Author Topic: That new Prodigy - Return of the mack  (Read 1068 times)

Al Bundy

Re: That new Prodigy - Return of the mack
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 04:01:46 PM »
you basically heard the real good tracks from that pre mac mixtape. and i don't get why the fuck there is a pre mixtape for the official mixtape which is for the album

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2007, 04:13:34 PM »
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Al Bundy

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2007, 04:14:13 PM »

Efrain

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 08:27:12 PM »
I think I'ma have to check this. Anybody gots a link? :-\

It's 9.99 at best buy dude. Even if you're broke you can afford a 10-dollar album. You have to reward good behavior or else everyone looses. I can understand not buying albums you don’t like, but when what you heard of an album makes you want to hear more the artist has done their part, now it's time for you to do yours. We can't bitch about the decline of hip-hop if we download the albums we actually like without buying them.

The only reason Prodigy took this album in the direction he did is because Blood Money didn’t sell dick. If this album does better that sends a BIG positive message. Conversely, if it does just as bad or worse as blood money... well you get the idea.   

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 08:44:29 PM »

It's 9.99 at best buy dude. Even if you're broke you can afford a 10-dollar album. You have to reward good behavior or else everyone looses. I can understand not buying albums you don’t like, but when what you heard of an album makes you want to hear more the artist has done their part, now it's time for you to do yours. We can't bitch about the decline of hip-hop if we download the albums we actually like without buying them.

The only reason Prodigy took this album in the direction he did is because Blood Money didn’t sell dick. If this album does better that sends a BIG positive message. Conversely, if it does just as bad or worse as blood money... well you get the idea.   

I definitley think that Blood Money selling nothing was a big reason for Prod stepping it up, but he's also probably heard quite a bit of shit from the critcis and fans alike about his lazy delievery and made the change.

Al Bundy

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 09:32:54 PM »

I definitley think that Blood Money selling nothing was a big reason for Prod stepping it up, but he's also probably heard quite a bit of shit from the critcis and fans alike about his lazy delievery and made the change.

I think both were taken into consideration. But this "mixtape" > Blood Money.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 09:35:07 PM »

Yeah, ROTM was waaaaay better. I hope HNIC 2 is this good. 8)

Al Bundy

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 09:36:17 PM »

Yeah, ROTM was waaaaay better. I hope HNIC 2 is this good. 8)

For real. I got HNIC awhile back but I was bumping the living shit out of it. Loved it.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 09:40:59 PM »
The Mobb's gotta realize that there time for having gold and platinum records might be over with now, and the onky way to stay in the game and at least keep your respect, is too try o return to something close to the older days.

There's nothing wrong with trying new sounds either, but when you have an album like Blood Money that alienates his core audience for a few new fans, getting the old ones back aren't easy to do. I've accepted the fact that the Prodigy of Infamous and Hell on Earth will probably never be back, but I'm open to him improving his game still.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2007, 09:41:26 PM »
Alchemist really brought some dope shit here.  A lot of these beats shit on a lot of the beats that he used on 1st Infantry.  The way he flipped the samples were damn near perfect in some instances.  So Pee really benefited from that.  He's bascially the same rapper he's been for the last 5 years, but with Al's beats it really helps.

I really liked and supported this shit because its one rapper / one producer, they did some dope videos and released them on YouTube.  They didn't follow the gay ass generic formula that all the mainstream albums follow these days.  This is shit that is def worth supporting.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2007, 09:43:02 PM »
Alchemist really brought some dope shit here.  A lot of these beats shit on a lot of the beats that he used on 1st Infantry.  The way he flipped the samples were damn near perfect in some instances.  So Pee really benefited from that.  He's bascially the same rapper he's been for the last 5 years, but with Al's beats it really helps.

I really liked and supported this shit because its one rapper / one producer, they did some dope videos and released them on YouTube.  They didn't follow the gay ass generic formula that all the mainstream albums follow these days.  This is shit that is def worth supporting.

You don't feel like he has stepped his game up at all since the last 1-2 years?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2007, 10:02:28 PM »

You don't feel like he has stepped his game up at all since the last 1-2 years?

Hmm, honestly I can't really speak on that.  I listened to Blood Money like once but just the notion of that album made it unlistenable to me.  He went from an ELITE MC to a terrible rapper almost overnight.  So even if he's bounced back from being a terrible rapper, it's still a very far cry from where he used to be. 

I've always liked Pee even if he's not the lyricist he used to be.  He can still convey some sinister shit and you get the feeling dude is hella depressed when he's writing some of these songs.  But please believe without Al's beats on here, Pee doesn't come off nearly as nice.