Author Topic: Butch Cassidy & Damizza Album  (Read 2655 times)

Toshdawg

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • If u man ain't fuckin you rite!, i got what u need
Re: Butch Cassidy & Damizza Album
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 09:56:34 AM »
so anybody cop this shit already?, i dont hear no comments about it!, its a shame that still the same tracklist... damnnn, no new shit tho!

Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 01:07:43 PM »
wow. that is wack if the songs indeed on there are 2/3 yrs old
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 01:53:45 PM »
Well it says online that Best Buy and FYE have it so I am going to check there and see if they have any copies.

Lunatic

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2007, 01:55:58 PM »
Well it says online that Best Buy and FYE have it so I am going to check there and see if they have any copies.

true that homie

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 04:27:28 PM »
anyone have a place where i can listen to a sampler or snippets?

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

wc-reppin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2007, 07:51:35 PM »
I picked this up at best buy and shit is smooth. Everyone needs to get out there and buy this cd and show support!!! Everyone bitches that no one from the west blowing up and why dont people drop cds. Well the way to get all that to happen is support the artist!!! Damiza and Butch are some real ass mf's so support them and dope music!!!

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 08:20:58 PM »
I picked this up at best buy and shit is smooth. Everyone needs to get out there and buy this cd and show support!!! Everyone bitches that no one from the west blowing up and why dont people drop cds. Well the way to get all that to happen is support the artist!!! Damiza and Butch are some real ass mf's so support them and dope music!!!

is it the 12 track version?

wc-reppin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2007, 09:19:22 PM »
ya...its got 12 tracks

Diggfinger

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 02:44:11 AM »
Was wondering about this...might pick it up sometime

(at the moment Im occupied letting my nerd-genez roam freely over the wonderful world of Final Fantasy 12 though 8))

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2007, 03:06:03 AM »
Was wondering about this...might pick it up sometime

(at the moment Im occupied letting my nerd-genez roam freely over the wonderful world of Final Fantasy 12 though 8))

i'm going to steal your bootsy collins glasses. i'm sorry diggfinger. it's gonna happen  ;D

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

hopeye

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2007, 10:59:40 AM »
 8)

THE CD IS SOLID GOT IT AT BESTBUY AND I WAS NOT DISSAPOINTED< ALREADY HAD SOME OF THESE TRACKS BUT NOTHING LIKE HAVEING MIXED MASTERD VERSIONS OF THE ALBUM CUTS AND GOTTA SUPPORT THE WEST!!

HERE IS THE REVIEW THAT MADE ME WANT TO GO BUY IT FROM THUGLIFEARMY.COM !!!

http://thuglifearmy.com/news/?id=3519 (source)

The album ‘Back B4 You’re Lonely’, in stores April 3rd, from hip hop duo Butch Cassidy & Damizza is sure to shake up the hip hop world. This album proves hip hop is not dead. If you think hip hop is dead: you're just ‘depending’ on the majors to provide it, and your not looking in the right places.

This unique mix of hip hop talent makes this album a stand out and one everyone should take a close look at.

These two hip hop notables have combined to produce an incredible collaboration that has something for everyone.

West Coast hip hop vocalist and rap artist Butch Cassidy, who has worked with reliable hip hop talents such as Snoop Dogg and Xzibit, adds his distinctive vocal sound to this album. Damizza and Butch Cassidy have hit the mark on this album and it is sure to be noticed by the hip hop community.

These two hip hop notables, Butch Cassidy and Damizza, really proved with this album that two different styles can create something special. There weren't any tracks that made me want to skip past, and as Damizza said, "Butch brings degrees with every hook he breeds; I can't wait for him to sing". That says it all when it comes to Butch Cassidy. I'd love to hear a new solo Butch album; he seems to be able to take over anything he touches. If you remember he had the chorus on Snoop Doggs single "lay low", so it's good to see Butch is back at it again with a very solid album. If you want to hear a singer/rapper that has no comparisons, than this album will open you up to the world of Butch Cassidy.

Butch Cassidy & Damizza - "Back B4 You’re Lonely"

8.5/10

1) Get your party on

The track starts off with a nice futuristic sound. Damizza does a good job of introducing his style on this track, and Butch Cassidy can't be mistaken for any other artist as he harmonizes his verse. His chorus's always get stuck in your head and this one will surely be one of them. I like how the beat progressed from the intro into the chorus and turned out to be a solid club record.

2) Cruzin'

This was a breath of fresh air. It's a great mixture of old school soul music, and of course Butch and Damizza bring there west coast flavor to it. Even on a rainy day, you can't help but picture yourself under the sun, just cruzin' down the street. The beat had a mix of old piano notes, along with a couple perks that bring that west coast ‘zapp’ sound.

3) In 2's

First thing that caught my ear was the funky bass line. Damizza showcases his skills on this track; he does a great job of keeping on tempo, as the beat is very upbeat. The beat kind of reminded me the bayou in the south; it had a little rock and a little country sound. Butch does the hook, and it's another one you'll end up singing along with.

4) Talk 2 me

A real smooth and relaxing track right here, this has got to be one of my favorites on the entire album. Butch is real calm and collected as he hypnotizes you with his vocals, accompanied by a nice female singer. Butch is a real old school type of artist; he can bring melodies out that take you right back to the early days of funk and soul. I guarantee you'll be a Butch Cassidy fan after kickin back to this one.  This is what music has been missing, a artist bringing out the music from there heart, you can tell that Butch really enjoyed this track.

5) Gangsta Lean

With Jayo Felony onboard, you know he's gonna bring a little gangsta twist to the table. At the 1:53 mark, Jayo really takes over on his verse. A San Diego hip hop rap veteran, Jayo brought some added energy and emotion to this track. Butch's background vocals blend in so well with the beat that you almost forget he's there, that’s how talented he is.

6) Back before your lonely

This was a ok track for me, Butch's verse and chorus was the only part I really enjoyed. I think the beat was a little off, but it wasn't un-listenable. It just wasn't as good compared to the prior tracks so far.

7) Top Billin

A simple bass and guitar rift made for a nice upbeat track to bounce your head to. I felt the beat was missing a few components, but like I said before, with Butch singing along you really forget about any faults the beat might have. Damizza carries himself really well and his lyrics really stand out on this beat, and i'll quote him "with every hook he breeds, I can't wait for him to sing". Butch makes is so easy to listen, that most the tracks so far have a very high replay value for me.

8) Once lovers

Butch can really carry a track on his own, a real nice story teller as well. If you pay attention you'll enjoy listening to what this track is about.

9) A view from the top

This is a real strong track, every artist brings a lot of emotion and truth to there verse. It's good to see couple new west rappers really shine like this. Bishop and Roccet both explain there record label situations, and why there at where there at. If they keep putting out music like this, it won't matter what label there on, everyone will have to respect them. Vanessa Marquez does a nice job on the hook, I would have like Butch on it, but it didn't take away from the importance of the track.

10) Straight Playa

As the title says, it's a track for the players; a smooth pimpish beat, with lyrics to match. And when you have someone as smooth as Butch Cassidy on the hook you can't get much more playerish than that.

11) Click, Clack

This was the only real street track on here, other than the Jayo Felony one. It shows that not every album needs gangsta lyrics or beats to have a impact. I liked the variety on the album, and having a couple street tracks like this worked out really well. The piano and base make a gritty backdrop for Taje and Noni Spitz to showcase there talent.

12) Trajic end

They picked a great track to end the album; it has the perfect sound to close with. Damizza and Butch have a good connection when collaborating, and this was one of the tracks that show that best. The piano really helps close out the album, and Butch on the hook can't be beat.

Butch Cassidy & Damizza have combined forces for their collaborative debut album, ‘Back B4 You’re Lonely’ in stores April 3rd on Damizza’s Baby Ree Reecordingz. BE SURE TO GET THIS ONE!!

Blu Lacez

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2007, 05:41:34 PM »
8)

THE CD IS SOLID GOT IT AT BESTBUY AND I WAS NOT DISSAPOINTED< ALREADY HAD SOME OF THESE TRACKS BUT NOTHING LIKE HAVEING MIXED MASTERD VERSIONS OF THE ALBUM CUTS AND GOTTA SUPPORT THE WEST!!

HERE IS THE REVIEW THAT MADE ME WANT TO GO BUY IT FROM THUGLIFEARMY.COM !!!

http://thuglifearmy.com/news/?id=3519 (source)

The album ‘Back B4 You’re Lonely’, in stores April 3rd, from hip hop duo Butch Cassidy & Damizza is sure to shake up the hip hop world. This album proves hip hop is not dead. If you think hip hop is dead: you're just ‘depending’ on the majors to provide it, and your not looking in the right places.

This unique mix of hip hop talent makes this album a stand out and one everyone should take a close look at.

These two hip hop notables have combined to produce an incredible collaboration that has something for everyone.

West Coast hip hop vocalist and rap artist Butch Cassidy, who has worked with reliable hip hop talents such as Snoop Dogg and Xzibit, adds his distinctive vocal sound to this album. Damizza and Butch Cassidy have hit the mark on this album and it is sure to be noticed by the hip hop community.

These two hip hop notables, Butch Cassidy and Damizza, really proved with this album that two different styles can create something special. There weren't any tracks that made me want to skip past, and as Damizza said, "Butch brings degrees with every hook he breeds; I can't wait for him to sing". That says it all when it comes to Butch Cassidy. I'd love to hear a new solo Butch album; he seems to be able to take over anything he touches. If you remember he had the chorus on Snoop Doggs single "lay low", so it's good to see Butch is back at it again with a very solid album. If you want to hear a singer/rapper that has no comparisons, than this album will open you up to the world of Butch Cassidy.

Butch Cassidy & Damizza - "Back B4 You’re Lonely"

8.5/10

1) Get your party on

The track starts off with a nice futuristic sound. Damizza does a good job of introducing his style on this track, and Butch Cassidy can't be mistaken for any other artist as he harmonizes his verse. His chorus's always get stuck in your head and this one will surely be one of them. I like how the beat progressed from the intro into the chorus and turned out to be a solid club record.

2) Cruzin'

This was a breath of fresh air. It's a great mixture of old school soul music, and of course Butch and Damizza bring there west coast flavor to it. Even on a rainy day, you can't help but picture yourself under the sun, just cruzin' down the street. The beat had a mix of old piano notes, along with a couple perks that bring that west coast ‘zapp’ sound.

3) In 2's

First thing that caught my ear was the funky bass line. Damizza showcases his skills on this track; he does a great job of keeping on tempo, as the beat is very upbeat. The beat kind of reminded me the bayou in the south; it had a little rock and a little country sound. Butch does the hook, and it's another one you'll end up singing along with.

4) Talk 2 me

A real smooth and relaxing track right here, this has got to be one of my favorites on the entire album. Butch is real calm and collected as he hypnotizes you with his vocals, accompanied by a nice female singer. Butch is a real old school type of artist; he can bring melodies out that take you right back to the early days of funk and soul. I guarantee you'll be a Butch Cassidy fan after kickin back to this one.  This is what music has been missing, a artist bringing out the music from there heart, you can tell that Butch really enjoyed this track.

5) Gangsta Lean

With Jayo Felony onboard, you know he's gonna bring a little gangsta twist to the table. At the 1:53 mark, Jayo really takes over on his verse. A San Diego hip hop rap veteran, Jayo brought some added energy and emotion to this track. Butch's background vocals blend in so well with the beat that you almost forget he's there, that’s how talented he is.

6) Back before your lonely

This was a ok track for me, Butch's verse and chorus was the only part I really enjoyed. I think the beat was a little off, but it wasn't un-listenable. It just wasn't as good compared to the prior tracks so far.

7) Top Billin

A simple bass and guitar rift made for a nice upbeat track to bounce your head to. I felt the beat was missing a few components, but like I said before, with Butch singing along you really forget about any faults the beat might have. Damizza carries himself really well and his lyrics really stand out on this beat, and i'll quote him "with every hook he breeds, I can't wait for him to sing". Butch makes is so easy to listen, that most the tracks so far have a very high replay value for me.

8) Once lovers

Butch can really carry a track on his own, a real nice story teller as well. If you pay attention you'll enjoy listening to what this track is about.

9) A view from the top

This is a real strong track, every artist brings a lot of emotion and truth to there verse. It's good to see couple new west rappers really shine like this. Bishop and Roccet both explain there record label situations, and why there at where there at. If they keep putting out music like this, it won't matter what label there on, everyone will have to respect them. Vanessa Marquez does a nice job on the hook, I would have like Butch on it, but it didn't take away from the importance of the track.

10) Straight Playa

As the title says, it's a track for the players; a smooth pimpish beat, with lyrics to match. And when you have someone as smooth as Butch Cassidy on the hook you can't get much more playerish than that.

11) Click, Clack

This was the only real street track on here, other than the Jayo Felony one. It shows that not every album needs gangsta lyrics or beats to have a impact. I liked the variety on the album, and having a couple street tracks like this worked out really well. The piano and base make a gritty backdrop for Taje and Noni Spitz to showcase there talent.

12) Trajic end

They picked a great track to end the album; it has the perfect sound to close with. Damizza and Butch have a good connection when collaborating, and this was one of the tracks that show that best. The piano really helps close out the album, and Butch on the hook can't be beat.

Butch Cassidy & Damizza have combined forces for their collaborative debut album, ‘Back B4 You’re Lonely’ in stores April 3rd on Damizza’s Baby Ree Reecordingz. BE SURE TO GET THIS ONE!!

cot Damn..homie..props for the insight..
Finna get the album soon as i can!!

hopeye

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2007, 03:33:52 AM »
ALL GOOD JUST FOUND OUT BUTCH AND DAMIZZA OPENING FOR BONE THUGS & HARMONY!!!

Apr 6 2007 8:00P
 VENTURA THEATER w/ Bone Thugs & Harmony w/ Special Guests Butch Cassidy & Damizza VENTURA, California

Apr 7 2007 8:00P
 House of Blues w/ Bone Thugs & Harmony & Special Guests Butch Cassidy & Damizza Anahiem, California

myspace.com/damizza1
myspace.com/butchcassidywestcoast

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2007, 06:16:17 AM »
willl be getting this soon.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

hopeye

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2007, 06:43:40 PM »
anyone else already buy this album? any feedback?