Author Topic: Zanu-PF Back Mugabe to run for another term  (Read 189 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Zanu-PF Back Mugabe to run for another term
« on: March 30, 2007, 12:55:30 PM »
Mugabe party backs election bid
Zimbabwe's ruling Zanu-PF party has endorsed President Robert Mugabe as its candidate for the 2008 election.
Mr Mugabe, 83, has been in power since independence in 1980.

There had been reports that one faction in the party had wanted Mr Mugabe to stand down to end a political and economic crisis.

But Zanu-PF's central committee backed his decision to run for a fresh term in office, a party spokesman said at the meeting in Harare.

"The candidate for the party in 2008 will be the president himself. He was endorsed by the central committee," Nathan Shamuyarira told reporters.

Parliamentary and presidential elections will be held in 2008, he added.

Leaders' support

Earlier, Mr Mugabe urged Zanu-PF members to stay united in the face of international and domestic opposition to his rule.

He branded the opposition Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) as "violent", and said: "We can never entertain... a party that is walking the road of terrorism. We will not allow that in Zimbabwe."

Mr Mugabe attended the Zanu-PF meeting one day after meeting fellow southern African leaders to discuss the situation in Zimbabwe at a summit in Tanzania.

Zimbabwe's economy is in meltdown, with inflation of 1,700% and widespread poverty and unemployment.

The leaders agreed that South African President Thabo Mbeki should try to promote political dialogue inside Zimbabwe.

And they expressed solidarity with Mr Mugabe, urging Western countries to lift sanctions.

They also called on the UK, the former colonial power in Zimbabwe, to pay for land reform.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/africa/6512223.stm

Published: 2007/03/30 18:53:40 GMT

© BBC MMVII

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

EARNERTON!

• 'G'
Re: Zanu-PF Back Mugabe to run for another term
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 10:14:59 AM »
Mugabe is a buffoon yeah, but the only reason the western media give a fuck about Zimbabwe an that dictator is because he dashed out them farmers time ago, how long ago was that, theirs so many dickhead dictators in Africa, why does the media have such a hard on for Mugabe, its because he turfed out them white farmers, thats why, you see what I'm saying, thats some off key racism right there, they don't give a shit about the Zimbawean people, true stories, you see what I'm saying fam, just some colionial bizness, what about that dickhead goverment in Sudan, oh I forgot, USA, China an France have 'oil' contracts wit them, you see what I'm saying cuz,  Mugabe was a freedom fighter at first, he arms up Ian Smith an that colonial goverment, big him up for that, but I do not support Mugabe at all, he's a dickhead dictaor, an fuck the opposition leader too, he's just a next western puppet, I'm for any leader thats for the people first, theirs know real difference in the way so called 'third world' countrys are run an the US an the UK is run, just look at that whole 'cash for goverment policies' bizness in the UK, USA, same thing since the 30s, the only difference is so called 'third world country's' do there dirt out in the open, they don't hide or pretend or try to style it out, you see what I'm saying fam