Author Topic: Usenet newsgroups...  (Read 68 times)

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
Usenet newsgroups...
« on: March 30, 2007, 01:44:59 AM »
does anyone on this forum use them? if so can someone give me some pointers on how to get started? i hear its the best way to get the newest TV/Music/Movie releases. i've investigated a little, and it seems the only real way to benefit is to pay a monthly fee to access the best files/download speeds. any help would be appreciated!!  8)

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

Al Bundy

Re: Usenet newsgroups...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 01:44:50 PM »
you have to either pay your ISP or a company who sells accounts. newsgroups are the shit because everything is hosted off of your ISP so shit will download as fast as your connection allows. Perfect example was when Halo 2 leaked a month before release date on newsgroups and I got the game off of my newsgroups in 2/3 hours compared to 2 nights on a slow ass torrent.

I'm going to get a newsgroups account again so I can find some cool newsgroups with vinyl rips :)

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 02:46:03 PM »
for a provider try

newshosting.com -been with them now for almost 2 years, great service and up time. 99% Completion and 70 Day Retention period. Their unlimited service is what I got for 14.95 a month. They raised it though to 19.95 so that's what you'll be paying if you signup now.
usenetserver.com -they're almost the same as above but 14.95 still for a 1 month subscription and 101 day retention

the program I use is newsleecher (newsleecher.com) which is about the only program I have on my pc that I actually paid for :D Worth the $15 or whatever it was.
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 04:38:33 PM »
right on, thanks fellas

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!