Author Topic: GOD DAMN! 72 Car Pile Up  (Read 214 times)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
GOD DAMN! 72 Car Pile Up
« on: April 12, 2007, 05:01:06 PM »
Traffic is free flowing this morning at the intersection of Hwy. 169 and 5th St. S. in Hopkins, but that was not the case last night. A chain-reaction accident just after 10 p.m. involving more than 60 vehicles brought traffic to a halt on the southbound lanes of the highway and injured several people, including two pedestrians who were seriously injured.
"We don't definitively know that weather was the cause, but it's possible that roads iced up and contributed to it," said Lt. Mark Peterson of the State Patrol.

The patrol also is trying to figure out if two pedestrians hurt in the crash were walking in the area or were motorists who were hit when they stepped out of their vehicles to inspect damage.

The pedestrians, a 37-year-old woman who suffered a hip fracture and other injuries, and a 47-year-old man who suffered a cervical fracture and other unknown injuries, were taken to Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis. Their names have not been released.

Several other people were taken to North Memorial and Fairview Southdale hospitals with minor injuries, the State Patrol said.

This morning, mainline highways are in good shape with a only few scattered slippery spots, but entrance and exit ramps and city and county roads are slick, said Tom Heininger of the Minnesota Department of Transportation's Regional Traffic Center in Roseville.

"Nothing out there today that should hamper traffic" this morning, said Heininger, who was out salting highways earlier this morning. "When the sun gets out and we get to 45 degrees we won't have to worry about it."

No major traffic problems were reported at 8 a.m. today, but slowdowns were reported on southbound Interstate 35E from I-694 to downtown St. Paul and on southbound I-35W from 95th Av. to Hwy. 10, eastbound I-394 from Hwy. 169 to Hwy. 100, northbound I-35W from I- 35 to the Minnesota River, and on Cedar Avenue from Apple Valley to the Minnesota River, according to MnDOT's website.

Motorists on side streets and secondary roads have encountered icy conditions. Several minor accidents were reported on Shepard Road near Warner Road in St. Paul. Slick conditions also were reported on Hiawatha Av. from Lake St. to 38th St. in south Minneapolis.

The State Patrol is still sorting out exactly what led to the multi-car crash. Peterson said it is not clear how the accident started, but that multi-car accidents on busy highways are not uncommon.

In another crash Wednesday night, a 33-year-old Minnetonka woman was injured in a one-vehicle accident about 8:45 p.m. on Interstate Hwy. 394 east of Louisiana Avenue in Golden Valley. The woman, who was driving a 2004 Ford Taurus, apparently drove over a sign and hit a light pole. The vehicle then rolled over and caught on fire.

She was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center with unspecified injuries, the State Patrol said.

The crashes on Hwys. 169 and Interstate Hwy. 394 were among 218 incidents that the State Patrol responded to between 6 a.m. Wednesday and 6 a.m. today. None of the accidents was fatal, the patrol said.

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/1116160.html

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: GOD DAMN! 72 Car Pile Up
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 05:02:30 PM »
I saw that shit when me and my friend were going back to his apartment which is right by highway 169. There were like 20 tow trucks loading up cars and cops everywhere.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 06:17:12 PM »
must have been a lot of women out driving that night

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 07:59:08 PM »
Women drivers and freezing rain = bad news

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 08:16:45 PM »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 12:36:34 PM »
Got damn!!!

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 12:39:14 PM »
This happened in Israel the other day.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pkfcqCkxeUI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pkfcqCkxeUI</a>

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 01:10:06 PM »
72 cars is a fuckin lot

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 01:24:45 PM »
This happened in Israel the other day.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pkfcqCkxeUI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pkfcqCkxeUI</a>

Damn, what a piece of shit...

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 06:27:53 PM »
Damn in that vid the 1st couple of cars got hit hard.
NO MORE WAR

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 11:19:23 PM »
no pic, no read

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 05:01:14 AM »