic: That new Prodigy - Return of the mack  (Read 1080 times)

herpes

That new Prodigy - Return of the mack
« on: March 29, 2007, 08:15:06 PM »
surprised the hell out of me..... wow i never thought I would say it again, but pee put out some dope music.  Alchemist came dope as usual.  But Pee surprised the hell out of me.  Hes not even back to the HNIC pee where there were some signs of the impending fall off, but this is the dopest he has been in years.  He almost sounds alive again.  He is actually rhyming again.  Plus the album has the old new york feel to it.  Solid 4 outta 5 and this is coming from someone that lost all faith in Pee

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: That new Prodigy - Return of the mack
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 08:16:01 PM »
ALCHEMIST IS MY FAVORITE SAMPLE-DRIVEN PRODUCER

WC Iz Active

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 08:17:16 PM »
LOL, typical that you would like this average album LOL

d-nice

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 08:19:47 PM »
Not bad at all. Al and P make a good duo, almost as good as P and Havoc.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 08:20:22 PM »

Yes I agree they do make a good combo but this album didnt impress me much at all.

d-nice

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 08:23:08 PM »
The beats carry this album. But I put Prodigy in the same place as Kurupt. He had so much dope material back in the 90's and then he just fell off. So bad that even when he puts out good material it is still compared to his old stuff. Mobb Deep and DPG's careers are so similar to me.

herpes

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 08:41:10 PM »

Yes I agree they do make a good combo but this album didnt impress me much at all.

and your opinion holds no weight lol

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 08:47:36 PM »

Seriously dude, your turning into the worst kind of hater. The album, for mixtape standards was banging! Alchemist bass isn't always great, and P's lyrics aren't Infamous/Hell On Earth level, but definitley better than anything the've done since Murda Muzik. Songs were right to point, nice & short, and the samples were flawless. Not the best album of the year, but not really an "album".

Return of the Mac=Mixtape of the Year!!!

Efrain

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 04:15:20 PM »

Seriously dude, your turning into the worst kind of hater. The album, for mixtape standards was banging! Alchemist bass isn't always great, and P's lyrics aren't Infamous/Hell On Earth level, but definitley better than anything the've done since Murda Muzik. Songs were right to point, nice & short, and the samples were flawless. Not the best album of the year, but not really an "album".

Agreed. But I would put the Murda Mix Cd as the best thing since Murda Muzik, then this in a close second behind it. It is indeed hands down the best pre warm-up type of mixtape/album that's come out in a long time. The vast majority of people who've listened like it and I bet the sales will reflect that.

The people that hate on it all do for the reasons you mentioned… because Prodigy isn’t writing top five lyricist caliber hip-hop quotable lines in the first 4 bars. Well…he hasn’t been doing that since 99' it’s been almost a decade and it’s probably time we got used to it. Although I can understand the frustration people have, I mean the guy is certainly capable of writing good material we hear it from time to time. So when he’s sleeping on the mic it’s definitely aggravating. But hey, at least he isn't sleep-rapping about all his g-unit fame and money, singing ridiculous melody hooks and parading himself as V.I.Pee!!

Overall it’s a quality product.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 05:02:34 PM »
P is still a shadow of his former self, its Alchemist that shines on this one.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 10:00:51 PM »

Agreed. But I would put the Murda Mix Cd as the best thing since Murda Muzik, then this in a close second behind it. It is indeed hands down the best pre warm-up type of mixtape/album that's come out in a long time. The vast majority of people who've listened like it and I bet the sales will reflect that.

The people that hate on it all do for the reasons you mentioned… because Prodigy isn’t writing top five lyricist caliber hip-hop quotable lines in the first 4 bars. Well…he hasn’t been doing that since 99' it’s been almost a decade and it’s probably time we got used to it. Although I can understand the frustration people have, I mean the guy is certainly capable of writing good material we hear it from time to time. So when he’s sleeping on the mic it’s definitely aggravating. But hey, at least he isn't sleep-rapping about all his g-unit fame and money, singing ridiculous melody hooks and parading himself as V.I.Pee!!

Overall it’s a quality product.

Well said, alot of people think rap is supposed to still be the same way as they were 10 years ago. He's an older, richer guy and all that hunger displayed on the Infamous & Hell on Earth will never be back.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 11:31:45 AM »
This is the best P has sounded in a minute, he's very similar to Kurupt in that they both are not what they once were but are still capable of putting out dope music

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 02:55:43 PM »
I think I'ma have to check this. Anybody gots a link? :-\

Al Bundy

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 02:57:42 PM »
I think I'ma have to check this. Anybody gots a link? :-\

www.bestbuy.com

QuietTruth