Author Topic: New 50 Cent interview: Olivia dropped, 50 mad at Buck, Cam, Youtube  (Read 1235 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: New 50 Cent interview: Olivia dropped, 50 mad at Buck, Cam, Youtube
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2007, 05:56:24 PM »
Buck is smart.  Not for some allegiance w/ Game, but because he can still have a career post G-Unit, where Banks & Yayo will have nothing.  He still has potential to sell some records.

And 50 saying he's not helping out the clique anymore and Olivia getting dropped are MAJOR.  I'd be willing to bet that Interscope is not willing to put money into these projects as G-Unit sales have continually declined. 

And LOL @ 50 acting like he was helping everyone out w/ their albums out of the kindness of his heart.  I GUARANTEE he was caking more % wise on G-Unit affiliate albums than his own albums.  He's the fucking idiot for branding the fuck out of any and everything he could get his name on.  It's called oversaturation - but 50 thought he was sooo big that he was above that.  What a fucking idiot - and people think he's a good business man.

I'm also laughin at the release date of his 4th album to be on the anniversary of GRODT.  This homo is nothing but hype.  Just put out a decent fucking album and let it speak for itself. 

rik

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2007, 05:59:05 PM »
^ Jrome is back at it. I love it.  8)

tonysmallz

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007, 07:49:48 PM »

I'm also laughin at the release date of his 4th album to be on the anniversary of GRODT.  This homo is nothing but hype.  Just put out a decent fucking album and let it speak for itself. 

its like before a realease he has to explain him self...

any way the fat meat head was on that MTV show TLC or TFC or what ever, what rapper goes on there,

he was makin it sound he had to go tru hardship to help the rest sayin "i had to stop sellin the massicure, to help mobb deep" its not his jobb to sell his shit, and i dont know about the US but over here he had a rebok Ad on every 5 mins,its just his little excuse to cover the album not matching the sales of the first,

Kool Beenz

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2007, 08:12:53 PM »
lol 50 cent played them niggas
but dude when G-Unit was together i thought the sickest rap gang was created i mean The Game, best from the west and Lloyd best mc from the east and Buck one of the throwdest from the south and 50 as there boss...

now they all split apart and they coulda still been on the same label if 50cent did have his head up his ass

tonysmallz

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2007, 08:35:33 PM »
i think CL smooths American Me is better than anything from g unit at the mo??
any one here herd it

eNgIeS

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2007, 01:56:19 AM »
If Buck parts ways with 50, it could be a bad move for G-Unit, as Buck just put out the best album on that label since Beg 4 Mercy.
2 words
The Documentary

Narrator

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2007, 02:21:48 AM »
If you were 50 Cents situation you'd be high on yourself too. Money does that to people, all "newer" artists who hit it big act like their the shit, they act like their the richest greatest rapper on the planet. 5 or 10 years from now 50 will modest up and stop his arrogance.

LOL, if 50's smart (which clearly, he ain't), he'll modest up NOW.  Hip-hop sales overall are falling, and G-Unit is obviously not an exception to this, which is why 50 running his mouth like a dumbfuck is only gonna hurt himself and his label even more.  50 Cent's situation right now is that his street cred and his popularity are taking major blows...5 or 10 years from now, G-Unit is going to be done, for all intents and purposes.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2007, 02:48:05 AM »
50 talks so much gibberish, it's not even funny. Dude says he's tired of carrying G-Unit on his back, but with all his burnt bridges, how the hell are they supposed to put together an album without him? He pretty much backed his entire squad into the corner and the only reason they still sell reasonably well is because of 50. Now he's getting pissed off at Buck for trying to improve his position in the rap game. Fuckin' ridiculous.

a) If you are refering to sales: Its a normal process, they had a great run for 3,4 years. The history repeats (Death Row, No Limit)

How are you gonna compare Death Row to G-Unit? 50 is the only reason G-Unit is successful AT ALL. The ONLY reason Death Row failed was because 2pac died and Suge was fuckin' up. Everyone on the DR roster was able to push a good amount of units on their own without one major star on half the tracks AND they were only gaining popularity as time progressed even without Dre. Plus, all 50 ever talks about on tracks are money and bitches like he's the Bill Gates of rap. He's a small time player in the whole scheme of things, where as DR was a dynasty that made some of the best music of the genre, and that will forever stand.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2007, 04:53:03 AM »
Im laughing reading some people replays here. People fail to realise yet again, this is probably another promotional stunt from 50.

Hes the topic on every forum, hes got the I-couldnt-care-less-about-50-and-his-wack-music types (Jrome) checking for his every move, analyzing his every word. And thats exactly what he wants.

50 is even a homo now for setting a certain release date. Ahh, gotta love the internet.

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2007, 05:08:47 AM »
If buck gets kicked from G-Unit.. haha damn wouldn't that be a bitch! I could see alot of g-unit haters liking buck if that happened
A lot of people (includng people on this forum) like Young Buck, despite there negative feeling towards G-Unit. He is (or was) the most talented rapper on the label.

Exactly

I've always liked Buck and thought he was the most talented out of G-Unit artists.. I've never liked Yayo or Banks.. so yea I think it's great if Buck can leave G-Unit and make his own album.. if he teams up with dudes like Chamillionare, Lil Flip etc.. from the south he could sell even more than he would with 50.

ABN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2007, 05:33:35 AM »
this is the best thing that could possible happen for Buck. if he keeps it up hell be able to jump off a fast sinking ship and hes got potential to be just as successful on his own coz he keeps it real with most people. wonder what hes gonna do about his "G-Unit South" tattoo on both of his hands though lol.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2007, 07:14:11 AM »
And go where ? He wont do better numbers anywhere else. People seem to forget that the whole industry is flopping not just GUnit records.

ABN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2007, 08:36:57 AM »
And go where ? He wont do better numbers anywhere else. People seem to forget that the whole industry is flopping not just GUnit records.
id head to Universal if i was Buck, or Geffen. Geffens atleast putting out a lot of succesful acts(compared to the numbers that most people put up). and dudes got more charisma and is a more likeable person then anyone in G-Unit including 50. and Buck keeps it 100, if yall seen the trailor of his upcoming reality show yall know what im talking about.

G.O.D. Pt. III

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2007, 10:45:32 AM »
Oh yeah I forgot to say

BON VOYAGE OLIVER!!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tgcK_ctvaZI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tgcK_ctvaZI</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-CZe5SrVHaA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-CZe5SrVHaA</a>

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2007, 11:10:46 AM »
I hope Buck get dropped.

kemizt

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2007, 12:37:33 PM »
Buck is smart.  Not for some allegiance w/ Game, but because he can still have a career post G-Unit, where Banks & Yayo will have nothing.  He still has potential to sell some records.

And 50 saying he's not helping out the clique anymore and Olivia getting dropped are MAJOR.  I'd be willing to bet that Interscope is not willing to put money into these projects as G-Unit sales have continually declined. 

And LOL @ 50 acting like he was helping everyone out w/ their albums out of the kindness of his heart.  I GUARANTEE he was caking more % wise on G-Unit affiliate albums than his own albums.  He's the fucking idiot for branding the fuck out of any and everything he could get his name on.  It's called oversaturation - but 50 thought he was sooo big that he was above that.  What a fucking idiot - and people think he's a good business man.

best post i've read in like 2 years. other than the ones i post ofcourse.

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2007, 12:51:28 PM »
- 50's interview sounds like G-Unit had a intervention meeting with 50 Cent and it just went bad.. Sounds like they trying to tell him something that he doesn't want to hear.

-LOL @ 50 for saying that Cam'ron lost... Cam'ron's phone conversation and song stated the very obvious of G-Unit.

-What 50 doesn't realize is that he backed G-Unit into a corner. Hip Hop has ALWAYS been about networking and branching out to other artists.. One thing the media always portrays rappers as self destructive, violent, bad people.. but they never point out the fact that the genre of music has more collaborations than other genre of music..   Anyways, G-Unit doesn't have the network AND the internal talent to put out great albums. They sell b/c of 50's drama and his affilation. He never showcased their true talents.  Young Buck is smart, he sees this and that is why he is trying to build his own network.

-50 Cent is a horrible record exec. As a musician/record exec, you'll have to do sacrafices to make your business strong. You don't see Dr Dre complaining that Detox was delayed b/c of his constant work on Game, 50, Jay-z, Etc etc's album.. You don't see Snoop saying that he's tired of working with Daz and Kurupt.. You don't see Eminem telling D12 to make theiir own careers.. It's just stupidity. He puts his own people in a bad situation and by airing out the dirty laundry of G-Unit, Young Buck, Sha Money is just stupid and disrespectful.

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »
I like curtis is so rattled by cam using his first name that he's actually changing his album name now to try and shake it. CUURRRRTTTIIISS!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 02:13:16 PM by $$$Date Rapist$$$ »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2007, 02:04:53 PM »
- 50's interview sounds like G-Unit had a intervention meeting with 50 Cent and it just went bad.. Sounds like they trying to tell him something that he doesn't want to hear.

-LOL @ 50 for saying that Cam'ron lost... Cam'ron's phone conversation and song stated the very obvious of G-Unit.

-What 50 doesn't realize is that he backed G-Unit into a corner. Hip Hop has ALWAYS been about networking and branching out to other artists.. One thing the media always portrays rappers as self destructive, violent, bad people.. but they never point out the fact that the genre of music has more collaborations than other genre of music..   Anyways, G-Unit doesn't have the network AND the internal talent to put out great albums. They sell b/c of 50's drama and his affilation. He never showcased their true talents.  Young Buck is smart, he sees this and that is why he is trying to build his own network.

-50 Cent is a horrible record exec. As a musician/record exec, you'll have to do sacrafices to make your business strong. You don't see Dr Dre complaining that Detox was delayed b/c of his constant work on Game, 50, Jay-z, Etc etc's album.. You don't see Snoop saying that he's tired of working with Daz and Kurupt.. You don't see Eminem telling D12 to make theiir own careers.. It's just stupidity. He puts his own people in a bad situation and by airing out the dirty laundry of G-Unit, Young Buck, Sha Money is just stupid and disrespectful.

Hold on now. How is 50 a horrible record exec. ? He might not be the best but hes definetly one of the best. Look what he did in 3 years. He gave all his homeboys a chance to release an album on a major labels, expanded his brand to work with his rolemodels Mobb Deep and M.O.P., brought Games career to life, has his vater, condoms.. Sure he made some mistakes but let me ask you this : what did Luda do with DTP ? Busta with Flimpode ? Jadakiss with DBlock ? Game with Blackwallstreet ? Jayz with Bleek ? Fat Joe with Terror Squad ? Eminem only released the group album on major and let their solos be released on some crappy indy label. Dre aint complaining ? Have you forgoten how many artists he dropped over the years ? Even Snoop who has a major pull in the industry fucked Daz, Kurpt and Soopa several times.

To say 50 is bad bussinesman is plain silly. Maybe in the real world yes but around these dumb rappers he Bill Gates. Every rapper has a chance to bring up their group, only few of them succed.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2007, 06:13:00 PM »
Im laughing reading some people replays here. People fail to realise yet again, this is probably another promotional stunt from 50.

Hes the topic on every forum, hes got the I-couldnt-care-less-about-50-and-his-wack-music types (Jrome) checking for his every move, analyzing his every word. And thats exactly what he wants.

50 is even a homo now for setting a certain release date. Ahh, gotta love the internet.

Listen kid, i'm really getting annoyed with having to point this out to you.  It might be time for some ritalin. Seriously.  I'm a MUSIC fan - you can check my collection: I have Hip Hop, R&B, Pop, Metal, Grunge, Folk, Easy Listening, Disco, Funk, New Wave, Jazz, Country, Techno, House, etc etc etc. (and yes J Bananas that sentence is worthy of some clowning but ain't no shame in my game  8))  Every genre has dope shit and thats why I really only categorize music into 2 sections: Dope & Wack.  And because I'm passionate and conscious about MUSIC, I pay every bit as much attention to what is dope as to what is wack.  I don't continually bump wack shit, but I discuss it ALL THE FUCKING TIME because I want people to understand what is real and what isn't, and why (in my opinion). 

When did I say I don't care about 50?  I've repeatedly said I can't wait to hear what he brings this time around.  His album dropping this year will arguably be the most important one dropped this year.  But PLEASE don't twist that into me saying it will be the biggest or the best.  It will be an excellent barometer of where hip hop is and where it is heading.  It can't drop soon enough in my mind.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2007, 01:27:56 AM »
what the fuck does it mean that 50 gets credited for that shit? does that mean he gets paid? he can get all the youtube credits he want, does that shit mean he gets paid for every youtube thing or what? I want a rapper that finished college, fuck kanye for making dropping out of college seeming cool. we want defari.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2007, 07:34:41 AM »

But you are the one posting every single move from him.

BTW +1 to Jrome, like Rik said "I love it"

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2007, 08:17:51 AM »

Hold on now. How is 50 a horrible record exec. ? He might not be the best but hes definetly one of the best. Look what he did in 3 years. He gave all his homeboys a chance to release an album on a major labels, expanded his brand to work with his rolemodels Mobb Deep and M.O.P., brought Games career to life, has his vater, condoms.. Sure he made some mistakes but let me ask you this : what did Luda do with DTP ? Busta with Flimpode ? Jadakiss with DBlock ? Game with Blackwallstreet ? Jayz with Bleek ? Fat Joe with Terror Squad ? Eminem only released the group album on major and let their solos be released on some crappy indy label. Dre aint complaining ? Have you forgoten how many artists he dropped over the years ? Even Snoop who has a major pull in the industry fucked Daz, Kurpt and Soopa several times.

To say 50 is bad bussinesman is plain silly. Maybe in the real world yes but around these dumb rappers he Bill Gates. Every rapper has a chance to bring up their group, only few of them succed.

Yes. He's a horrible record executive. And just to give you a little bit of education, you can be great at one point in time, and horrible in another part of time.. See Suge Knight.

His latest interview pretty much truimps everything that you just posted. I mean, if he was doing so much better than DTP, Flipmode, Blackwallstreet, then we wouldn't be having this conversation and he wouldn't be going on interviews talking about he was no longer going to 'hold his artists hands while sacraficing his music career'. I'm sure 50 Cent appreciates your optomistic view of the things he says, but from a business and career standpoint, this is not good news. You remind me of the people who actually believed Suge Knight filing bankruptcy was a good thing. G-Unit's success came from 50's popularity. People bought G-Unit related albums as an extention of 50 Cent's own work. It's obvious that 50's oversaturated the market and his affilation doesn't sell anymore.

I know you are a pro-50 fan. But please acknowledge the sillyness of 50's move. 50 isolates G-Unit to a very small network of artists and producers that they are allowed be cool/work with, now he tells them that he won't work with them and they have to go out and make their own music.. It's ridicolous man. I wouldn't be suprised if they had to carry a constantly updated list of artists that 50 is not cool with.

XaNdEr

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2007, 09:41:02 AM »
They probably lost lets say 2 fans because Game left but Game lost 20 you get my point ?

My point is Game had litle to do with it, as will Cam, Fat Joe, Nas... point is beef doesnt end shit. All people that are saying 50 ended Ja Rules career are idiots. Ja ended his career. It was normal that GUnit as a group wouldnt have the sucess like they did the 1st time, they rode 50s name and 50s not untouchable anymore.

Plus nobody is selling shit these days anyways.

Damn man +1 for speaking truth.

Nobody can kill anyones carreers, lol @ the people wh oactually believe in that. Ja Rule put out wack stuff, then he got in the news on the negative side (in the 50 beef) and things just went downhill.

Game put out all these mixtapes, to kill G-Unit? lol, to get money, fools. Its just business man, you think 50 or Buck or Banks or Yayo or anyone on this world cares what Game's personal life is and who he beefs with, if you care about that, then you have lost reality for sure.

If you judge music, then dont drag beefs in it, but just listen to the music. Its just a lot of these cats on this forum are really upset with g-unit so before anything drops its fuck G-Unit, G-unoooooot, Gay-Unit, blablabla, they say the albums are wack before they even listened to it, and then try to spread that opinion (which is based on nothing but prejudices and are not objective at all) like theyre some preachers.

My personal opinion is that they relied on 50 Cent's name and fame too much, and now that they have to stand alone (like 50 said in the interview) and deliver, you can see who can deliver or not. Buck hold his own on Buck The World, and he got many Southern connects (Bun B, Eightball & MJG, Jazze Pha, T.I., Young Jeezy etc.) who back him up. Banks on the other hand dont got many others to rely on, so now that he has to do things alone he will fail. Rotten Apple was cool, but a few NY features on it wouldnt be bad, but G-Unit got way too many beefs to easily get some rappers to star on their records.

Lets see what happens when 50 and Yayo drop their next albums, that will determine their future.

Btw, i think Young Buck is gonna leave G-Unit soon.

On a side note, i think Spider Loc will get dropped soon, i dont see him putting out a album anytime soon anyways. Maybe he can join Buck's G-Unit south records when Buck get kicked from the Unit.

Elevz

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2007, 03:17:13 PM »
they say the albums are wack before they even listened to it, and then try to spread that opinion (which is based on nothing but prejudices and are not objective at all) like theyre some preachers.

Hello! ...You're talking about OPINIONS. How is any opinion ever going to be OBJECTIVE?

Buck hold his own on Buck The World, and he got many Southern connects who back him up.

You're tapping from a fresh cask of contradictions, aren't you?

Nobody can kill anyones carreers, lol @ the people wh oactually believe in that.

I hope you don't mind ME laughing at YOU here. You don't have to be an experienced psychologist to be conscious of the fact influence is all around us, even when we don't actively realise it's there. Now you tell me, how is a rapper discrediting another rapper NOT going to hurt his sales in a musical genre that's all about credibility and coolness?