Author Topic: New 50 Cent interview: Olivia dropped, 50 mad at Buck, Cam, Youtube  (Read 2297 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: New 50 Cent interview: Olivia dropped, 50 mad at Buck, Cam, Youtube
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2007, 01:27:56 AM »
what the fuck does it mean that 50 gets credited for that shit? does that mean he gets paid? he can get all the youtube credits he want, does that shit mean he gets paid for every youtube thing or what? I want a rapper that finished college, fuck kanye for making dropping out of college seeming cool. we want defari.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2007, 07:34:41 AM »
Hes the topic on every forum, hes got the I-couldnt-care-less-about-50-and-his-wack-music types (Jrome) checking for his every move, analyzing his every word. And thats exactly what he wants.

But you are the one posting every single move from him.

BTW +1 to Jrome, like Rik said "I love it"

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2007, 08:17:51 AM »
- 50's interview sounds like G-Unit had a intervention meeting with 50 Cent and it just went bad.. Sounds like they trying to tell him something that he doesn't want to hear.

-LOL @ 50 for saying that Cam'ron lost... Cam'ron's phone conversation and song stated the very obvious of G-Unit.

-What 50 doesn't realize is that he backed G-Unit into a corner. Hip Hop has ALWAYS been about networking and branching out to other artists.. One thing the media always portrays rappers as self destructive, violent, bad people.. but they never point out the fact that the genre of music has more collaborations than other genre of music..   Anyways, G-Unit doesn't have the network AND the internal talent to put out great albums. They sell b/c of 50's drama and his affilation. He never showcased their true talents.  Young Buck is smart, he sees this and that is why he is trying to build his own network.

-50 Cent is a horrible record exec. As a musician/record exec, you'll have to do sacrafices to make your business strong. You don't see Dr Dre complaining that Detox was delayed b/c of his constant work on Game, 50, Jay-z, Etc etc's album.. You don't see Snoop saying that he's tired of working with Daz and Kurupt.. You don't see Eminem telling D12 to make theiir own careers.. It's just stupidity. He puts his own people in a bad situation and by airing out the dirty laundry of G-Unit, Young Buck, Sha Money is just stupid and disrespectful.

Hold on now. How is 50 a horrible record exec. ? He might not be the best but hes definetly one of the best. Look what he did in 3 years. He gave all his homeboys a chance to release an album on a major labels, expanded his brand to work with his rolemodels Mobb Deep and M.O.P., brought Games career to life, has his vater, condoms.. Sure he made some mistakes but let me ask you this : what did Luda do with DTP ? Busta with Flimpode ? Jadakiss with DBlock ? Game with Blackwallstreet ? Jayz with Bleek ? Fat Joe with Terror Squad ? Eminem only released the group album on major and let their solos be released on some crappy indy label. Dre aint complaining ? Have you forgoten how many artists he dropped over the years ? Even Snoop who has a major pull in the industry fucked Daz, Kurpt and Soopa several times.

To say 50 is bad bussinesman is plain silly. Maybe in the real world yes but around these dumb rappers he Bill Gates. Every rapper has a chance to bring up their group, only few of them succed.

Yes. He's a horrible record executive. And just to give you a little bit of education, you can be great at one point in time, and horrible in another part of time.. See Suge Knight.

His latest interview pretty much truimps everything that you just posted. I mean, if he was doing so much better than DTP, Flipmode, Blackwallstreet, then we wouldn't be having this conversation and he wouldn't be going on interviews talking about he was no longer going to 'hold his artists hands while sacraficing his music career'. I'm sure 50 Cent appreciates your optomistic view of the things he says, but from a business and career standpoint, this is not good news. You remind me of the people who actually believed Suge Knight filing bankruptcy was a good thing. G-Unit's success came from 50's popularity. People bought G-Unit related albums as an extention of 50 Cent's own work. It's obvious that 50's oversaturated the market and his affilation doesn't sell anymore.

I know you are a pro-50 fan. But please acknowledge the sillyness of 50's move. 50 isolates G-Unit to a very small network of artists and producers that they are allowed be cool/work with, now he tells them that he won't work with them and they have to go out and make their own music.. It's ridicolous man. I wouldn't be suprised if they had to carry a constantly updated list of artists that 50 is not cool with.

XaNdEr

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2007, 09:41:02 AM »
They probably lost lets say 2 fans because Game left but Game lost 20 you get my point ?

My point is Game had litle to do with it, as will Cam, Fat Joe, Nas... point is beef doesnt end shit. All people that are saying 50 ended Ja Rules career are idiots. Ja ended his career. It was normal that GUnit as a group wouldnt have the sucess like they did the 1st time, they rode 50s name and 50s not untouchable anymore.

Plus nobody is selling shit these days anyways.

Damn man +1 for speaking truth.

Nobody can kill anyones carreers, lol @ the people wh oactually believe in that. Ja Rule put out wack stuff, then he got in the news on the negative side (in the 50 beef) and things just went downhill.

Game put out all these mixtapes, to kill G-Unit? lol, to get money, fools. Its just business man, you think 50 or Buck or Banks or Yayo or anyone on this world cares what Game's personal life is and who he beefs with, if you care about that, then you have lost reality for sure.

If you judge music, then dont drag beefs in it, but just listen to the music. Its just a lot of these cats on this forum are really upset with g-unit so before anything drops its fuck G-Unit, G-unoooooot, Gay-Unit, blablabla, they say the albums are wack before they even listened to it, and then try to spread that opinion (which is based on nothing but prejudices and are not objective at all) like theyre some preachers.

My personal opinion is that they relied on 50 Cent's name and fame too much, and now that they have to stand alone (like 50 said in the interview) and deliver, you can see who can deliver or not. Buck hold his own on Buck The World, and he got many Southern connects (Bun B, Eightball & MJG, Jazze Pha, T.I., Young Jeezy etc.) who back him up. Banks on the other hand dont got many others to rely on, so now that he has to do things alone he will fail. Rotten Apple was cool, but a few NY features on it wouldnt be bad, but G-Unit got way too many beefs to easily get some rappers to star on their records.

Lets see what happens when 50 and Yayo drop their next albums, that will determine their future.

Btw, i think Young Buck is gonna leave G-Unit soon.

On a side note, i think Spider Loc will get dropped soon, i dont see him putting out a album anytime soon anyways. Maybe he can join Buck's G-Unit south records when Buck get kicked from the Unit.

Elevz

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2007, 03:17:13 PM »
they say the albums are wack before they even listened to it, and then try to spread that opinion (which is based on nothing but prejudices and are not objective at all) like theyre some preachers.

Hello! ...You're talking about OPINIONS. How is any opinion ever going to be OBJECTIVE?

Buck hold his own on Buck The World, and he got many Southern connects who back him up.

You're tapping from a fresh cask of contradictions, aren't you?

Nobody can kill anyones carreers, lol @ the people wh oactually believe in that.

I hope you don't mind ME laughing at YOU here. You don't have to be an experienced psychologist to be conscious of the fact influence is all around us, even when we don't actively realise it's there. Now you tell me, how is a rapper discrediting another rapper NOT going to hurt his sales in a musical genre that's all about credibility and coolness?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2007, 03:27:42 PM »
proverbs you said rap has more collaboration than any genre....a rock band is automatically 3-6 cats...that's way more collaboration than a rapper and a producer(of course your whole point was all the collabs they do). My point is....rap and rock are equally collaborative music. Rock is not more collaborative than rap but rap is not more collaborative than rock.

furthermore, I have to admit....G Unit's 3-4 yearsof success is best compared to DR. But what do they have in common. Doc muthafuckin' Dre "How could I not go platinum rappin' on Dre hits?" G Unit's success is just an extension of Aftermath's post SSLP success. Are their ANY multiplatinum G unit albums that are not on aftermath/exec prod. by Dre? Didn't think so. It's all part of a bigger pattern: Dre makes millions since N.W.A case closed. when 50's gone, Dre will be blowing someone else the fuck up.I just hope they are dope and worth it unlike 50. People will probably call me a dick rider for this, but I fail to see the flaw in my logic here.

also, get off TTK's case about posting 50 news. someone's gonna post the news, would you guys rather we didn't know about shit like the cam beef and this? shit is entertaining.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Elevz

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2007, 03:31:14 PM »
also, get off TTK's case about posting 50 news. someone's gonna post the news, would you guys rather we didn't know about shit like the cam beef and this? shit is entertaining.

Thing is, he says this

Im laughing reading some people replays here. People fail to realise yet again, this is probably another promotional stunt from 50.

Hes the topic on every forum, hes got the I-couldnt-care-less-about-50-and-his-wack-music types (Jrome) checking for his every move, analyzing his every word. And thats exactly what he wants.

He created the thread, and we're idiots for responding to it?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2007, 03:32:48 PM »

Thing is, he says this

Im laughing reading some people replays here. People fail to realise yet again, this is probably another promotional stunt from 50.

He created the thread, and we're idiots for "making" him create this thread?

he wouldn't have called anyone idiots if he wasn't dissed first. I'm the same way I have to admit, i avoid dissing but if you say some shit to me and I have something to say back then I may say it you know? i got love for both of you, I'm just saying I think he's legit in posting hip hop news in outbound.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Elevz

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2007, 03:35:54 PM »
^^ Damn right he's legit for doing that, and in fact I'm thankful for it. It's just that I don't see why he should continue at all times posting complaints at our opinions and attitudes, as if it's our mission to bash his favorite rappers no matter what. At the end of the day there's no sense in it.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2007, 03:38:35 PM »
^^ Damn right he's legit for doing that, and in fact I'm thankful for it. It's just that I don't see why he should continue at all times posting complaints at our opinions and attitudes, as if it's our mission to bash his favorite rappers no matter what. At the end of the day there's no sense in it.

well i'll defend dre when people bash him, just to state both sides of the issue, not to diss anyone so I can see that...it's kinda just how he perceives the attitudes that he's expressing and it's kinda cool that he allows you to see that and reply to it...but eh, this can go on forever, I see both sides, +1 to all. peace-T

westcoastavengers.com

XaNdEr

« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2007, 01:19:02 AM »
they say the albums are wack before they even listened to it, and then try to spread that opinion (which is based on nothing but prejudices and are not objective at all) like theyre some preachers.

Hello! ...You're talking about OPINIONS. How is any opinion ever going to be OBJECTIVE?

Buck hold his own on Buck The World, and he got many Southern connects who back him up.

You're tapping from a fresh cask of contradictions, aren't you?

Nobody can kill anyones carreers, lol @ the people wh oactually believe in that.

I hope you don't mind ME laughing at YOU here. You don't have to be an experienced psychologist to be conscious of the fact influence is all around us, even when we don't actively realise it's there. Now you tell me, how is a rapper discrediting another rapper NOT going to hurt his sales in a musical genre that's all about credibility and coolness?

I know opinions arent objective. Thats why i said it, people going around saying everything from G-Unit (or any group/rappers thats hated on) is wack while in truth they havent even listened to it at all, the nonsense thats coming out their mouths is NOT objective at all, and youre basically agreeing with me on that, so why post... :-\

Plus Buck hold his own on Buck The World, AND he has southern cats to back him up, meaning hes not a isolated rapper like for example Banks, who i doubt can get many features. He has backing of the south, and that is showcased on Buck The World, plus he hold his own on the album, dont read what you want to read, but instead read what i said.  :-X

Last point. It is like i say youre a wack muthafucka, who isnt keeping it "real". YTou think everyone on this board will change their opinion? I dont think so, everyone is smart enough to think for themselves before they just say what someone else says, and if not ,theyre haters, simple. Same with rap, if game calls 50 a snitch there's bound to be a lot of Game dickriders who say 50 Snitch blablabla. But wait til you ask them why he is a snitch, thats when they dont know a answer.

That is what i mean, nobody can shut down anyone's career by dissing them, it is a persoanl fued, and if you want to pick a side in the beef, youre pathetic and dont care about the music. So you actually dont enjoy G-Unit music anymore ever since Game made disstracks against them?

You cant say "yes" to that since that makes you a hater, but a lot of cats on here would say yes if they were truly honest. G-Unit doing their thing, Game does his thing, why break your head over beefs, just enjoy the music.  8)

With that being said, CHUUUCH and +1 for replying.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2007, 01:23:35 AM »
Im still drunk from yesterday, so Im gonna be short. Somebody said something in the words of "well why is he posting all his stuff then...". Well, thats because Im a fan. Its more normal for fans to post "his every move" than some haters.

And somebody said how 50 did good for GUnit but also bad now. Well Im saying at least he did something! 99% of groups dont even get the chance of releasing an actuall album. Take Game for example he was to obssesd withh dissing GUnit, instead of creating a label for BWS. You see my point ? 50s not a great bussinesman but compared to other rappers, he is.

Anyways, back to my beauty sleep  :P
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 01:26:48 AM by Timbo the king »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2007, 01:30:05 AM »
props to elevz, timbo, and xander

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Elevz

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2007, 02:27:32 AM »
I know opinions arent objective. Thats why i said it, people going around saying everything from G-Unit (or any group/rappers thats hated on) is wack while in truth they havent even listened to it at all, the nonsense thats coming out their mouths is NOT objective at all, and youre basically agreeing with me on that, so why post... :-\

Nah, basically we didn't agree: I don't think there's a lot of people judging music before they've even heard it, and I don't think any opinion coming out of anyone's mouth could ever possibly be objective.

Let Wiktionary help us out here on the definitions of objective and subjective:

subjective: adjective (comparative more subjective, superlative most subjective)
Formed, as in opinions, based upon subjective feelings or intuition, not upon observation or reasoning, which can be influenced by preconception; coming more from within the observer rather than from observations of the external environment.

objective: adjective (comparative more objective, superlative most objective)
Not influenced by the emotions or prejudices, based on observed facts.

You see? Anyone ever judging anything will always be subjective. That's all I'm saying - you can't ask someone to judge objectively, because objective opinions are nonexistent.

Plus Buck hold his own on Buck The World, AND he has southern cats to back him up, meaning hes not a isolated rapper like for example Banks, who i doubt can get many features. He has backing of the south, and that is showcased on Buck The World, plus he hold his own on the album, dont read what you want to read, but instead read what i said.  :-X

I read what you said, and I noticed a strong contradiction in the actual words you used :D
I know what you mean tho.. Buck doesn't necessarily need G-Unit. Whether that's true, I don't know (I've only heard bits of Buck The World so I'm not judging it), but I'll take your subjective analysis for it ;)

Last point. It is like i say youre a wack muthafucka, who isnt keeping it "real". YTou think everyone on this board will change their opinion? I dont think so, everyone is smart enough to think for themselves before they just say what someone else says, and if not ,theyre haters, simple. Same with rap, if game calls 50 a snitch there's bound to be a lot of Game dickriders who say 50 Snitch blablabla. But wait til you ask them why he is a snitch, thats when they dont know a answer.

That's the conscious mind you're referring to. I agree with that.

That is what i mean, nobody can shut down anyone's career by dissing them, it is a persoanl fued, and if you want to pick a side in the beef, youre pathetic and dont care about the music. So you actually dont enjoy G-Unit music anymore ever since Game made disstracks against them?

Do you want a humble answer? YES. Around that time was the last time I enjoyed a new G-Unit release.

It may or it may not have had something to do with Game's disses - to hell, I don't know. What I do know is that I haven't enjoyed N.W.A's music any more ever since either. To say people are pathetic for taking sides in beef - that's a bold statement. It may not seem 'right' to do so, but it's only natural. Don't you feel stronger affection to one football team compared to the other? Isn't that the exact same thing? If that's to be rejected, why bother dressing up in all orange by the time our national football team attends a big international tournament?

People have feelings about what they see and what surrounds them. Music, culture, life... Whether it be consciously or unconsciously, it's affecting us.

So you actually dont enjoy G-Unit music anymore ever since Game made disstracks against them? You cant say "yes" to that since that makes you a hater, but a lot of cats on here would say yes if they were truly honest. G-Unit doing their thing, Game does his thing, why break your head over beefs, just enjoy the music.  8)

Before those disses I was bigger on Game than afterwards, but I thought 300 Bars was solid. I'm not sure how much Game's diss tracks actually had to do with it, but it's a sure thing I haven't really enjoyed G-Unit's music ever since. It may have been just me turning my back on gangerrap as a whole, but consciously I don't know the true reasons for it. Perhaps Game did shoot a hole in their credibility and respect. Perhaps that does influence the way you honestly feel about the music after all. That's something that's going on behind those closed doors inside your mind, so you won't know what processes took place there.

That's all that I'm saying. Anyone with guts won't allow a rapper to blindly make them change their opinion. If Game calls 50 a snitch, you'd have to be damn near stupid to say "Okay, because Game says so, that means it's true." But what's the actual impact of a solid diss track?

XaNdEr

« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2007, 02:43:25 AM »
1. I didnt know you was from here too.
2. You abandoned gansgterrap yet you like game  :-\

anyways, im a fan of vitesse  8) 8)