Author Topic: New 50 Cent interview: Olivia dropped, 50 mad at Buck, Cam, Youtube  (Read 2296 times)

eNgIeS

Re: New 50 Cent interview: Olivia dropped, 50 mad at Buck, Cam, Youtube
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2007, 01:56:19 AM »
If Buck parts ways with 50, it could be a bad move for G-Unit, as Buck just put out the best album on that label since Beg 4 Mercy.
2 words
The Documentary

Narrator

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2007, 02:21:48 AM »
If you were 50 Cents situation you'd be high on yourself too. Money does that to people, all "newer" artists who hit it big act like their the shit, they act like their the richest greatest rapper on the planet. 5 or 10 years from now 50 will modest up and stop his arrogance.

LOL, if 50's smart (which clearly, he ain't), he'll modest up NOW.  Hip-hop sales overall are falling, and G-Unit is obviously not an exception to this, which is why 50 running his mouth like a dumbfuck is only gonna hurt himself and his label even more.  50 Cent's situation right now is that his street cred and his popularity are taking major blows...5 or 10 years from now, G-Unit is going to be done, for all intents and purposes.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2007, 02:48:05 AM »
50 talks so much gibberish, it's not even funny. Dude says he's tired of carrying G-Unit on his back, but with all his burnt bridges, how the hell are they supposed to put together an album without him? He pretty much backed his entire squad into the corner and the only reason they still sell reasonably well is because of 50. Now he's getting pissed off at Buck for trying to improve his position in the rap game. Fuckin' ridiculous.

a) If you are refering to sales: Its a normal process, they had a great run for 3,4 years. The history repeats (Death Row, No Limit)

How are you gonna compare Death Row to G-Unit? 50 is the only reason G-Unit is successful AT ALL. The ONLY reason Death Row failed was because 2pac died and Suge was fuckin' up. Everyone on the DR roster was able to push a good amount of units on their own without one major star on half the tracks AND they were only gaining popularity as time progressed even without Dre. Plus, all 50 ever talks about on tracks are money and bitches like he's the Bill Gates of rap. He's a small time player in the whole scheme of things, where as DR was a dynasty that made some of the best music of the genre, and that will forever stand.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2007, 04:53:03 AM »
Im laughing reading some people replays here. People fail to realise yet again, this is probably another promotional stunt from 50.

Hes the topic on every forum, hes got the I-couldnt-care-less-about-50-and-his-wack-music types (Jrome) checking for his every move, analyzing his every word. And thats exactly what he wants.

50 is even a homo now for setting a certain release date. Ahh, gotta love the internet.

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2007, 05:08:47 AM »
If buck gets kicked from G-Unit.. haha damn wouldn't that be a bitch! I could see alot of g-unit haters liking buck if that happened
A lot of people (includng people on this forum) like Young Buck, despite there negative feeling towards G-Unit. He is (or was) the most talented rapper on the label.

Exactly

I've always liked Buck and thought he was the most talented out of G-Unit artists.. I've never liked Yayo or Banks.. so yea I think it's great if Buck can leave G-Unit and make his own album.. if he teams up with dudes like Chamillionare, Lil Flip etc.. from the south he could sell even more than he would with 50.

ABN

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2007, 05:33:35 AM »
this is the best thing that could possible happen for Buck. if he keeps it up he´ll be able to jump off a fast sinking ship and he´s got potential to be just as successful on his own coz he keeps it real with most people. wonder what he´s gonna do about his "G-Unit South" tattoo on both of his hands though lol.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2007, 07:14:11 AM »
And go where ? He wont do better numbers anywhere else. People seem to forget that the whole industry is flopping not just GUnit records.

ABN

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2007, 08:36:57 AM »
And go where ? He wont do better numbers anywhere else. People seem to forget that the whole industry is flopping not just GUnit records.
i´d head to Universal if i was Buck, or Geffen. Geffen´s atleast putting out a lot of succesful acts(compared to the numbers that most people put up). and dude´s got more charisma and is a more likeable person then anyone in G-Unit including 50. and Buck keeps it 100, if y´all seen the trailor of his upcoming reality show y´all know what i´m talking about.

Al Bundy

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2007, 10:45:32 AM »
Oh yeah I forgot to say

BON VOYAGE OLIVER!!

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2007, 11:10:46 AM »
I hope Buck get dropped.

kemizt

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2007, 12:37:33 PM »
Buck is smart.  Not for some allegiance w/ Game, but because he can still have a career post G-Unit, where Banks & Yayo will have nothing.  He still has potential to sell some records.

And 50 saying he's not helping out the clique anymore and Olivia getting dropped are MAJOR.  I'd be willing to bet that Interscope is not willing to put money into these projects as G-Unit sales have continually declined. 

And LOL @ 50 acting like he was helping everyone out w/ their albums out of the kindness of his heart.  I GUARANTEE he was caking more % wise on G-Unit affiliate albums than his own albums.  He's the fucking idiot for branding the fuck out of any and everything he could get his name on.  It's called oversaturation - but 50 thought he was sooo big that he was above that.  What a fucking idiot - and people think he's a good business man.

I'm also laughin at the release date of his 4th album to be on the anniversary of GRODT.  This homo is nothing but hype.  Just put out a decent fucking album and let it speak for itself. 

best post i've read in like 2 years. other than the ones i post ofcourse.

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2007, 12:51:28 PM »
- 50's interview sounds like G-Unit had a intervention meeting with 50 Cent and it just went bad.. Sounds like they trying to tell him something that he doesn't want to hear.

-LOL @ 50 for saying that Cam'ron lost... Cam'ron's phone conversation and song stated the very obvious of G-Unit.

-What 50 doesn't realize is that he backed G-Unit into a corner. Hip Hop has ALWAYS been about networking and branching out to other artists.. One thing the media always portrays rappers as self destructive, violent, bad people.. but they never point out the fact that the genre of music has more collaborations than other genre of music..   Anyways, G-Unit doesn't have the network AND the internal talent to put out great albums. They sell b/c of 50's drama and his affilation. He never showcased their true talents.  Young Buck is smart, he sees this and that is why he is trying to build his own network.

-50 Cent is a horrible record exec. As a musician/record exec, you'll have to do sacrafices to make your business strong. You don't see Dr Dre complaining that Detox was delayed b/c of his constant work on Game, 50, Jay-z, Etc etc's album.. You don't see Snoop saying that he's tired of working with Daz and Kurupt.. You don't see Eminem telling D12 to make theiir own careers.. It's just stupidity. He puts his own people in a bad situation and by airing out the dirty laundry of G-Unit, Young Buck, Sha Money is just stupid and disrespectful.

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »
I like curtis is so rattled by cam using his first name that he's actually changing his album name now to try and shake it. CUURRRRTTTIIISS!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 02:13:16 PM by $$$Date Rapist$$$ »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2007, 02:04:53 PM »
- 50's interview sounds like G-Unit had a intervention meeting with 50 Cent and it just went bad.. Sounds like they trying to tell him something that he doesn't want to hear.

-LOL @ 50 for saying that Cam'ron lost... Cam'ron's phone conversation and song stated the very obvious of G-Unit.

-What 50 doesn't realize is that he backed G-Unit into a corner. Hip Hop has ALWAYS been about networking and branching out to other artists.. One thing the media always portrays rappers as self destructive, violent, bad people.. but they never point out the fact that the genre of music has more collaborations than other genre of music..   Anyways, G-Unit doesn't have the network AND the internal talent to put out great albums. They sell b/c of 50's drama and his affilation. He never showcased their true talents.  Young Buck is smart, he sees this and that is why he is trying to build his own network.

-50 Cent is a horrible record exec. As a musician/record exec, you'll have to do sacrafices to make your business strong. You don't see Dr Dre complaining that Detox was delayed b/c of his constant work on Game, 50, Jay-z, Etc etc's album.. You don't see Snoop saying that he's tired of working with Daz and Kurupt.. You don't see Eminem telling D12 to make theiir own careers.. It's just stupidity. He puts his own people in a bad situation and by airing out the dirty laundry of G-Unit, Young Buck, Sha Money is just stupid and disrespectful.

Hold on now. How is 50 a horrible record exec. ? He might not be the best but hes definetly one of the best. Look what he did in 3 years. He gave all his homeboys a chance to release an album on a major labels, expanded his brand to work with his rolemodels Mobb Deep and M.O.P., brought Games career to life, has his vater, condoms.. Sure he made some mistakes but let me ask you this : what did Luda do with DTP ? Busta with Flimpode ? Jadakiss with DBlock ? Game with Blackwallstreet ? Jayz with Bleek ? Fat Joe with Terror Squad ? Eminem only released the group album on major and let their solos be released on some crappy indy label. Dre aint complaining ? Have you forgoten how many artists he dropped over the years ? Even Snoop who has a major pull in the industry fucked Daz, Kurpt and Soopa several times.

To say 50 is bad bussinesman is plain silly. Maybe in the real world yes but around these dumb rappers he Bill Gates. Every rapper has a chance to bring up their group, only few of them succed.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2007, 06:13:00 PM »
Im laughing reading some people replays here. People fail to realise yet again, this is probably another promotional stunt from 50.

Hes the topic on every forum, hes got the I-couldnt-care-less-about-50-and-his-wack-music types (Jrome) checking for his every move, analyzing his every word. And thats exactly what he wants.

50 is even a homo now for setting a certain release date. Ahh, gotta love the internet.

Listen kid, i'm really getting annoyed with having to point this out to you.  It might be time for some ritalin. Seriously.  I'm a MUSIC fan - you can check my collection: I have Hip Hop, R&B, Pop, Metal, Grunge, Folk, Easy Listening, Disco, Funk, New Wave, Jazz, Country, Techno, House, etc etc etc. (and yes J Bananas that sentence is worthy of some clowning but ain't no shame in my game  8))  Every genre has dope shit and thats why I really only categorize music into 2 sections: Dope & Wack.  And because I'm passionate and conscious about MUSIC, I pay every bit as much attention to what is dope as to what is wack.  I don't continually bump wack shit, but I discuss it ALL THE FUCKING TIME because I want people to understand what is real and what isn't, and why (in my opinion). 

When did I say I don't care about 50?  I've repeatedly said I can't wait to hear what he brings this time around.  His album dropping this year will arguably be the most important one dropped this year.  But PLEASE don't twist that into me saying it will be the biggest or the best.  It will be an excellent barometer of where hip hop is and where it is heading.  It can't drop soon enough in my mind.