Poll

Who has the better catalogue?

Snoop Dogg
19 (65.5%)
Tha Dogg Pound/DPG
10 (34.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Poll - Who has the better catalogue Snoop or DPG?  (Read 260 times)

WestCoasta

Re: Poll - Who has the better catalogue Snoop or DPG?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 04:21:59 PM »
Snoop Dogg

the only comparable albums Tha Dogg Pound has are "Dogg Food" and "Dillinger & Young Gotti"

Snoop and DPG both have some crappy albums though

PLANT

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 04:29:46 PM »
Snoop, no question.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 02:13:57 AM »
doggystyle is the only snoop album that has the replayability of dogg pound's catalogue though

doggystyle is the ultimate of all both catalogues

but nl TD, tbct, tlm, DF, da game....NONE of them have hooked me like DYG and dogg chit. so to me it's doggystyle versus dogg food/DYG/DC plus I really like DYG 2 and CIA. so as far as catalogues go, dogg pound. snoop has some amazing songs yeah, but so does dogg pound. shit some of snoop's most amazing songs have dogg pound and vice versa so it's kind of moot. it's all dogg pound.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Brutus

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • we do, what we do, this west coast is voodoo,on U
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 02:34:51 AM »

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 07:56:14 AM »
doggystyle is the only snoop album that has the replayability of dogg pound's catalogue though

doggystyle is the ultimate of all both catalogues

but nl TD, tbct, tlm, DF, da game....NONE of them have hooked me like DYG and dogg chit. so to me it's doggystyle versus dogg food/DYG/DC plus I really like DYG 2 and CIA. so as far as catalogues go, dogg pound. snoop has some amazing songs yeah, but so does dogg pound. shit some of snoop's most amazing songs have dogg pound and vice versa so it's kind of moot. it's all dogg pound.

-T

that's what I'm saying, I'm a big fan of Snoop but if you take out Doggystyle and Dogg Food I think DPG has been more consistent as far as albums go, Snoop had Da Game and Paid Tha Cost and DPG really haven't dropped a subpar album, maybe CIA but I think that was a decent album probably their worst though, Snoop has the better song catalogue of course

Tha Chemist

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Regulator
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2007, 12:51:38 PM »
i'll go with DPG just by a little
WEST UP

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »
snoop's catalog by far. as dope as the dogg pound albums are, they come no where near the level that snoops are on. not to mention 3/4 of the DPG albums are low budget independent albums. not saying that's bad or anything, but when you have a lot more money to put into a project like snoop, you tend to get a lot more out of it.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 12:59:02 PM »
too close for me

1 doggystyle
2 dogg food
3 d&yg
4 last meal
5 doggfather
6 no limit top dog
7 dogg chit
8 blue carpet teat
9 dyg2

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 01:10:53 PM »
Excuse me, is this a joke? Is this a joke?

On the overall I could pick 5 DPG songs I'd rather listen to then any recent Snoop song. When they were making tracks like "What would you do" and "Represent dat G.C" these guys were amazing. The whole eastisiders/DPGC/Battlecat/Fredwreck "era" if you can call it that, was some of the best music ever made by any of these people (except of course Doggystyle). But since the reunion of Daz and Kurupt, they been releasing some real awful music. Snoop is producing. Soopafly releasing unmixed albums on the internet. Nate Dogg, Warren G not working on anything. Tray Dee in jail. Two groups with zero chemistry together, Western Union and Warzone. (At least the Nine Inch Dix are good, doubt they'll release an album though)

Every one associated with Snoop has fallen off. They all trying to make this G-'d out music which doesn't fit their flow, voices, style, or even the beats their rapping on.

Snoop by a mill has a better catalogue then the two crackies Daz and Kurupt.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 01:12:31 PM by The King »