Author Topic: Butch Cassidy & Damizza Album  (Read 2653 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Butch Cassidy & Damizza Album
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2007, 03:17:02 PM »
The album is BANGIN Damizza.  I didn't need to tell you that, I'm sure you know 8)  Top to bottom, great shit.  I'm lovin "Top Billin."  When's "Guilty By Affiliation" dropping?  Are you still doing that?

Lunatic

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2007, 03:17:50 PM »
Lunatic you can hear Bishop on a Damizza track on #9 A View from the Top: on Back B4 You're Lonely!! Whatup Damizza!!!  the last post is right!! as soon as the first track starts you know ur in for a good ride 420

thats right, I totally forgot about that track. I'm still on track #4 on the album
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2007, 03:30:05 PM »
Man I step away for a little bit and Damizza is in the house. Man I miss everything. ;D

I got a barbeque I am doing at the house right now so I am getting ready to bump this album for it. 

haha, i was waiting for the homie d-nice to step in the thread :D

i'm 3 tracks deep on the album, and all 3 are at least dope, if not classic, and i'm sure it'll be just pefect for your barbeque. Soon as you hear the 1st track, a smile will instantly be on ya face, cuz you'll know what your in store 4 ;D

Man this shit is bangin!!!! Perfect vibe now that it is getting hot outside. I don't have a favorite yet because all of them are tight after the first spin.

Lunatic

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2007, 03:52:11 PM »
Man I step away for a little bit and Damizza is in the house. Man I miss everything. ;D

I got a barbeque I am doing at the house right now so I am getting ready to bump this album for it. 

haha, i was waiting for the homie d-nice to step in the thread :D

i'm 3 tracks deep on the album, and all 3 are at least dope, if not classic, and i'm sure it'll be just pefect for your barbeque. Soon as you hear the 1st track, a smile will instantly be on ya face, cuz you'll know what your in store 4 ;D

Man this shit is bangin!!!! Perfect vibe now that it is getting hot outside. I don't have a favorite yet because all of them are tight after the first spin.

I had to stop the album becuzz i'm kickin it with some fam right now, but I'm hopin to finish it off 2nite or 2moro. The 1st 3 tracks were banging, and the 4th was off 2 a hella good start as well. When I bump it agian, im'a prolly start from track 1 though, to re-start up the vibe 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Toshdawg

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • If u man ain't fuckin you rite!, i got what u need
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2007, 05:24:04 PM »
Well, Knoc... I don't really know.. He moved to texas around the time I retired and we just lost touch. He is an amazing talent though.

Lights out was a huge hit for us.. one of my favorite ones too. The one from the "Ghetto, Gutta & Gangsta" album. That's the one Quik mixed. The mix on the westside connection album was a total fuck-up.. "Dirt" with fat Joe and Mack 10 is another fav of mine.. it's on "Ghetto, Gutta & Gangsta" too.

That underwire shit was sick!! Cop that!

Did you hear Bishop's new mixtape?? Awesome.

Also, Taje's HOTBOX part 2 with the new version of hennesssssssy!! That 2pac verse is sick!!

I been bumpin that new Roccett mixtape Warrior did too.. gotta support the homies.. The new Bangloose, Down, Spida Loc singles are dope!

Happy Easter... Mizz out!

cot damnnn, damizza live and direct! lol! ey man im a big fan from you... u got the hottest productions, i love ya stuff, specially this album u drop with butch cassidy! cot damnn is tha bomb... when u drop your Guilty by Association album man ???

« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 05:27:36 PM by Toshdawg »

Damizza_Fool!

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2007, 10:09:34 PM »
Thank you. Guilty is gona be the mixtape. I wanted to push it back and do this record 1st. Butch has a solo album and I have a solo album ready to go.. also we're in talks to put Taje's album and Vanessa Marquez's albums out. We have the LA Blues alliance as well.. our label is going to diversify..
DAMIZZA FOOL!

Damizza_Fool!

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2007, 10:18:36 PM »
And thx for gettin the record and supporting ALL westcoast music!

I'm on my way back to LA, Butch's solo album is almost done and i'm starting to mix- I may leak some new tracks soon... westcoastin' 2 is commin out.. I wanna thank my team-  Aaron, Edgar, Triple (3), Paul.. Butch

Get some questions together and I pop back in a few days.. With Butch..

Westttttsssiiiidddeee!!!

Damizza Fool!
www.letmehearitmusic.com
www.myspace.com/damizza1
www.myspace.com/butchcassidywestcoast
www.myspace.com/bishoplamont
DAMIZZA FOOL!

~Lucien~

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2007, 12:55:42 AM »
I just picked it up in amsterdam....
shit is hot!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2007, 01:12:24 AM »
will cop when i see it in stores. props damizza

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Blu Lacez

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2007, 02:42:20 AM »
Thank you. Guilty is gona be the mixtape. I wanted to push it back and do this record 1st. Butch has a solo album and I have a solo album ready to go.. also we're in talks to put Taje's album and Vanessa Marquez's albums out. We have the LA Blues alliance as well.. our label is going to diversify..

Mizza!!
props for dropping by and checking in on yr fans!!
Really Appreciate That!!

Am trying to get a hold of all your tracks, Tracks you produced or featured on it..
But it's like it's hard to find them in stores, where am at..

Would you have a website, that  one could browse and order all those heated productions??

P.s Do you play the guitar??
Cuz you got the funkiest guitars  riffs playin on Ur Tracks!!!!

Props!!

I can't wait to get Back b4 Ur Lonely!!

Blu!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2007, 03:28:57 PM »

Mizza!!
props for dropping by and checking in on yr fans!!
Really Appreciate That!!

Am trying to get a hold of all your tracks, Tracks you produced or featured on it..
But it's like it's hard to find them in stores, where am at..

Would you have a website, that  one could browse and order all those heated productions??

P.s Do you play the guitar??
Cuz you got the funkiest guitars  riffs playin on Ur Tracks!!!!

Props!!

I can't wait to get Back b4 Ur Lonely!!

Blu!

good questions, +1 blu and damizza

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

hopeye

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2007, 10:13:16 PM »
 8) 8) 8)

Damizza posted this on his myspace page earlier today, new interview w/ HHNLIVE.COM

<center>
 <A href="http://www.hhnlive.com/features/more/244">Feature on HHNLIVE.COM (click here)</A> 
</center>

Grindhouse: Butch Cassidy and Damizza
Posted: 04/08/2007 by: Sahran Odom AKA Wynta

HHNLive.com Sahran Odom AKA Wynta pulls off a "Grindhouse" double feature style interview with Butch Cassidy and Damizza. This west coast super duo recently released their first album together and they sit down with Wynta to discuss working together effectively, their inspirations, getting into the music game, and much more!

WYNTA: I know you used to be a radio executive. What made you make the transition to producer/rapper and how was it for you?

DAMIZZA: The music. The love of the music. I was done with the radio. Butch came along and said, "hey we gotta do this record" and we went into the studio and we made a song called "Cruzin", which is doing real well on the radio. It's creating a nice buzz for us and we just, you know, have a natural philosophy about it-it's wherever the music takes us. We just let God be our guide. It was a natural transition. You know I did all I could in radio and it was time for a change and music has always been something that's been real important to me. Butch has always been a good friend and mentor, if you will, with the music.

WYNTA: I know you've worked with many artists ranging from Mariah Carey, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, as well as Rock groups. You're obviously not a one dimensional artist. Where would you say your creativity comes from?

DAMIZZA: You know it comes from the music. Everytime I hear a musical note it takes me on a journey. Working with people like Butch, making music, working with my partner Howie Hersh on the keys, Rodney King. Anytime I hear something new. It could be a drum beat, or something on TV. Anything. My biggest influences are God and music.

WYNTA: Why do you think you and Butch have so much chemistry?

DAMIZZA: You know I can't figure that out till this day? Naw, he's an incredible artist. It's always good to work with people who are good at their craft. I mean that's what it is. When it comes to real music there's nobody else I can imagine being partnered up with on a daily basis. I mean we get along. We are great friends and make great music. They tried to put us both in a corner that we always transcend.

WYNTA: Do you listen to any music besides hip hop?

DAMIZZA: Oh yeah, I listen to everything. It could be Frank Sinatra. It could be Dean Martin. It could be Korn.

S.WYNTA: And when is the album dropping?

DAMIZZA: It dropped April 3rd.

WYNTA: What type of feel is it?

DAMIZZA: It's a good classic west coast album. It has everything on there. Something for the dudes, something for the ladies, something for the club-you know it's a perfect moment in time for what we're doing. It has got some rock edge to it. It's like what you said. It's not one format or one dimensional or one sound. It is us 100% musically.

WYNTA: Now we all know you have Butch on there. Who are some other artists?

DAMIZZA: Oh yeah, there is Big 1, whose an underground producer coming up right now whose doing great. Tajee, Nonie Spin, Dr. Dre's new protégée Bishop Lamont. We have Titus, a new artist out of LA that Butch is working with right now on his label KCP. Everybody put some gumbo in this.

WYNTA: Sounds like it's going to be a classic.

DAMIZZA: You know from your lips to God's ears.

WYNTA: How did you and Butch Cassidy come to join forces?

DAMIZZA: We met working on a project for Kurupt. Working with DJ Quik and Kurupt on a song called "Can't Go Wrong". Butch and I were working on a song for Kurupt called "Bitches", and after that song we noticed chemistry with the music and we've been inseparable ever since.

WYNTA: Speaking of Cassidy. How did you get the name Butch Cassidy? It just doesn't sound like a typical R&B singer's name?

BUTCH CASSIDY: Well I always had the name Butch since I was a kid and when I was working with Snoop, he gave me the Cassidy. So I've been riding with it ever since.

WYNTA: How would you describe your style and what kind of influences that have helped you to create it?

BUTCH CASSIDY: A lot of my influence was gospel, but I would just describe it as smooth, laid back jazz, west coast, street, jazz music.

WYNTA: What was your first track with Death Row?

BUTCH CASSIDY: It was a Christmas album. A song called "Be Thankful".

WYNTA: I know you've been in the game for a while working with a lot of artists from Mystikal to Snoop. Who would you say you've enjoyed working with the most?

BUTCH CASSIDY: I enjoyed working with Nate Dogg and Snoop. Yeah, Mystikal was a great time. So was G-Unit, Ice Cube and the West Side Connection. I did a song with Wyclef that I had fun with. Jadakiss- it can go on and on. DJ Quik. And now my favorite artist is Damizza.

WYNTA: Do you know why you and Damizza have so much chemistry?

BUTCH CASSIDY: Because we are incredibly talented and when you put two incredibly talented people together you come up with great shit.

WYNTA: Is there a solo album in the works?

BUTCH CASSIDY: Yeah, we are both working on solo albums. I gotta cut about four more tracks and I'll be done with it, but it's real hot. I might hit the streets with a single called "T-Shirt and Khakis", but I'm still debating.

WYNTA: Could you give us a little preview of artists and producers that will be appearing on it?

BUTCH CASSIDY: I've been pretty much working with new producers since day one. Of course Damizza and I got Jared. Just a bunch of people I've been getting down with. It's gonna be crazy.

WYNTA: Do you have any estimate of when it should drop or is it that still up in the air?

BUTCH CASSIDY: Yeah it's still up in the air. Probably in the summer sometime.

WYNTA: Now, as you may know we are a nationwide online magazine based in Canada. Is there anything you would like to tell your fans?

BUTCH CASSIDY: I would like to tell them just keep listening and we are gonna bless their ears for years and years. The single is called "Cruzin". We just gonna keep bringing them more stuff as the time goes by. You won't be disappointed.

DAMIZZA: And thanks so much for the love. We get so many emails on my space, which is
www.myspace.com/damizza1 We get so much love from the people overseas-I mean just everywhere and we just wanna say thank you so much for sticking with us all these years.

WYNTA: And thank you for taking the time out to speak to HHNLive.com

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2007, 10:04:27 AM »
damn today i buy this shit & the cd is dope !! tragic end is my fav for the time !!

MarshColin

« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2007, 10:46:17 AM »
What up Damizza? I copped the album and definitely enjoy listening to it. I have been wondering for quite some time though about a song you put on one of your Baby Ree mixtapes by Jayo Felony called "On The Block." Any chance of us hearing a non-mixtape version of this track? That shit was fire!