Author Topic: How can you listen to that new 50 single, and say Dre hasn't fallen off?  (Read 1806 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
time to be real, Detox is going to TOUCH chronic, let alone chronic 2001

his beats ALL sounding the same and are mediocre, his recent beats have been average at best.  He did come real nice on that Boss Life track though, but that's a Snoop track so it's to be expected

really lookin forward to those 50 detox tracks  ::)
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
hopefully hes savin his best stuff for his album.... but lately his beats have been a lil repetitive

Blu Lacez

his beats ALL sounding the same and are mediocre, his recent beats have been average at best.  He did come real nice on that Boss Life track though, but that's a Snoop track so it's to be expected

/\
  though i respect ur opinion homie..but i have to disagree!
this new 50 Cent track is a real bumper of a track, compared to the other smooth jazzy tracks dre gave to Snoop (Imagine,& Boss life) Jay z (30 Something)..

But..I will admit this..that 50's new track "Straight to the Bank"..is very similar to the dre of chronic era..i don't know if it's just me..but i feel it so much on that level-whether thats good or bad..only time will tell..

But one thing for certain..50's album will be the hype that dre will need for his Detox album..
By the way, this is just the first single.(i'm hoping),that 50 has a few more dre produced tracks..so hopefully does one will be alot more thuumping, jazzy and smooth..

But i feel if 50 came alot more lyrical on this track..it wuld be a perfect track IMO..but i like it...
i had to turn up my system..when i heard the bass line!!!

Blu!

The King Of L.A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK YOU !!!
Dam the whole Unit is getting squased.....

i epected more from 5o, He is capable of more then that.

Woodrow

I'm gonna bump this for you when Detox drops.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!

yo gotta agree with ya dawg, his shit on jiggaz, snoop, bucks album have all been average....oh and the shit he did with snoop was decent at best too imo....oh and snoop is my favourite rapper living and dre is my favourite producer so this is coming from a fan....dre has been coming week for more than a minute....last shit he did which was really nice was the beat for games start from scratch joint....go check that to remind y'all of what dre can do....

oh and this beat for 50 was not wack....but it was not nice either....sounded like something one of these upcoming producers would do tryna copy the dre sound....it does not even sound that crisp to me...

oh but i do beleive dre will be saving his best shit for himself this time, he has consistantly given out bangers to other niggaz since chronic 2001 even though recently his shit has been weak....but i do believe he will make sure he comes straight on his own album....but right now i do not think he will be able to touch 2001.....both rapping wise and beats wise....rapping wise because the niggaz he rolls with do not spit shit worth listening no more......and dre beats lack the heavy bass mixed with funk....with heavy emphasis on the funk...dre use to have a gangsta sound mang....gangsta as in it could bang yet musically the keys and everything would sound hella nice and still it could be filled with funk and shit....now his shit is gettin real boring......

and anyone telling me he gave jigga throwaway beats needs a checking because we all know that dre and jigga tried to work some magic together but failed....

but yeah, i still think dre will come good on detox.......but how good? only time will tell.....but i really hope his saving all his amazing shit for himself instead of this is the level he is at right now and this is the shit his giving to 50 because this is his best beats....

pz

Lunatic

ok, first off this ain't no single, it's a muthafuckin street single. We won't see this on no bet or whatever (i doubt).

and come on Jscrilla, dre's beats recently have been repetitive? not at all dog.

most of his beats haven't had that classic dre sound. Listen to the beats on Jay's album & then this beat. it's totally different man. If anything, his beats were repetitive on 2001 (im cool with it, they were bumping)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
People will never stop complaining. That beat is a dope beat and its thumpin' hard... simple and plain. Does every beat that Dre puts out for ANOTHER artists have to be "mind blowing chronic/detox" shit?

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
People will never stop complaining. That beat is a dope beat and its thumpin' hard... simple and plain. Does every beat that Dre puts out for ANOTHER artists have to be "mind blowing chronic/detox" shit?

homie dre could put out the wackest beat and you would stil feel it, we both know that....now that aint a dig at you but i get the impression you dig anything dre does, even if there is shit much better out right now....dre is a super producer, the shit he does should stand out against what other people are doing....like it use to consistantly a few years back....but right now it aint happening....i do not see nobody in here saying we expect every dre beat to be the best beat ever, but when niggaz wait so long for a dre beat, we expect some bangning shit atleast....if your telling me right now dre is on top of his game....i feel sorry for dre, cuz then he should retire....i believe dre can and will come much better than this....because this is a average beat at best....dre or anybody else....

i still look forward to every dre beat, but i judge them farily....i feel dre is slowly improving but right now dre reminds me of the level he was when xzibit dropped his Man vs Machine album....he was kinda in between working on his old sound and his now old detox sound and alot of his shit was either aight or weak....right now dre is at that level....until dre does not completely fin his new sound, people gon continue to criticize....thats why 50's album is very important for dre....or any other album which he produces on before detox drops....because that will help raise the buzz for dre even further....and get people buzzing about dre's detox even more

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
ok, first off this ain't no single, it's a muthafuckin street single. We won't see this on no bet or whatever (i doubt).

and come on Jscrilla, dre's beats recently have been repetitive? not at all dog.

most of his beats haven't had that classic dre sound. Listen to the beats on Jay's album & then this beat. it's totally different man. If anything, his beats were repetitive on 2001 (im cool with it, they were bumping)

dres beats on jiggaz album was very dre-ish imo.....just not amazing dre shit....it still had everything dre does in a beat...he just did not do it very well....imo

Al Bundy

i must be the only one who doesn't like Boss' Life

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"

homie dre could put out the wackest beat and you would stil feel it, we both know that....now that aint a dig at you but i get the impression you dig anything dre does, even if there is shit much better out right now....dre is a super producer, the shit he does should stand out against what other people are doing....like it use to consistantly a few years back....but right now it aint happening....i do not see nobody in here saying we expect every dre beat to be the best beat ever, but when niggaz wait so long for a dre beat, we expect some bangning shit atleast....if your telling me right now dre is on top of his game....i feel sorry for dre, cuz then he should retire....i believe dre can and will come much better than this....because this is a average beat at best....dre or anybody else....

i still look forward to every dre beat, but i judge them farily....i feel dre is slowly improving but right now dre reminds me of the level he was when xzibit dropped his Man vs Machine album....he was kinda in between working on his old sound and his now old detox sound and alot of his shit was either aight or weak....right now dre is at that level....until dre does not completely fin his new sound, people gon continue to criticize....thats why 50's album is very important for dre....or any other album which he produces on before detox drops....because that will help raise the buzz for dre even further....and get people buzzing about dre's detox even more

You're wrong... there are plenty of Dre beats that I dont really feel... but I think this is a dope beat. I also think that some people's perseption of 50 clouds their judgement. For example... if a westcoast artist rapped over this same beat (e.g. Kurupt)... than I garantee you'd find more people on this board lovin' this track.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Don't worry about Detox. Dre has the best ghost writers and ghost producers making Detox, so it'll definatly be tight. As for Dre falling off, that was already known. It takes him 6 months to come out with 4 beats.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!

You're wrong... there are plenty of Dre beats that I dont really feel... but I think this is a dope beat. I also think that some people's perseption of 50 clouds their judgement. For example... if a westcoast artist rapped over this same beat (e.g. Kurupt)... than I garantee you'd find more people on this board lovin' this track.

^^^thats def true, im sure people would prefer this if kurupt was spittin over it...BUT with me its not like that but ofcourse alot of people on this board came on here because they love westcoast music....so im sure they would prefer westcoast cats over dre beats....yes i came on this board through love for westcoast cats and shit....and still to this day i would prefer westcoast cats working with dre....simply because i feel the chemistry is better....but i have no complaints with dre working with anyone from any other coast either....like to me....kurupt has been washed up for soo long, i couldnt give a fuck about nigga no mo....he gonna have to try and look to grab my attention instead of me looking for heat off him, feel me?........i love the westcoast more than other coast, but i see myself bumpin biggie and nas recently more than any one else....music is music to me....but i see what your saying

so to me, im objective about whoever spitting over a dre beat....to me the beat is not weak....but it is not banging either....and 50 in my honest opinion....dissapioints....he does not really spit like he can, his flow is weak....hook is weak.....

50 dropping an album is an event for hiphop....so i expect big things....

kinda like a justin timberlake album for white pop/rnb fans....

an event like usher for rnb/soul fans

alicia keys for female soul listeners...

micheal jacskon to everyone....

like when an eminem album drops....

50 has put himself in a situation with the amount of money he made and albums his sold for himself and for hiphop that his album is going to be an evernt....so people expect big things....to me this is not "big"

thats just my opinion but you see what im tryna say? i aint saying his anywhere as good as the likes of mj, usher, eminem but simply these cats are all different but are the few events which take place every so often....

to me 50 has alot of proving to do after the massacre....and this has not either helped or weakened his case....but he should have come back with a bang! haha....

pz

tonysmallz

man every one buys 50, and he aint evan sayin nuttin interestin