Author Topic: Timbo predicted to do 140k  (Read 738 times)

StevenQBosell

Re: Timbo predicted to do 140k
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2007, 11:58:28 AM »
yeah, the point of the board is to discuss the music.

Look I'll admit it, I'm a Puffy fan, and Puff gets shitted on all the time... That doesn't mean I have to defend him everywhere I go.

I understand that he doens't make bangers all the time, and if people want to say how much Puffs fallen off, more power to them. That doesn't mean I can't still enjoy Puff. It's really not that serious.

If I recall no one on here just said "Timbo's new album is garbage." Most people were on the tip of "I was expecting more" or "It just seemed a little too slick for me" - and btw those are valid thoughts. You may even say Timbo is a victim of his own success, a lot of people expect heat from him.

Elevz

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2007, 12:02:36 PM »
I didn't know Puffy has fans! Just out of curiousity, what's so good about Puffy?

rik

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2007, 12:04:36 PM »
Who cares really, fuck it.

Obviously you do.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2007, 12:15:37 PM »
I didn't know Puffy has fans! Just out of curiousity, what's so good about Puffy?

For me it's more centimental, than musically...

back in 1994 - 1999 I worked with my uncle at a Mercedes dealership (RIP Uncle Andrew) on Florence And Normandie (for yall in the know, it used to be called AC Auto, naem changed after he died)

Well form 94 - 99 I was just into Bad Boy, and so was uncle... he loved BIG.

Whenever I listen to Ready to Die, or even Puffs No Way Out, I can't help but think of my deceased uncle...When I listen to anything out of the BadBoy camp in the 90's I think of my uncle andrew.

Didn't wanna get that deep in it, but now you know...

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2007, 12:36:40 PM »
Elvez, it has nothing to do with this Timbaland album.

Looks like its just me whos seeing all the bitching on these boards. I just wish people wouldnt only pick the negative stuff and use it in every thread.

i haven't came across a forum that didn't bitch about the music.. so you should get used to it.

Also, i've seen you bitch and complain aka state your opinion on why you don't like a certain artist/album..

Why is it that you get to 'state your opinion' on certain artists/albums you don't like but everyone else 'bitches and complains like women' when they talk about an album/artist they dont like that obvious you do?

I mean, if we were stoning the game and his DA album, you'd be the first person to throw the stone...

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2007, 12:55:44 PM »
Funny how we are discussing a pop album on a rap album forum. Timbaland made a great upbeat pop album, just like he did this year with Furtado and Timberlake. This album has 4 or 5 rap songs, but overall, Timbaland is trying new things with new artists.

This album was a refreshing change. Don't you get tired of the same old G-Shit? Everytime I hear a Kurupt or Daz song, its the same kind of beat, over the same lyrics. These kind of artists have been making the EXACT same music for 15 years. Artists like Timbaland should be rewarded for trying something new.

Gangsta rap music is dieing, simply for the fact the people making it aren't gangstas. I can listen to a Cube album, or a Dre album, and enjoy it, because they started the stuff, and their sound has changed over the years. But all these new people shouldn't make that kind of music. 50 Cent does it for the entertainment, Game does it because he thinks hes a thug, the south does it to make money. Artists like Sly Boogy and Crooked I give their own unique style to the genre. While others like Game, Slim Thug, Young Jeezy, just copy artists before them. Too much repetition in music.

When you hear an artists song, and your like "I know, that has to be ______." Lil Jon does it, Timbaland does it, Dre does it. Their production styles are unique, which many people copy. They set the way of music, and should be rewarded for it.

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2007, 01:07:34 PM »
Funny how we are discussing a pop album on a rap album forum. Timbaland made a great upbeat pop album, just like he did this year with Furtado and Timberlake. This album has 4 or 5 rap songs, but overall, Timbaland is trying new things with new artists.

This album was a refreshing change. Don't you get tired of the same old G-Shit? Everytime I hear a Kurupt or Daz song, its the same kind of beat, over the same lyrics. These kind of artists have been making the EXACT same music for 15 years. Artists like Timbaland should be rewarded for trying something new.

Gangsta rap music is dieing, simply for the fact the people making it aren't gangstas. I can listen to a Cube album, or a Dre album, and enjoy it, because they started the stuff, and their sound has changed over the years. But all these new people shouldn't make that kind of music. 50 Cent does it for the entertainment, Game does it because he thinks hes a thug, the south does it to make money. Artists like Sly Boogy and Crooked I give their own unique style to the genre. While others like Game, Slim Thug, Young Jeezy, just copy artists before them. Too much repetition in music.

When you hear an artists song, and your like "I know, that has to be ______." Lil Jon does it, Timbaland does it, Dre does it. Their production styles are unique, which many people copy. They set the way of music, and should be rewarded for it.

i think it's because timbaland is seen more as an hip hop/r&b producer from this forum.. But i respect your opinion.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2007, 01:55:10 PM »

Looks like its just me whos seeing all the bitching on these boards. I just wish people wouldnt only pick the negative stuff and use it in every thread.

i haven't came across a forum that didn't bitch about the music.. so you should get used to it.

Also, i've seen you bitch and complain aka state your opinion on why you don't like a certain artist/album..

Why is it that you get to 'state your opinion' on certain artists/albums you don't like but everyone else 'bitches and complains like women' when they talk about an album/artist they dont like that obvious you do?

I mean, if we were stoning the game and his DA album, you'd be the first person to throw the stone...

Dont know if you noticed but I completley stopped posting in Game threads, simply because I realized that I was an idiot for paying that much attention to an artists (that I dont think is the best out here, is overrated on this forum) and study his every move, analyze it...

I was an idiot for that, its not hard for me to admit that.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2007, 04:51:52 PM »

Dont know if you noticed but I completley stopped posting in Game threads, simply because I realized that I was an idiot for paying that much attention to an artists (that I dont think is the best out here, is overrated on this forum) and study his every move, analyze it...

I was an idiot for that, its not hard for me to admit that.

Why do you think this message board was created? We are all here to discuss music. It might not be the type of discussion you want to hear, but that is what we are doing. People have been taking side is rap as long as it has existed. You have your opinion and I have mine. Just because you think "we are being too critical" doesn't mean we are wrong for it.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2007, 05:55:38 PM »
Im getting so sick of everyone acting like women, complaining about everything. Some people arent satisfied with anything. Music is suppose to bring fun to your life, not make you some whining and despresed bitch.

If Nas dropped that whole Primo produced album, people would complain. If Snoop dropped the whole Dre produced album, people would complain. Nas dropped one of the best album in last 5 years with HHID, yet people still complained.

I mean, stop bitching about every little detail, stop making up this theories of conspiracy. Get a life.

The funny thing is, you see it as complaining, rather than criticism.  Now who's acting like a woman??  You're like some of the bitches I work with that cry when they are told they are doing shit wrong.  It's actually quite bizarre that you take offense everytime someone doesn't praise an Interscope related album...Are you part of their e-team or some shit?  There's really no other plausible explanation how much you trumpet everything they drop as great and get e-motional when nobody else agrees. 

And LMFAO at you coming to the realization that people would criticize a Nas / Primo or Snoop / Dre album!  Do you think that those people are beyond critique?  Are they untouchable?  Is it wrong to question anything?  I mean I guess it's a lot easier to just happily accept everything that people give you in life, but sorry, some people actually elect to use the conscious part of their brain (you know, the part that seperates humans from almost every other creature in existance).

Give some boxed wine to a wine conisseur and tell them they should be happy that it was served to them.  Shit I could give you 1000 examples but it's useless because in your feeble mind you just think everybody is mean and is stuck in the 90's.  You're just ignorant and/or naive.

And I've told you this before, and so have others, but you're hanging out in the wrong place if you don't want opposing viewpoints on music.  What the fuck are you here for?  And FYI, there have been dope albums released in the last 5 years, hell in the last 5 weeks they are just WAY fewer and further between - ESPECIALLY in the mainstream.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2007, 06:21:28 PM »
yo whats FYI mean?.....for your information?....or u hollering at a dubcc cat?

speaking of quality albums and shit, i do not even think some of these cats have ever heard an album outside of the shady/aftermath/gunit and affliates group.....seriously i heard someone say that recent shady records compilation cd (re-up) is a near classic....i meean seriously.....near classic....damn the 8mile ost was much better than that cd but this shit is near classic?....this 50 joint a super hit? i heard someone say the new dre beats is on some goosebump shit?!?1 shiiiiiiiiiiiiit yo, imma need to start poppin off soon at some niggaz in here,haha.....

oh the real though....while unlike you i think there is some great stuff mixed in with weak stuff on timbalands cd...there is so much shit out right now outside the interscope brand that is droppin nice shit...nicer beats...its crazy cats ignore that shit....

But ofcourse hype wise other labels will never reach the hype 50's album will reach....and i do not know about you, but i am actually looking forward to checking it to see how 50 comes after all the talking for the 2 years or more...

pz.....

anyways this was wayy off topic....back on topic....why people suprised about his low sales....i doubt timbaland has ever sold big numbers....im pretty sure he has not

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2007, 07:07:07 PM »
this album will go platnum... as soon as girls start listening to way u are and other tracks on the cd.. they will go out and buy like akon.. trust me this album will do big numbers in the long run

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2007, 03:53:35 AM »
Im getting so sick of everyone acting like women, complaining about everything. Some people arent satisfied with anything. Music is suppose to bring fun to your life, not make you some whining and despresed bitch.

If Nas dropped that whole Primo produced album, people would complain. If Snoop dropped the whole Dre produced album, people would complain. Nas dropped one of the best album in last 5 years with HHID, yet people still complained.

I mean, stop bitching about every little detail, stop making up this theories of conspiracy. Get a life.

The funny thing is, you see it as complaining, rather than criticism.  Now who's acting like a woman??  You're like some of the bitches I work with that cry when they are told they are doing shit wrong.  It's actually quite bizarre that you take offense everytime someone doesn't praise an Interscope related album...Are you part of their e-team or some shit?  There's really no other plausible explanation how much you trumpet everything they drop as great and get e-motional when nobody else agrees. 

And LMFAO at you coming to the realization that people would criticize a Nas / Primo or Snoop / Dre album!  Do you think that those people are beyond critique?  Are they untouchable?  Is it wrong to question anything?  I mean I guess it's a lot easier to just happily accept everything that people give you in life, but sorry, some people actually elect to use the conscious part of their brain (you know, the part that seperates humans from almost every other creature in existance).

Give some boxed wine to a wine conisseur and tell them they should be happy that it was served to them.  Shit I could give you 1000 examples but it's useless because in your feeble mind you just think everybody is mean and is stuck in the 90's.  You're just ignorant and/or naive.

And I've told you this before, and so have others, but you're hanging out in the wrong place if you don't want opposing viewpoints on music.  What the fuck are you here for?  And FYI, there have been dope albums released in the last 5 years, hell in the last 5 weeks they are just WAY fewer and further between - ESPECIALLY in the mainstream.

Once again how am i getting emotional ? Am I writing 4 paragraphs for each thing that I think its wrong ? Hell no. Where did you get the Interscope theory is beyond me.

Im gonna end this debat, by saying that people are setting their standards way too high and get dissapointed with each release. I realized 2,3 years ago rap music aint never gonna be what it used to be and I lowered my standards, to actually have a chance of enjoying a cd or 2. Nowadays before the album drops people expect a  5/5 LP, that of course never happens and they start trashing it all over the place.

It has nothing to do with me and opposing viewpoints. I always check threads I dont even post in, cds Im not intersted in and please believe that 90% of posters will trash the music "its nothing like I expected it to be." Now somebody is gonna say "but its right for us to be a critic and to except the best out of an artists." Well amen to that but guess what, you aint gonna get what youre expecting. Not in these days.

Elevz

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2007, 08:08:44 AM »
Once again how am i getting emotional ? Am I writing 4 paragraphs for each thing that I think its wrong ? Hell no.

What a fallacy, and you know it. When they're being misunderstood, some people do mind explaining themselves thoroughly. That's people like Jrome and me. What's wrong about us explaining something you're questioning?

Im gonna end this debat, by saying that people are setting their standards way too high and get dissapointed with each release. I realized 2,3 years ago rap music aint never gonna be what it used to be and I lowered my standards, to actually have a chance of enjoying a cd or 2.

Goddamn, that day must've been sad. You do realise there's plenty of great music outside of hip-hop, right?

It has nothing to do with me and opposing viewpoints. I always check threads I dont even post in, cds Im not intersted in and please believe that 90% of posters will trash the music "its nothing like I expected it to be." Now somebody is gonna say "but its right for us to be a critic and to except the best out of an artists." Well amen to that but guess what, you aint gonna get what youre expecting. Not in these days.

That has been said already in fact. And perhaps these high standards aren't even what we're expecting, but we see the potential. Shouldn't artists live up to their potential at all? Are you really implying art on a whole is that dead in your view? I'd say get out there, try yourself some more distinct music. Kick back and relax.

Elevz

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2007, 08:11:35 AM »

For me it's more centimental, than musically...

back in 1994 - 1999 I worked with my uncle at a Mercedes dealership (RIP Uncle Andrew) on Florence And Normandie (for yall in the know, it used to be called AC Auto, naem changed after he died)

Well form 94 - 99 I was just into Bad Boy, and so was uncle... he loved BIG.

Whenever I listen to Ready to Die, or even Puffs No Way Out, I can't help but think of my deceased uncle...When I listen to anything out of the BadBoy camp in the 90's I think of my uncle andrew.

Didn't wanna get that deep in it, but now you know...

Wow, that's to be respected crazily - props. I guess you shouldn't call yourself a fan of Puffy though - it's that you have important memories attached to his music, which makes you cherish the music. Nothing much about Puffy's greatness in that, or am I mistaken?