Author Topic: Timbo predicted to do 140k  (Read 735 times)

MIAMI4LIFE

Timbo predicted to do 140k
« on: April 04, 2007, 02:58:45 PM »
http://hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news06598

April 4, 2007

Timbaland is ready to step out from his producer’s chair for a new solo album, which could just put him at #1 next week, according to reports from our crack-addled retail reporting network.
The much-in-demand hip-hop producer’s new Mosley Music Group/ Blackground / Interscope album, Timbaland Presents Shock Value, will challenge for the top spot on next week’s chart with a total approaching 140k, which should put it neck-and-cowboy hat with Tim McGraw for #1.

Three divas, one country, the others pop and R&B, could profit from strong Easter sales to challenge the two guys. SBMG Nashville chanteuse Martina McBride’s latest, Waking up Laughing, could have her doing just that next week, with a shot at 120k. Hollywood Records’ Hilary Duff is all grown up on Dignity, which is also heading towards 120k . Finally, Beyonce releases a deluxe version of her hit Music World/Columbia/CRG album, B’day, which should add 100-110k to her total, featuring the hot new duet with Shakira, “Beautiful Liar.”

Asylum rapper Paul Wall appears to be all up in your grill with an estimated first-week total of 80-90k for the Houston hip-hop star with the gold teeth’s aptly titled Get Money, Stay True album

Mercury Nashville’s Live at Texas Stadium, featuring country superstars Alan Jackson, George Strait and Jimmy Buffett, looks to be in the 50-55k range, the same total for bluegrass star Alison Krauss’ greatest hits album for Rounder, A Hundred Miles or More: A Collection

RCA’s southern rock critical darlings Kings of Leon return with the acclaimed Because of the Times, which seems headed for an impressive 40-45k in first-week sales.

Next Tuesday’s (4/10) releases include Cassadaga, the eagerly anticipated new album from Bright Eyes phenom Conor Oberst, on Omaha indie Saddle Creek.

The market was up almost 5% vs. last week, down over 15% vs. same week last year and now down between 16-17% year-to-date.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Timbo predicted to do 140k
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 03:04:06 PM »
Damn thats low. He has a cahnce of pulling an Akon though.

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 03:49:43 PM »
damn. Shocked at these numbers ???

especially since this album probably required a shit load of cash to make, this is probably gonna hurt a bit :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 06:00:46 PM »
Not surprised.  A crappy / cheesy / predictable ass album flopping again.  BRING SOMETHING NEW TO THE TABLE AND MAYBE PEOPLE WOULD BE INTERESTED.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 08:28:27 PM »
Not surprised.  A crappy / cheesy / predictable ass album flopping again.  BRING SOMETHING NEW TO THE TABLE AND MAYBE PEOPLE WOULD BE INTERESTED.

I ain't big on the album, but come on dude.

no doubt you know your hip-hop, but how you gonna say this ain't bringing nothin new 2 the table ???

this is like a mix of every genre wrapped in 1, and that shit don't happen no more
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 09:06:02 PM »

no doubt you know your hip-hop, but how you gonna say this ain't bringing nothin new 2 the table ???

this is like a mix of every genre wrapped in 1, and that shit don't happen no more

No, its really not.  Its a bunch of random big name features that are trying to get a fan or two from several different genres all backed by Timbaland beats.  Justin Timberlake sucks, Nelly Furtado was better before she tried to be on some Fergie / Gwen Stefani type shit.  Then you've got your token 50 cent feature.  Ooh, then Elton John, how deep.  A bunch of Tim beats featuring pretty much the biggest NAMES that are shoved down our throat by Interscope doesn't bring anything new to the table.  One joint w/ Magoo and Sebastian doesn't matter amongst all the other names.

I love Tim, and the vast majority of his beats are dope.  But I just hate the way this whole album is packaged and marketed.  It's just boring and predictable to me.  It seems way too slick and contrived.

rik

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 09:46:41 PM »
^ Couldn't agree more.

Narrator

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 02:08:54 AM »
I suppose it's not TOO surprising given that none of the singles have become big hits yet (though I think that would change if a video for "Way You Are" came out).  But yeah, just goes to show you how far hip-hop sales have fallen (even if this album isn't 100% hip-hop).  All the flops last week (Buck included), now this...well, from a commercial standpoint at least, hip-hop really IS dead I guess.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 02:09:56 AM »
this album doesnt deserve high sales anyways.

Narrator

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 02:40:37 AM »
this album doesnt deserve high sales anyways.

And neither does anything Dipset puts out...oh, wait a minute, forgot, their sales aren't that high anyway.

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 03:34:23 AM »
buying music is a thing of the past i guess... :-\

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

Elevz

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 04:09:32 AM »

1. The album sounds like it was forced to be creative. Uninspired and all.
2. In general the sound isn't that much refreshing, compared to the stuff Timbaland's done over the past few years.
3. The quality is mediocre overall.

Got what it deserved.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 04:20:13 AM »
Everyone acts like it's platinum or nothing these days. Gold records used to be the standard up until the late 80s. Now everyone thinks you ain't shit unless you sell a bazillion records the first week. ::)

I haven't even download Tim's new album, and from the looks of the tracklist, I don't really feel compelled to either. I get enough of that bullshit listening to the radio. I expected Tim to do something other than slap some big names on the album and call it a day.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 04:23:26 AM »
^Well if some underground cat from Yukon, Canada does 140k first week, nobody gon' call it a flop. However, the budget for Timbaland's album was definitely higher than what they will gain through those sales lol.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 04:25:33 AM »
^Well if some underground cat from Yukon, Canada does 140k first week, nobody gon' call it a flop. However, the budget for Timbaland's album was definitely higher than what they will gain through those sales lol.

That just means Tim needs to try harder to impress fans and not the record execs. It's not my fault because I don't buy the record, it's Tim's fault because he isn't making his album compelling enough for me to check.