Author Topic: It been 25 years - A time to remember  (Read 253 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
It been 25 years - A time to remember
« on: April 02, 2007, 05:23:17 AM »
Its a time to remember those who died defending the Falklands, Britain stood strong against the Argentinian agressor to save an island and a very distinct community which deserved our protection.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: It been 25 years - A time to remember
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 08:47:03 AM »
what a selfless deed that was.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 09:48:47 AM »

Nothing to do with the looming elections of margaret thatcher and the dictator of argentina in real problem and in danger of feeling the full effects of a coup then.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 11:53:36 AM »

Nothing to do with the looming elections of margaret thatcher and the dictator of argentina in real problem and in danger of feeling the full effects of a coup then.
economic recovery was already under the way as a result of tory policies which most likely had seen them through the next election even without the war, but there is no doubt it did boost the popularity of the government. it was a decisive part of our modern history, I believe maggie thatcher acted absolutely correctly and showed the world britain is not a soft touch, which was very important during the cold war and is still benificial today.

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 12:12:38 PM »

I was also referring to the military junta in argentina which was deeply unpopular and so they launched this fake war to bolster popularity also. However the argentinians never threatened the people of the falklands and in fact before the war got underway, the island was administered by argentina in terms of funding and provision of medical supplies. What I am saying is that this was a war that benefited both governments, the aftermath of the war though did lead to the collapse of the regime in argentina so it was a short lived popularity boost. Plus this was not a war in which the argentinians were threatening the people of the island it was simply grand standing, the islands represents a symbolic meaning more than anything else. Therefore to hype this as the british fighting for the freedom of the people there and to link these people as englanders simply is not true.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 12:40:55 PM »
no one could garrantee what the argentinians would do with these people, the islanders wanted to stay british where they are free to run their own affairs, as do those in gibralta and as the inhabitants their wishes should be respected.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 12:43:05 PM by Don Rizzle »

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 12:34:01 PM »

economic recovery was already under the way as a result of tory policies which most likely had seen them through the next election even without the war, but there is no doubt it did boost the popularity of the government. it was a decisive part of our modern history, I believe maggie thatcher acted absolutely correctly and showed the world britain is not a soft touch, which was very important during the cold war and is still benificial today.

+1 for this topic honey, i know people who were (and still are affected by this), it was not a light action by any party and i wish we had a prime minister with bollocks today

lol no pun intended but maggie would not have been pushed into anything by anyone, shw oriignally fought against the eu...which is turning out to be more and more of a problem

(not just to the uk but it has caused problems to the people of other nations ie italy, spain etc etc, whereby forced price rises in stable produce - bread, milk, cheese, water, not mention gas electricity etc)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 03:02:45 PM »
i'm glad you appreciate me sweetheart

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 04:37:30 PM »
LOL

If we had "A Time To Remember" thread for every group of people the British have fucked, TOT might as well be changed to the History of Britain.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 12:07:17 AM »
LOL

If we had "A Time To Remember" thread for every group of people the British have fucked, TOT might as well be changed to the History of Britain.
so exactly which group of people did we fuck in the falklands?