Author Topic: Timbo predicted to do 140k  (Read 731 times)

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Timbo predicted to do 140k
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2007, 08:30:14 AM »
Im getting so sick of everyone acting like women, complaining about everything. Some people arent satisfied with anything. Music is suppose to bring fun to your life, not make you some whining and despresed bitch.

If Nas dropped that whole Primo produced album, people would complain. If Snoop dropped the whole Dre produced album, people would complain. Nas dropped one of the best album in last 5 years with HHID, yet people still complained.

I mean, stop bitching about every little detail, stop making up this theories of conspiracy. Get a life.

The funny thing is, you see it as complaining, rather than criticism.  Now who's acting like a woman??  You're like some of the bitches I work with that cry when they are told they are doing shit wrong.  It's actually quite bizarre that you take offense everytime someone doesn't praise an Interscope related album...Are you part of their e-team or some shit?  There's really no other plausible explanation how much you trumpet everything they drop as great and get e-motional when nobody else agrees. 

And LMFAO at you coming to the realization that people would criticize a Nas / Primo or Snoop / Dre album!  Do you think that those people are beyond critique?  Are they untouchable?  Is it wrong to question anything?  I mean I guess it's a lot easier to just happily accept everything that people give you in life, but sorry, some people actually elect to use the conscious part of their brain (you know, the part that seperates humans from almost every other creature in existance).

Give some boxed wine to a wine conisseur and tell them they should be happy that it was served to them.  Shit I could give you 1000 examples but it's useless because in your feeble mind you just think everybody is mean and is stuck in the 90's.  You're just ignorant and/or naive.

And I've told you this before, and so have others, but you're hanging out in the wrong place if you don't want opposing viewpoints on music.  What the fuck are you here for?  And FYI, there have been dope albums released in the last 5 years, hell in the last 5 weeks they are just WAY fewer and further between - ESPECIALLY in the mainstream.

Once again how am i getting emotional ? Am I writing 4 paragraphs for each thing that I think its wrong ? Hell no. Where did you get the Interscope theory is beyond me.

Im gonna end this debat, by saying that people are setting their standards way too high and get dissapointed with each release. I realized 2,3 years ago rap music aint never gonna be what it used to be and I lowered my standards, to actually have a chance of enjoying a cd or 2. Nowadays before the album drops people expect a  5/5 LP, that of course never happens and they start trashing it all over the place.

It has nothing to do with me and opposing viewpoints. I always check threads I dont even post in, cds Im not intersted in and please believe that 90% of posters will trash the music "its nothing like I expected it to be." Now somebody is gonna say "but its right for us to be a critic and to except the best out of an artists." Well amen to that but guess what, you aint gonna get what youre expecting. Not in these days.

emotional.. in rap forums are when people go off topic and make a post saying "i hate when people hate on the rappers i like.. etc" Not writing 4 paragraphs..

Another thing friend, you have to understand the nature of rap music. Alot of rappers boast about who they are. They try to convince people they are God.. They smoke the best weed, fuck the best girls, drive the best cars, write the best lyrics and make the most money.. So when you having a bragging rapper talking all day, your expectations get raised of what he going to come out with..

For example, Chamillionaire's single "not a criminal", he's bragging all over the song.. So when people get it, they want to hear why this guy is trying to put himself up there with Jay and Puff's money.. And so when his album falls short of acheiving success, then people are going to hate on it..

So yeah, Timbaland talks about making half a mill a track, and has the nerve to allow Timberlake to a diss Prince (a legend) on his new single.. People's expectations were raised, and this album doesn't exceed it.

Similarily to The Game's album.. He explained he was going to sell 5 million again, and his the single had every rapper on the remix.. But it wasn't perfect, it wasn't better than dre and 50's assisted 1st album, so people like you, hated on it.

All in all, these albums are good and quality.. but people will hate because they didn't beat their God-like expectations.

I know what i'm saying is common sense, but once you understand it then you'll understand the 'negativity' of the forum.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2007, 04:04:41 PM »
man.....it's gettin crazy...

a few things:

what did the album actually do number wise first week, now that it's out?

and TTK's point about the Nas/Primo, Dre/snoop records was that they are records we are clamoring for..and we would diss them. i see his point ther you know? alot of us often want such records and ask and ask for them, and when they happen we still bitch. that's all he's sayin, he ain't saying they are beyond critique.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2007, 04:28:01 PM »
Im getting so sick of everyone acting like women, complaining about everything. Some people arent satisfied with anything. Music is suppose to bring fun to your life, not make you some whining and despresed bitch.

If Nas dropped that whole Primo produced album, people would complain. If Snoop dropped the whole Dre produced album, people would complain. Nas dropped one of the best album in last 5 years with HHID, yet people still complained.

I mean, stop bitching about every little detail, stop making up this theories of conspiracy. Get a life.

The funny thing is, you see it as complaining, rather than criticism.  Now who's acting like a woman??  You're like some of the bitches I work with that cry when they are told they are doing shit wrong.  It's actually quite bizarre that you take offense everytime someone doesn't praise an Interscope related album...Are you part of their e-team or some shit?  There's really no other plausible explanation how much you trumpet everything they drop as great and get e-motional when nobody else agrees. 

And LMFAO at you coming to the realization that people would criticize a Nas / Primo or Snoop / Dre album!  Do you think that those people are beyond critique?  Are they untouchable?  Is it wrong to question anything?  I mean I guess it's a lot easier to just happily accept everything that people give you in life, but sorry, some people actually elect to use the conscious part of their brain (you know, the part that seperates humans from almost every other creature in existance).

Give some boxed wine to a wine conisseur and tell them they should be happy that it was served to them.  Shit I could give you 1000 examples but it's useless because in your feeble mind you just think everybody is mean and is stuck in the 90's.  You're just ignorant and/or naive.

And I've told you this before, and so have others, but you're hanging out in the wrong place if you don't want opposing viewpoints on music.  What the fuck are you here for?  And FYI, there have been dope albums released in the last 5 years, hell in the last 5 weeks they are just WAY fewer and further between - ESPECIALLY in the mainstream.

Once again how am i getting emotional ? Am I writing 4 paragraphs for each thing that I think its wrong ? Hell no. Where did you get the Interscope theory is beyond me.

Im gonna end this debat, by saying that people are setting their standards way too high and get dissapointed with each release. I realized 2,3 years ago rap music aint never gonna be what it used to be and I lowered my standards, to actually have a chance of enjoying a cd or 2. Nowadays before the album drops people expect a  5/5 LP, that of course never happens and they start trashing it all over the place.

It has nothing to do with me and opposing viewpoints. I always check threads I dont even post in, cds Im not intersted in and please believe that 90% of posters will trash the music "its nothing like I expected it to be." Now somebody is gonna say "but its right for us to be a critic and to except the best out of an artists." Well amen to that but guess what, you aint gonna get what youre expecting. Not in these days.

haha, yeah kid lower your standards.  Interscope loves you for that - now maybe if they could convince the rest of the world to do that maybe their sales wouldn't suck such a fat dick.  And there's many albums that still come out that meet or exceed my expectations.  Devin, Scarface, AZ, Nas, Gnarls Barkley, Kanye and that's just off top.  And actually, Tim's album is exactly what I thought it would be.  No disappointment here.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2007, 04:32:45 PM »
what numbers did he actually do?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2007, 10:14:10 AM »
seems like u gotta be in love with timbaland to like this album  ;) and u people can guess who it is