Author Topic: Thoughts on Dogg Pound after finally hearing the discography  (Read 8877 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Thoughts on Dogg Pound after finally hearing the discography
« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2007, 12:04:17 PM »
i remember liking that song accessories. i'll have to give it another listen, maybe it's one of those really dope records that just doesn't grab you the first time. i remember being disappointed with gangstaz part 2.

also, the song "i get high 2" where is the part one?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

d-nice

« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2007, 12:11:57 PM »
i remember liking that song accessories. i'll have to give it another listen, maybe it's one of those really dope records that just doesn't grab you the first time. i remember being disappointed with gangstaz part 2.

-T

It just means me too, I get high also. Listen to accessories. It is a dope Daz beat and Kurupt's cadence on it is sick. He is flowing with the beat sooo cold. Like I said, Gangstas Pt 2 is the lyrical content of both Daz and Kurupt. The beat drains out alot of the lyrics because it is so loud and busy but they are killin it on there. I want them to do a remix to it with a different beat though.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2007, 12:23:26 PM »

-T

It just means me too, I get high also. Listen to accessories. It is a dope Daz beat and Kurupt's cadence on it is sick. He is flowing with the beat sooo cold. Like I said, Gangstas Pt 2 is the lyrical content of both Daz and Kurupt. The beat drains out alot of the lyrics because it is so loud and busy but they are killin it on there. I want them to do a remix to it with a different beat though.

yeah i remember not hearing it well cause the beat, didn't even realize daz was on the song lol

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2007, 12:37:41 PM »
It is a shitty ass beat from Daz, but lyrically it is a gem.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2007, 12:40:47 PM »

damn, gonna check this all out.

been bumpin that damizza/butch alot. i need to blaze to just about every track on the bitch!

also, have been bumping XXplosive NONSTOP since i bought 2001 again (haven't had a copy in 5 years)

and no matter where i go and just another day from Nate's g funk classics. the damizza/butch record inspired me to play just another day cause Butch is on that with a cool little verse.

-T
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 03:13:38 PM by Tanjibility-The Dangerous Crew Movement »

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #200 on: April 16, 2007, 12:47:04 PM »

damn, gonna check this all out.

been bumpin that damizza/butch alot. i need to blaze to just about every track on the bitch!

also, have been bumping XXplosive NONSTOP since i bought 2001 again (haven't had a copy in 5 years)

and no matter where i go and just another day from Nate's g funk classics. the damizza/butch record inspired me to play just another day cause Butch is on that with a cool little verse.
-T

-T

I was just listening to Butch/Damizza. I was telling my boy Lunatic that I bumped that at a barbeque I had on Easter Sunday and it was the perfect music for it. Everybody was chilling, having a good time and the music was a perfect backdrop. XXplosive has one of the coldest beats. I actually like Kurupt's verse now. I love the way he kicked in the intro of that verse. I thought he was going to rip that beat to shreds but he just went off on a bitch.  ;D

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2007, 03:14:31 PM »
yeah, I always liked the verse.
"imperial pistols ferocious" kicking it off does make you think he's gonna be more lyrical than he proceeds to be
-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #202 on: April 16, 2007, 03:17:13 PM »
"imperial pistols ferocious" kicking it off does make you think he's gonna be more lyrical than he proceeds to be
-T

I was like ahh shit he is going to kill this. Nothing beats how he killed that I Got My Mind Made Up.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #203 on: April 16, 2007, 03:18:44 PM »
-T

I was like ahh shit he is going to kill this. Nothing beats how he killed that I Got My Mind Made Up.

you know, i've never bought AEOM cause i've never seen it for a decent price so I can probably count on one hand how many times i've heard that song. cause I don't wanna burn the LP cause then it'll take forever again for me to buy it but yeah, looking forward to the day when I see AEOM for sale closer to 20 than 30 dollars.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #204 on: April 16, 2007, 03:38:12 PM »
I thought Gangstaz pt.2's beat was one of Daz's best in awhile.

Nothing against the dark murderous shit Daz & Co. have been going for lately but all throughout DC it sounds uninspired. The only "dark" tracks I've liked from Daz with strong musical instrumentation have been Rat-A-Tat-Tat and a majority of the SDDS shit surprisingly. DC I dont even bump anymore. :\

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #205 on: April 16, 2007, 03:44:23 PM »

Nothing against the dark murderous shit Daz & Co. have been going for lately but all throughout DC it sounds uninspired. The only "dark" tracks I've liked from Daz with strong musical instrumentation have been Rat-A-Tat-Tat and a majority of the SDDS shit surprisingly. DC I dont even bump anymore. :\

the dark shit really kills alot of DC for me but all the G funk is still top notch, still feels and sounds fresh like they did it in 96 if that makes sense.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #206 on: April 16, 2007, 03:46:14 PM »
Daz' "dat's that nigga" and "blast em up" are dope.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #207 on: April 16, 2007, 03:50:29 PM »
yeah Vibe/Where U From/Throw Ya Hood Up/Good Azz Day/Bucc-Em/excedra all of that shits good. Same with Everybody Givin It Up/Thats The Way We Ride/excedra off DPGCLP, all of the smooth modernized g-funk cuts are great. But then 1-4 other tracks feel exactly like Mo Murder, but it may just be that track specifically that irks me. Still though, those are minor problems [at best] because it hasnt even been out a month so it hasnt really marinated with me. I'll make a final judgement 1-2 years from now.

d-nice

« Reply #208 on: April 16, 2007, 04:19:51 PM »

I think the beat drowns out the vocals a little too much on Gangstas Pt. 2. Still one of my favorite cuts lyrically though. It is as dope if not better than any verses Kurupt spit on the last 2 DP albums.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2007, 04:45:19 PM »
^^ agreed all around.

"first options nothin, fuck second or third
for the fifth, you wont be around or heard"

four-fifth = gun, hence "around or heard".

Even though I got the setup line wrong, the rhyme and punchline line are correct. His wordplays here are over the top on SDDS. Coordinated SPECIALLY/ESPECIALLY on GPT2;