Author Topic: Timbo predicted to do 140k  (Read 732 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Timbo predicted to do 140k
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2007, 04:31:39 AM »
Well this is a pop-album. It's only associated with hip-hop because the face of the album is a black dude who used to produce rap records. The few rap tracks on it don't have usual rap beats, and are far from as good as Timbo's best rap beats imo. Lascivious pop-tracks is most of what this album is about.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

NeoSoul

• 'G'
  • Minutes To Midnight
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2007, 04:41:11 AM »
With most albums i hear these days the record dont match up with the hype. Its not what it couldve or shouldve been but its still entertaining so i bought it.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 04:53:32 AM »
Well this is a pop-album. It's only associated with hip-hop because the face of the album is a black dude who used to produce rap records. The few rap tracks on it don't have usual rap beats, and are far from as good as Timbo's best rap beats imo. Lascivious pop-tracks is most of what this album is about.

Exactly. He went too far out of his element. I expected to see a couple eyebrow raising features only because that's what I expect out of Tim, but the features aren't eyebrow raising, they are yawn inducing. All he did is go out a recruit artists who have moderate to great success amongst sales and radio plays only to try to produce a buzz for his own album.

But I don't want to be too critical about his album because Tim has been in the game a long time making music that is ahead of it's time. He has made enough good music in his day where he can make a shitty album and it doesn't matter too much to him. He's already makes more in a week than I do in a year, so I'm sure he isn't sweating it too much.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 05:19:54 AM »
Im getting so sick of everyone acting like women, complaining about everything. Some people arent satisfied with anything. Music is suppose to bring fun to your life, not make you some whining and despresed bitch.

If Nas dropped that whole Primo produced album, people would complain. If Snoop dropped the whole Dre produced album, people would complain. Nas dropped one of the best album in last 5 years with HHID, yet people still complained.

I mean, stop bitching about every little detail, stop making up this theories of conspiracy. Get a life.

ABN

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 05:27:05 AM »
Im getting so sick of everyone acting like women, complaining about everything. Some people arent satisfied with anything. Music is suppose to bring fun to your life, not make you some whining and despresed bitch.

If Nas dropped that whole Primo produced album, people would complain. If Snoop dropped the whole Dre produced album, people would complain. Nas dropped one of the best album in last 5 years with HHID, yet people still complained.

I mean, stop bitching about every little detail, stop making up this theories of conspiracy. Get a life.
i certainly hope you´re not comparing the Dre/Snoop combo and Premo/Nas combo to the wickedy wack combos on Timbo´s album lol. Tim´s beats are always banging but he´s really a subpar producer(producer, not beatmaker)and this album shows it. a producer is supposed to get the best outta the artists and Timbo actually managed to get the worst possible shit outta a bunch of wack artists.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2007, 05:40:55 AM »

I'm bring up a plausible reason why Timbo isn't selling and why I don't go out and buy the album, and all you are pretty much telling me is that I should just deal with the album being subpar. THAT is exactly the reason why record sales are down. There are no strategic features on the album AT ALL! They are just there to be big name features. If I want to buy a fuckin pop album, I'll go out get get a Danity Kane CD. Tim is not a pop artist and he shouldn't act like it. If you like the album that much, go out a buy 20 copies, cause I sure ain't buying it. This is my opinion. You can take it or leave it for all I care. I have every right to be critical about any album if I so choose.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 06:16:47 AM »

Dude, we cant help the fact you're hyped that fast. Soon as a beat is catchy you label it a classic.. It's good for you you're that easy satisfied, but some people demand a little more quality.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 06:19:11 AM by Piffmeister2K7 »

TRG

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 07:00:25 AM »
he might.. but see it more likely doin 120-30k

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 07:15:35 AM »
I wasnt talking about this cd.

Im talking about every rap cd released from 2002 with the exception of lets say 5 albums. All the rest got shitted on.

Folks still want the music from the 90s. Guess what, thats NEVER GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN. I dont even know what some dudes are even doing on this music forums. They dont like anything that drops. Why waste time ?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 07:18:35 AM by Timbo the king »

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2007, 08:03:38 AM »
If you look at Timbo's other first week sales I think this is comparable, I think his albums with Magoo went plat at the most so the first week sales are not that far off

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2007, 08:16:58 AM »
the beats are bangin, but lyrics, vocals n concepts of the songs are just blaaaah!

Elevz

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2007, 08:49:34 AM »

Oh, I'm sorry. I was listening to this album with my lady, and she thought three songs were alright, the rest bored her to death. I wouldn't dare calling her a critic, and she loves some of the stuff Timbaland did in the recent past. Face it, this album is NOT GOOD. Not enjoyable at all - you don't have to be critical to realise that.

I'll complain at anything if I feel the need. If Nas and Premo aren't living up to their expectations, damn right they should get hated on. Same thing with Snoop and Dre. Nas' latest album was praised a lot on here - I don't see why you're bringing that one up. It was seriously lacking to me personally, although Nas showed he could still spit. I thought it was one of the better albums of 2006, regardless of how flawed it was. Should I not speak my mind?

Apparently, some people have higher standards than others. I'm not the one to judge that.

I wasnt talking about this cd.

Im talking about every rap cd released from 2002 with the exception of lets say 5 albums. All the rest got shitted on.

Every single album has it's share of positive and negative criticism. You can't name me one album that hasn't been negatively criticised. To say everything gets shitted on, that's to put it in black and white. I have no doubt every member of this board will be able to mention a fair share of decent or enjoyable albums from the past 5 years. There might not be a general consensus on what's good and what's not, but you're putting things in black and white where they shouldn't be.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2007, 09:02:27 AM »
nas album was nice, but it was not amazing....nas still killing it on the mic, but i don't his progressed as a mc since gods son....but then i am not saying he fell off because nas been on top for a long ass time...i just do not think his come new recently....its difficult to explain.......no complaints about nas's album however....but what does nas have left to prove? nothing, its a weird situation to be in as a rapper...

about timbalands album, i think there are about 5-6 heated joints...with some more for production than a joint as a whole....i think he did well to be honest...i never felt timbaland would be able to release a complete album and he has not...but i think he had a good effort at showing he kinda ahead right now of alot of producers production wise....

about the 140k....not suprised....even if sales were good....timbaland never been one to push units....bitches don't buy shit from fat niggaz

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2007, 10:03:53 AM »
Elvez, it has nothing to do with this Timbaland album.

Looks like its just me whos seeing all the bitching on these boards. I just wish people wouldnt only pick the negative stuff and use it in every thread.

Who cares really, fuck it.

Elevz

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2007, 10:16:48 AM »
Looks like its just me whos seeing all the bitching on these boards. I just wish people wouldnt only pick the negative stuff and use it in every thread.

It's a message board - what did you expect? People here don't just listen to the music the radio presents them; they carefully decide what they like and what not. These people have formed opinions, they don't just swallow whatever they're fed. We choke on it.

Please remember, DubCC isn't a perfect thinslicing of the market. People here are way too distinct for that. It's only natural for an artist to be more criticised on a message board than in the streets. I don't consider it hating, and I don't consider it unfair. The fact is, my lady disliked most of Timbaland's album, and she's no critic, nor a hater. That's something to be taken seriously, and it's reflected in his album sales.

You see a lot of negativity, I see a lot of people with distinct opinions. That's quite a difference, but it's all good.