Author Topic: Thoughts on Dogg Pound after finally hearing the discography  (Read 8891 times)

floatin_above_everything

Re: Thoughts on Dogg Pound after finally hearing the discography
« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2007, 02:09:56 PM »
Y'all know that Kurupt is from the East coast, Philly actually?

yeah he sharpened his skills there, Philly is gangsta and has a grip of dope MC's

Yeah man, the Eastcoast breeds the best.

MediumL

« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2007, 03:00:58 PM »
Went from top ten to not mentioned at all, till they're selling verses on ebay, y'all.  :laugh:

Nah this new stuff is hard, hopefully they keep it up.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2007, 03:08:40 AM »
^^^what u talkin bout

XaNdEr

« Reply #168 on: April 11, 2007, 04:34:19 AM »
kurupt was selling his verses on ebay a while ago, dunno if he still is.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #169 on: April 11, 2007, 10:02:40 AM »
wha? how much a verse, that would be sick.

anyway, now that I think about how to rob, there's a line in ther about 50 taking the ring that Kurupt bought for Foxy. that's probably what Rup was replying to.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

XaNdEr

« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2007, 02:54:55 AM »
wha? how much a verse, that would be sick.

anyway, now that I think about how to rob, there's a line in ther about 50 taking the ring that Kurupt bought for Foxy. that's probably what Rup was replying to.

-T

i dunno man, i saw it with my own eyes at ebay, but i dunno the prices or w/e i suggest going to ebay and looking for it  :D

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2007, 03:31:09 AM »
thats fuckin dumb why sell veres on ebay... lol

XaNdEr

« Reply #172 on: April 13, 2007, 06:45:38 AM »
cuz he need the money???

thats "crippin' his way to richness" man, supposed to be gangsta you know

d-nice

« Reply #173 on: April 13, 2007, 06:48:55 AM »
cuz he need the money???

thats "crippin' his way to richness" man, supposed to be gangsta you know

???

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #174 on: April 13, 2007, 11:58:49 AM »
yeah...it's just another medium to sell in.

check it out...when you're a celebrity of some kind for years and years, you lose touch with reality.

One time in the 60's the beatles were chilling (dudes that have been celebrity Gods since their early 20s, pretty much grew up/lost innocence in the limelight) and Paul McCartney made a phone call and got the busy signal and he was all confused "Uh..I dialed and this thing is beeping..." and a roadie was like 'that's the busy signal...hang up.' In other words, it's a different reality, basic shit slides by you when you don't need to do basic shit anymore. Kurupt's never been the kind of cat to be very familiar with the internet/technology that's why Daz has a million dubcnn interviews and Kurupt has one. As far as Kurupt was concerned it was probably just another hustle "Oh cats is making money off this ebay shit, well fuck..." he doesn't see ebay the same way we do.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

XaNdEr

« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2007, 12:49:44 AM »
props tanj, im amazed how you always seem to have reasons for everything  :D

maybe youre right, but you know, when i think about kurupt, i dont see a smart dude you know, its more like hes kinda stupid, if i can call him that. i mean cats like nas, guru etc. they are smart, they know whatsup with society and stuff, and they infuse a bit of that in their lyrics, and i would even call people like 50 cent and jay-z smart, cuz they know business, they are really making their way cuz of their businesstalents, they know when to do something and when not.

but you know, kurupt, he never really rapped about any "smart" stuff and all that, it basically always was "fuck a bitch" blablabla. now thats cool, im a kurupt fan myself, but you know, youre not really showing your "intellect" by such lyrics.

plus like you said, he should do more interviews etc. to get in the picture, but then again, he sells basically by word of mouth, so thats cool too i guess.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2007, 01:14:05 AM »
Daz has lost the ability top rap, and kurupt lost the ability to write a decent verse. Warzone, Western Union all making shitty music, Xzibit releasing shitty music, Quik and AMG releasing garbage, Daz and Kurupt addicted to drugs. West is dieing. When The Game becomes your most listened to artist, you know westcoast hip hop is dieing.

Paul

« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2007, 05:15:08 AM »
Daz has lost the ability top rap, and kurupt lost the ability to write a decent verse. Warzone, Western Union all making shitty music, Xzibit releasing shitty music, Quik and AMG releasing garbage, Daz and Kurupt addicted to drugs. West is dieing. When The Game becomes your most listened to artist, you know westcoast hip hop is dieing.

what the fuck is wrong with u, every post your bitchin your ass off, shut the fuck up and go away if you dont like west coast rap
funkyfreshintheflesh

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2007, 04:47:50 PM »
props tanj, im amazed how you always seem to have reasons for everything  :D

maybe youre right, but you know, when i think about kurupt, i dont see a smart dude you know, its more like hes kinda stupid, if i can call him that. i mean cats like nas, guru etc. they are smart, they know whatsup with society and stuff, and they infuse a bit of that in their lyrics, and i would even call people like 50 cent and jay-z smart, cuz they know business, they are really making their way cuz of their businesstalents, they know when to do something and when not.

but you know, kurupt, he never really rapped about any "smart" stuff and all that, it basically always was "fuck a bitch" blablabla. now thats cool, im a kurupt fan myself, but you know, youre not really showing your "intellect" by such lyrics.

plus like you said, he should do more interviews etc. to get in the picture, but then again, he sells basically by word of mouth, so thats cool too i guess.

I too always though Gotti was smart enough to diversify his topics. He has rarley done this an can come off as an unintelligent rapper/person. In interviews ( except for when he was beefin with Daz ), he comes of as a smart guy. On the other hand, Nas sounds like an idiot in alot in his interviews, but makes the smartest music out there.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2007, 09:09:26 PM »
Kurupt is smart but not in the same way say...a cat like dubcnn is smart, you know? I think Kurupt's as smart as Nas at least.

King: you can look it at like that sure, but I was just assessing each DP album.

-T

westcoastavengers.com