Author Topic: 213"s "Dolla Dolla Bill"  (Read 375 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
213"s "Dolla Dolla Bill"
« on: March 30, 2007, 10:15:06 PM »
would The Hardway LP be considered Classic or GREAT album is this song was included? until this day i am still not tired of listening to it, it has that nice groove to it,

DonCorleone187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 213"s "Dolla Dolla Bill"
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 10:19:32 PM »
the butch or non butch version?

Al Bundy

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 10:21:25 PM »
i got one in CDQ with no butch but it's clean :(

stephen619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Pound, We Roll Thick Like One-Time
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 12:15:46 AM »
Can someone hook it up?

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 12:22:46 AM »
You can listen to the CDQ at:

http://www.myspace.com/soundscannerz

Josef and Quaze produced it. Oh and when we getting that interview. :P

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 12:32:25 AM »
This was a great track, and would have given The Hard Way more replay value. How could a track like this not make an album like that ???

Okka

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 04:00:51 AM »
"Dolla Dolla Bill" is fuckin dope, one of the best 213 tracks (should've been on the album)

JohnnyL

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 05:47:33 AM »
...shoulda been on the album, but I don't think that track alone is enough to save the album from mediocrity.

XaNdEr

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 05:53:24 AM »
fuck the hate, the hard way was a cool albu,, been bumpin it every summer since it came out, it has really a cool summervibe surrounding it  8) 8)

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 06:02:59 AM »
i'll be straight up...this album was classic already, with or without dolla dolla bill. it is a dope ass song though  ;D

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

JohnnyL

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 07:50:32 AM »
fuck the hate, the hard way was a cool albu,, been bumpin it every summer since it came out, it has really a cool summervibe surrounding it  8) 8)

Well, I'll give you this, it has the track "Absolutely" on there.  Which is not just my favorite song on the album but probably one of my favorite Snoop songs to come out in years.  Overall though, I just thought there weren't too many tracks that really stood out.  "Dolla Dolla Bill" would've been one of them, if they had put it on there.  I remember reading in an interview with Snoop that he thinks the next 213 album should have more commercial support from big time producers.  I think just the opposite.  I think all the production should be handled in-house with Warren G or maybe Daz or Soopafly handling the beats.  Just look at how much better "Dogg Chit" is over "Cali Iz Active."  They just need to keep it simple.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 07:53:52 AM by JohnnyL »

XaNdEr

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 09:17:05 AM »
ok lets break it down

Well, I'll give you this, it has the track "Absolutely" on there.  Which is not just my favorite song on the album but probably one of my favorite Snoop songs to come out in years. Overall though, I just thought there weren't too many tracks that really stood out. "Dolla Dolla Bill" would've been one of them, if they had put it on there.

That is exactly what a good album/classic needs to have. No standout tracks, cuz they make the other tracks sound as "less quality". The album needs to be complete as a whole. Not just 4 super tracks and the rest good, they all need to be of the same quality to get a consistent album.

I remember reading in an interview with Snoop that he thinks the next 213 album should have more commercial support from big time producers.  I think just the opposite.  I think all the production should be handled in-house with Warren G or maybe Daz or Soopafly handling the beats.

Then what? You will hear yet another DPG record, for DPG-fans like you, and me too to a certain extent, thats good, but i can see where Snoop's going with that statement. He wants to explore different directions. And imo, it would be very dope to hear the 213 over a Scott Storch beat, or a Just Blaze beat, or maybe a Neptunes beat. It would be interesting to hear if it would be any good. And Snoop has proven that he isnt the type of rapper to stick to the same old formula's, hes always on the move with his records. Thats why in his catalogue you find so many different styles.

Just look at how much better "Dogg Chit" is over "Cali Iz Active."  They just need to keep it simple.

That is your opinion, i havent listened to Dogg Chit yet (got it today, no bonustracks for us Europeans) but i dont think Cali Iz Active is a bad record, i still see it as one of the most consistent and, quality-wise, best releases of 2006. I can listen to the whole album without skipping, its a much better album then many on here make you believe, but to each his own. But dont take your opinion for truth, leave some space for others as well.

Thats it, ima go listen to Dogg Chit now, ill drop my thoughts on it and compare both albums then.  :)

greko

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 09:42:24 AM »

Real talk. I also find myself bumpin the Hard Way when summer comes closer.  ;D

JohnnyL

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 02:52:46 PM »
ok lets break it down

Well, I'll give you this, it has the track "Absolutely" on there.  Which is not just my favorite song on the album but probably one of my favorite Snoop songs to come out in years. Overall though, I just thought there weren't too many tracks that really stood out. "Dolla Dolla Bill" would've been one of them, if they had put it on there.

That is exactly what a good album/classic needs to have. No standout tracks, cuz they make the other tracks sound as "less quality". The album needs to be complete as a whole. Not just 4 super tracks and the rest good, they all need to be of the same quality to get a consistent album.

I remember reading in an interview with Snoop that he thinks the next 213 album should have more commercial support from big time producers.  I think just the opposite.  I think all the production should be handled in-house with Warren G or maybe Daz or Soopafly handling the beats.

Then what? You will hear yet another DPG record, for DPG-fans like you, and me too to a certain extent, thats good, but i can see where Snoop's going with that statement. He wants to explore different directions. And imo, it would be very dope to hear the 213 over a Scott Storch beat, or a Just Blaze beat, or maybe a Neptunes beat. It would be interesting to hear if it would be any good. And Snoop has proven that he isnt the type of rapper to stick to the same old formula's, hes always on the move with his records. Thats why in his catalogue you find so many different styles.

Just look at how much better "Dogg Chit" is over "Cali Iz Active."  They just need to keep it simple.

That is your opinion, i havent listened to Dogg Chit yet (got it today, no bonustracks for us Europeans) but i dont think Cali Iz Active is a bad record, i still see it as one of the most consistent and, quality-wise, best releases of 2006. I can listen to the whole album without skipping, its a much better album then many on here make you believe, but to each his own. But dont take your opinion for truth, leave some space for others as well.

Thats it, ima go listen to Dogg Chit now, ill drop my thoughts on it and compare both albums then.  :)

I understand your points and I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but maybe not everything.  When I said that there weren't too many stand out tracks on 213, what I meant was there were not too many songs that, to me, are memorable.  Now, I agree with you that there shouldn't just be four good songs on an album and the rest are just average.  I think there should always be cohesiveness to an album.  One song should smoothly tranistion into the next.  But there's no reason that all 19 songs can't be stand out tracks.  And if to you most or all of them are, that's fine.  That just happens to be where we disagree.

And of course, I don't take my opinion to be the final word on what's good and bad.  I don't expect anyone to subscribe to my opinion.  As for my opinion on what would make a good 213 album next time around, those are just some ideas.  Of course, no one including myself would know for sure without hearing the final product.  I'll give Snoop his due credit.  One of the things I like most about his music is he tries to make all of his albums sound different.  I think that's pretty admirable.  But in looking at the liner notes to "The Hard Way,"  I think I noticed thirteen different producers for 19 songs.  I mean, for cryin' out loud, Warren's in the group and he didn't even get to produce one song.  No one sets out to make a bad album or even a mediocre, album.  I think the number of producers (many of which who are good at what they do) is a testament to what they were trying to do.  I just don't think that in this instance, it worked.  But believe me, I'm not trying to hate.  I like most of the music that Snoop, Warren, and Nate put out. And I think they still have it in them to put out a classic album.  But for me, this one just wasn't it.

I'm interested in hearing what you think of "Dogg Chit," when you finish listening. ( You should try to listen to the bonus cuts too though, as they're all pretty good )  I don't think "Cali Iz Active" is a bad album at all.  I actually think it's a pretty good album. But I think it's a less severe example of overthinking the formula.  Just my thoughts.

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007, 09:41:40 AM »
any1 up it?