Author Topic: Quik vs. Eiht - interesting read  (Read 1482 times)

westside159

Re: Quik vs. Eiht - interesting read
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2007, 05:38:18 PM »
i like def wish 2 better then dollars and sense

"EIHT HATES PUNK AZZ PERM WEARIN PUSSYS"
great line

i love all that screemi nat the start with al pacino and the goodfellers part
word. its some vicious shit. eiht kills it. i mean dollars and sense is some smooth shit but def wish 2 is some death threat shit.

i heard DJ Quik didn't even write dollaz & sense.

i think its fact although i dont hold it against quik. look at dre.

MC Eiht Line - Death threatz album -   Cant fade it better fear it , got 1 of your lil b.g'z to write your fuccin lyric's """  KILLED QUIKS CAREER GEAH NIGGA REAL COMPTON !!!!!!!!!! 8) 8)

AND THATS ALL FOLKS FOR QUIK'S GANGSTA RAP CAREER , and i used to love Dj Quik's music but he went soft !!!!!! Too BAD , HE WAS DOPE !

LOL, really? Look at Eiht's career since "Dollaz & Sense". That boy hasn't had 1 hit record. And yeah, Quik MAY not have written the diss, but his ghostwriter is better than Eiht imo. Quik sells WAAAY more, has more hits, better guests and better production of course. Seriously, Eiht's career as a relevant rapper died 11 years ago. Now, he has put out a few good records, but when you look at the fact that he's put out about 20 cd's in the last 10 years, and only 1-2 were even decent, you tell me who won.

Most of the rappers from the 90's attepted to make there sound more current in the last 5-6 years or so. DJ Quik is one artist who can do this and do it well, Eiht has not. He hasn't matured at all, if anything his lyrics have gotten worse. It almost seems like he's stuck in the 90's and if he had taken more time with his records in the 00's instead of putting out a ton of crap, it would have bettered his career. Not that he didn't try to be more current, he just failed miserably. Same thing happened to Spice 1, C-Bo, etc. etc. I mean being 40 years old and still talking about "busting caps" and whatnot is NOT cool.

NO HITS - HAVE YOU HEARD HIS NEW ALBUM DUMMY NIGGA , OR ARE YOU A WHITE BOY THAT DONT NO SHIT ABOUT HIP HOP MUSIC DUMB ASS , STEP YOUR GAME UP MAN  EIHT IS STILL DOIN IT BIG AND QUIKS IS A HAS BEEN ON THMIC ,AND MUSIC , STOP JOCCING QUIK ON HIS PAST SHIT AND LETS GETS SOME NEW SHIT PUMPING DUMMY !!!!!!!!

2006 - AFFILIATED - ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS OD 2006 BY MANY HIP HOP CRITICS DUMMY !!!!!!!!!!!   CHECC YOU FACTS BEFORE YOU SAY STUPIDE SHIT PUNK !!!!!!!!   GEAH  REAL COMPTON FOOL  DEF WISH ALL DAY SINCE YALL WANNA START SOME SHIT

DONT FUCC WITH EIHT - OOOOH , OOH ,OOOH ,   DONT FUCC WITH EIHT , !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2007, 05:54:39 PM »
I'm sorry, but could you refresh my memory and tell me what "hit singles" MC Eiht has had since "Straight up Menace"? LOL.

Also, please show me more than 1 credible critic who said that Affiliated was one of 06's best. If youre gonna dickride a recent Eiht album, dickride the one that came out in 04, that was the only good release since 96, fact.

I'm done with you until you can present a real argument with facts, and also until u adress the fact that you define the phrase "dick-riiiiider"

westside159

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2007, 03:17:23 PM »
MC Eiht -  DEATH THREATZ 96 '  WAS THE YEAR THAT ENDED QUIK'S GANGSTA RAP CAREER !!!!!!!!

1. COLLECT THE STRIPEZ = CLASSIC

2. DEF WISH (TAP THAT AZZ) =  PUT QUIK BACC IN HIS LIL PLACE

3. RUN 4 YOUR LIFE = `100% GANGSTA

4. KILLIN NIGGUZ =  CLASSIC

5.YOU CANT SEE ME = ANOTHER CLASSIC , DISS

Dopeisjay

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2007, 03:51:25 PM »
He didnt end Quik's ganxta rap career!.. Quik felt he had to move on as a musician..  as a matter of fact Quik.. killed eiht with dollaz & sence!.. that was it right there.. but eiht  just didnt want to give up.. so Quik was like.. ahhh Fuck this dude.. he aint gonna give up.. so he just ignored eiht and continued to produce hit's..

drakeshakenbake

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2007, 02:57:01 PM »
I thought it was kind of contradictory of Quik to diss Eith over his "misspelled name", I mean, Quik is also misspelled :P .. Great diss track nonetheless! And to me, Quik always seemed to be the one rapper who actually was a gangmember, In the way that he never really shouts out blood or nothing, but you still see him with the red rag. Some other rappers are crip walking and "cacripin" all the time, but then they get exposed as fake. Sup with that`?

westside159

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2007, 04:25:13 PM »

but i make the papper like a mother fucker

You should show Eiht how to do that.
Maybe then he won't have to release 5 LPs each year.
Props to Eiht for sticking to reality rap, telling us how he's really living, but I've got to admit I'm getting tired of hearing how broke he is. I wish he made some money so he could start rapping about something else.  :)

Broke ??  MENACE II SOCIETY = ONE OF THE BIGGEST GANGSTA MOVIES EVER ,

BOYZ N THA HOOD = CLASSIC SONG ON IT

WE COME STRAPPED - PLATINUM

MUSIC II DRIVEBY - CLASSIC

THICKER THAN WATER -

OWNS HIS OWN LABEL

RHYME & REASON

NEW JERSEY DRIVE -

TALES FROM THE HOOD

ON COUNTLESS SPICE 1 ALBUMS

BROTHA LYNCH HUNG & MC EIHT

COMPTONS MOST WANTED ALBUMS

DFC - HELPED PRODUCE

NEW ALBUM - AFFILIATED - BLOWING UP BIG !!!!!!!!!!!!!

CANDY - BIG HIT

THA WARZONE - WITH SNOOP

STILL TO COME - STILL DRIVEBY MUSIC 07   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dopeisjay

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2007, 07:47:40 PM »
Candy wasnt that big.. its decent but not big.. the recent big songs were "I wanna fuck u" "Go getta" "im'a Flirt.. "Can u werk wit dat".. those are song's that are considered big! "Candy didnt help snoop.. but yeah i heard eiht was broke too.. cuz i heard he was stayin at snoops house.. thats what i read on MC Eihts wikipedia.. check it out

Aaron Tyler (born May 22, 1967 in Compton, California) is an American rapper better known by his stage name MC Eiht.

Career
A pioneer of gangsta rap, he first emerged as one of the lead rappers of Compton's Most Wanted (CMW), and later became an actor and solo MC. He is best known in the acting world for his role as "A-Wax" in The Hughes Brothers' film Menace II Society, and for providing the voice of Ryder in the video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. CMW is set for a reunion which will feature on DJ Slip's next album The Minority Report. MC Eiht also had a role in 1998's movie, Thicker than Water as Lil Ant with Mack 10, Fat Joe, Ice Cube, WC, CJ Mac, Big Pun, and Cypress Hill's B-Real. his most famous songs would  likely be Straight Up Menace from the motion picture Menace II Society. This song is considered by many to be his best song ever. He is best known for his catchphrase "Geyyeahh".

DJ Quik and MC Eiht constantly dissed each other while both had growing popularity at the time. The feud was fueled when DJ Quik gave shout outs to C.M.W on an early mixtape, and MC Eiht interpreted it as a diss, they say he may have been jealous because of Rival DJ Quik was making a buzz in compton,  Eiht also had ties to the Crips (he is a member of Tragniew Park Compton Crips) while Quik had ties to the Bloods (he is a member of Tree Top Piru another gang from Compton). The beef was ended when eiht was residing over at snoop dogg's house, and from there snoop got eiht and quik together and they squashed the beef that had brewed for many years. MC Eiht can be seen in the Wu-Tang Clan's video for "Can It All Be So Simple" and Ol' Dirty Bastard's shimmy shimmy ya and the remix.

In recent years, MC Eiht's career in the rap game has declined,ever since former Rival DJ Quik dissed him with Dollaz & Sence,  since than MC Eiht has become involved in a number of side projects when he is not releasing solo albums - including two collaboration albums with Spice 1 (The Pioneers and *Keep It Gangsta in 2004 and 2006, respectively), a record with Brotha Lynch Hung (The New Season in 2006), and another Compton's Most Wanted album (Music To Gang Bang, also in 2006). More recently, MC Eiht has begun working with Snoop Dogg, appearing on two songs from Snoop's new album Tha Blue Carpet Treatment and also participating in Snoop's side project Warzone along with Goldie Loc and Kam.

but i make the papper like a mother fucker

You should show Eiht how to do that.
Maybe then he won't have to release 5 LPs each year.
Props to Eiht for sticking to reality rap, telling us how he's really living, but I've got to admit I'm getting tired of hearing how broke he is. I wish he made some money so he could start rapping about something else.  :)

Broke ??  MENACE II SOCIETY = ONE OF THE BIGGEST GANGSTA MOVIES EVER ,

BOYZ N THA HOOD = CLASSIC SONG ON IT

WE COME STRAPPED - PLATINUM

MUSIC II DRIVEBY - CLASSIC

THICKER THAN WATER -

OWNS HIS OWN LABEL

RHYME & REASON

NEW JERSEY DRIVE -

TALES FROM THE HOOD

ON COUNTLESS SPICE 1 ALBUMS

BROTHA LYNCH HUNG & MC EIHT

COMPTONS MOST WANTED ALBUMS

DFC - HELPED PRODUCE

NEW ALBUM - AFFILIATED - BLOWING UP BIG !!!!!!!!!!!!!

CANDY - BIG HIT

THA WARZONE - WITH SNOOP

STILL TO COME - STILL DRIVEBY MUSIC 07   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dclee

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2007, 08:19:13 PM »
i got love for both Eiht and Quik.

BG Dresta

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2007, 10:01:21 PM »
i got love for both Eiht and Quik.

Yup, i dunno why fools wanna fight over another man...

westside159

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2007, 10:31:42 PM »
THA WHOLE POINT IS MC EIHT NEVER CHANGED HIS STYLE OF MUSIC AND QUIK WENT POP AND NEVER WENT GOLD WITH IT !!!!!!

Dopeisjay

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2007, 09:40:55 PM »
haha.. if u call "Rhythm-Al-Ism" pop?.. that went Gold.. i heard platinum.. but for sure it went gold.. and the reason why he never changed well dats kool.. but eiht hasnt had success.. in like woooo.. how long?.. haha..

westside159

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2008, 04:18:21 PM »
gyeah Dope interview  8) 8)  Nuthin but High

RickyknoCCout

• 'G'
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2008, 04:45:36 PM »
Old as thread

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!