Author Topic: How can you listen to that new 50 single, and say Dre hasn't fallen off?  (Read 1809 times)

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Everyone's got a right to their own opinion. To each to their own, I personally think Dre's been pretty decent lately, in that he's been delivering good music, but maybe not CLASSIC shit. I would assume that that's his goal for now. To go with the flow and release beats that maybe not everyone's gonna feel...have cats say he's fallen off, because when Detox comes he wants to knock people on their ass.

If everyone is high on Dre's sound by the time his album drops, it will ruin the way they listen to Detox.

Think about it, wouldn't it make sense to hit people with beats that are just aight, and then save the best shit for Detox. There's a method to Dre's madness, just like any other great producer. To be honest, I only really dig about half of the beats he's dropped in the last year. The rest was decent, quaility material but just not my personal favorites. The new 50 joint is tight, but where's the proof that Dre even did it...it could be produced by ( ??? ) and mixed by Dre...or additional production by Dre.

tonysmallz

if tribe called quest release a album today it would sound like thay first, every tribe album keeps the same style its y there so fuckin good

tempo2

shit no matter how good detox is its never going to live up to everyones expectations. even if it is great all the hatters will be saying "it aint a classic" i think this proves how good dre is as a producer, musical genious and a legend in the rap game, even when hes shit is pecieved to be weak it still gets everyone talking, im sorry but he's the most talked about rap artist and producer in the whole rap industry, no shit! every hip hop board your on its dre this dre that.....thats a sign of someone whos on top of the game. id i almost guarantee detox will be absoloutley dope mark my words....i mean how many times do the haters want him to fail and then he comes back on top and re-invents the game? he's been doing this for 2 long and the most succesfull at it for him to set himself up for failure. trust me some people are born to stay at the top of there profession.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I agree his recent beats have been boring and so on but I'm not going to judge Detox yet (especially thorugh the use of speculation, Diddy on Detox seems to be a favourite of Long Beach's), it isn't hard to believe that Dre will deliver the goods in the time of need. If he does there's going to be a lot of people looking idiotic and likewise if he doesn't. Detox will be the defining moment.

The Great Elephant

• Muthafuckin' OG
the reason dre stopped on detox 2 years ago was because songs for the artists he produces for would suffer.  now he's working on detox and there are obvoiusly shortcomings.  these beats aren't wack by any means, but they're definitely not finished.  thats all there is to it.

tonysmallz

^^ i think he jsut wants to get it perfect so now one can say shit about it

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
The two tracks on Buck The World were just average, but this 50 track is dope.  The majority of his recent tracks have been dope, especially the stuff he did with Snoop.  Every track he makes is not a classic change your life beat, but his shit is stil dope.

pill

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
more and more Im thinking that them jackin 4 beats rumors are true. When Mel-men left so did the sound. But now he's back wit tha doc I have more faith for detox

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
The two tracks on Buck The World were just average, but this 50 track is dope.  The majority of his recent tracks have been dope, especially the stuff he did with Snoop.  Every track he makes is not a classic change your life beat, but his shit is stil dope.

Pretty much. Also, 50 is signed to him... Buck isn't so of course 50 will get better production.

Louie760

• Lil Geezy
i think tha beat is tight, but that (ha, ha, ha ha) shit on the song is stupid!

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
My friend made me listen to the song today. All in all, the beat wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but jesus does 50 Cent suck as a rapper.

XaNdEr

here we go again.... ::)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Actually that was probably the worst 50 has spit over a dre beat....remind me if im wrong, but i think this is

AfterMathematics

• 'G'
  • West Coast Represent for all y'all
To put things in perspective, this isn't exactly the first time that people said Dre fell off. It may be hard to believe now, but after he left Ruthless people thought he couldn't do it without NWA. Then after he left Death Row, people said he really fell the fuck off with the Aftermath compilation, Firm, and singles like Zoom. If you remember from the dreday.com board discussions, not everyone was convinced that 2001 was going to be dope before it came out, mostly because of his hit or miss releases over the years before that.

Of course 2001 dropped and changed a lot of people's minds again. Then he had a steady stream of hits with Marshall Mather's LP and 50's debut. When everyone expects you to release classics every time you drop, you're bound to disappoint fans at some point. I think Dre's still better off than he was during the post Death Row/pre 2001 era, but it remains to be seen if Detox can really touch the Chronic and 2001. After all, if you think about it, the guy's been in the game for 20 years. The magic's gonna run out at some point. 

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
To put things in perspective, this isn't exactly the first time that people said Dre fell off. It may be hard to believe now, but after he left Ruthless people thought he couldn't do it without NWA. Then after he left Death Row, people said he really fell the fuck off with the Aftermath compilation, Firm, and singles like Zoom. If you remember from the dreday.com board discussions, not everyone was convinced that 2001 was going to be dope before it came out, mostly because of his hit or miss releases over the years before that.

Of course 2001 dropped and changed a lot of people's minds again. Then he had a steady stream of hits with Marshall Mather's LP and 50's debut. When everyone expects you to release classics every time you drop, you're bound to disappoint fans at some point. I think Dre's still better off than he was during the post Death Row/pre 2001 era, but it remains to be seen if Detox can really touch the Chronic and 2001. After all, if you think about it, the guy's been in the game for 20 years. The magic's gonna run out at some point. 

the beats Dre was doing on the Top Dogg album were classic: Bitch Please, Buck em, Just Dippen....

dude just fell off

he needs mel man
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....