Author Topic: Thoughts on Dogg Pound after finally hearing the discography  (Read 8781 times)

d-nice

Re: Thoughts on Dogg Pound after finally hearing the discography
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2007, 09:23:41 AM »
I don't even count 2002. They had a handful of unreleased tracks but other than that you had songs from D&YG, Dat Whoopty Woop and RAW on that album. Death Row put it out to fuck up D&YG sales at the time. Although it does have Every Single Day, one of the greatest DPG songs of all time.

the only 1 I recognized on 2002 that was a double, was the xzibit track ???

and bty, the track with 2pac, don't stop, is also a DP classic to me

All the tracks in bold are repeats from albums that were already out before this album

1. Intro   
2. Roll Wit Us     
3. Just Doggin'    
4. Smoke - Kurupt/Snoop Dogg/The Relativez     
5. Gangsta Rap - The Dogg Pound   
6. 10 Til Midnight - Kurupt/SKG     
7. Living The Gangsta Life     
8. Don't Stop   
9. Change The Game (Remix)      
10. Crip Wit Us 
11. What Cha About - Kurupt   
12. Your Gyrlfriend 2 - Daz/Mac Shawn/Soopafly   
13. Feels Good     
14. Way Too Often - Soopafly/Kurupt     
15. It'z All About That Money - Daz

16. Every Single Day 

damn, I didn't know that homie. I guess it went over my head because listen to sooo much music, and unless the songs are titled the same (which they clearly aren't, right?) then I may have some difficulty noticing

The funny thing is, on most of them they did not bother changin the name

Dillinger & Young Gotti had Dipp With Me, 2002 had Crip With Us. Same lyrics, a little bit different beat. Same with Livin The Gangsta Life with Xzibit. They get took the keys out of it and added some bass to the loop

Feels Good, Your Girlfriend 2 @ Itz All About The Money were on RAW

Way Too Often was on Dat Whoopty Woop and Just Doggin is a remix to the song on the Sunset Park soundtrack. To Death Row's defense possibly, it is said that D&YG (parts of the album), RAW & Dat Whoopty Woop were all recorded at Death Row studios and Daz stole the masters when he left.

d-nice

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2007, 09:31:20 AM »
Lol at people saying D&YGII and CIA are inconsistent.

CIA >>>>> Dogg Chit.

Dogg Chit sounds much like its rushed, like Lucien-Al-Ism said before me, the mastering and sound to it just misses something. Soopafly suffers the same fate, his Bangin' Westcoast had the same bad mastering. The want the money for their albums but theyt put no effort in it.

That is what up with al lthe "bad" rap nowadays. Every rapper drops and album every 2 years, then starts promoting the album by touring 1 - 1,5 year and then starts to make another album. When Dogg Food came out, Daz and Kurupt had at least worked 2 - 3 years on it, if not longer. Nowadays all these albums getting rushed like a muthafucka and to me thats just fucking with your fans. They need to spend time in the studio and at least take the time to write some decent lyrics, not stuff like "shut the fuck up and eat my balls" which kurupt is so good at these days.

Some cats called him grown up, same with Daz. I heard/read a lot of posts (even read a Daz interview i believe) a while back theyre now on another level, theyre not in their youths anymore so they gotta talk on other shit. But to me it sounds their lyrics only grew more childish with time  :-\

I mean, i take a '92 Kurupt over a '07 one...back then he actually did his best, and even though he never had deep lyrics/songs, he still showcased great MC talent, nowdays hes one of the wackest rappers...right now, Young Joc >>>> Kurupt

And Cali Iz Active ain't rushed? The original concept was to have a DPGC album before CIA. If CIA was a Snoop and Daz album it would have been dope. Kurupt's only good lyrical song on it was Throwin Up Da C. Mastering is fucking up Daz's releases though. That shit is annoying. Funny with that Young Joc line. Have you heard Kurupt's shit on Hi-Tek's or on Gangstas Pt 2?

XaNdEr

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2007, 09:44:08 AM »

CIA >>>>> Dogg Chit.

Dogg Chit sounds much like its rushed, like Lucien-Al-Ism said before me, the mastering and sound to it just misses something. Soopafly suffers the same fate, his Bangin' Westcoast had the same bad mastering. The want the money for their albums but theyt put no effort in it.

That is what up with al lthe "bad" rap nowadays. Every rapper drops and album every 2 years, then starts promoting the album by touring 1 - 1,5 year and then starts to make another album. When Dogg Food came out, Daz and Kurupt had at least worked 2 - 3 years on it, if not longer. Nowadays all these albums getting rushed like a muthafucka and to me thats just fucking with your fans. They need to spend time in the studio and at least take the time to write some decent lyrics, not stuff like "shut the fuck up and eat my balls" which kurupt is so good at these days.

Some cats called him grown up, same with Daz. I heard/read a lot of posts (even read a Daz interview i believe) a while back theyre now on another level, theyre not in their youths anymore so they gotta talk on other shit. But to me it sounds their lyrics only grew more childish with time  :-\

I mean, i take a '92 Kurupt over a '07 one...back then he actually did his best, and even though he never had deep lyrics/songs, he still showcased great MC talent, nowdays hes one of the wackest rappers...right now, Young Joc >>>> Kurupt

And Cali Iz Active ain't rushed? The original concept was to have a DPGC album before CIA. If CIA was a Snoop and Daz album it would have been dope. Kurupt's only good lyrical song on it was Throwin Up Da C. Mastering is fucking up Daz's releases though. That shit is annoying. Funny with that Young Joc line. Have you heard Kurupt's shit on Hi-Tek's or on Gangstas Pt 2?

Yeah i heard that, thats the same similar shit at least 10 other rappers rap about  :-\

Plus, CIA is rushed yes, you are right, but at least it had some good producers on there which made it sound much better (and im not just talking about a good beat) like Battlecat or David Banner.

d-nice

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2007, 09:53:34 AM »

CIA >>>>> Dogg Chit.

Yeah i heard that, thats the same similar shit at least 10 other rappers rap about  :-\

Plus, CIA is rushed yes, you are right, but at least it had some good producers on there which made it sound much better (and im not just talking about a good beat) like Battlecat or David Banner.

Battlecat's beats were cool on it, but even for his standards in was boring. If you are looking for innovative, political backpack rap from Kurupt, you are listening to the wrong mc. So you are definitely not a Dogg Pound fan right?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2007, 09:54:49 AM »
Nah, I didn't forget 2002. I bought that AND DYG-1 the day they came out.

it had very few songs that were dope as a whole but the Kurupt verses are whoah. it's a shame DR did all those whack ass remixes to them.

furthermore, i could care less if the public buys or wants them, the public likes n sync and mims.

d-nice: DPGC as a crew have mad classics, but I was just referring to duo albums (even DF and CIA, despite the fact that they're sort of snoop albums )

as far as the due Tha Dogg Pound's classics they have Dogg Food. But as far as just west coast, DYG-1 is classic to me and many others.

i'm not saying  the due has a gang of classics, i'm saying all the albums are good.

I used to hate on Kurupt's decline alot too, especially since I've had such high expectations for him since hearing the chronic/DS but you gotta listen to every aspect of the rapping, not just the words. he still usually sounds dope, and I don't expect more from him.

Yeah, he DID riip 'throwin up da c' which is a fuckin classic. he also ripped keepin it gangsta prod.soopa on cia. shit is amazing.

fuck a genre, if the song sounds good the song sounds good. g funk for life.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Lunatic

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2007, 09:59:17 AM »
I don't even count 2002. They had a handful of unreleased tracks but other than that you had songs from D&YG, Dat Whoopty Woop and RAW on that album. Death Row put it out to fuck up D&YG sales at the time. Although it does have Every Single Day, one of the greatest DPG songs of all time.

the only 1 I recognized on 2002 that was a double, was the xzibit track ???

and bty, the track with 2pac, don't stop, is also a DP classic to me

All the tracks in bold are repeats from albums that were already out before this album

1. Intro   
2. Roll Wit Us     
3. Just Doggin'    
4. Smoke - Kurupt/Snoop Dogg/The Relativez     
5. Gangsta Rap - The Dogg Pound   
6. 10 Til Midnight - Kurupt/SKG     
7. Living The Gangsta Life     
8. Don't Stop   
9. Change The Game (Remix)      
10. Crip Wit Us 
11. What Cha About - Kurupt   
12. Your Gyrlfriend 2 - Daz/Mac Shawn/Soopafly   
13. Feels Good     
14. Way Too Often - Soopafly/Kurupt     
15. It'z All About That Money - Daz

16. Every Single Day 

damn, I didn't know that homie. I guess it went over my head because listen to sooo much music, and unless the songs are titled the same (which they clearly aren't, right?) then I may have some difficulty noticing

The funny thing is, on most of them they did not bother changin the name

Dillinger & Young Gotti had Dipp With Me, 2002 had Crip With Us. Same lyrics, a little bit different beat. Same with Livin The Gangsta Life with Xzibit. They get took the keys out of it and added some bass to the loop

Feels Good, Your Girlfriend 2 @ Itz All About The Money were on RAW

Way Too Often was on Dat Whoopty Woop and Just Doggin is a remix to the song on the Sunset Park soundtrack. To Death Row's defense possibly, it is said that D&YG (parts of the album), RAW & Dat Whoopty Woop were all recorded at Death Row studios and Daz stole the masters when he left.

lol, the names are somewhat changed. Dipp With Me & Crip With Us is different titles. And considering that DPG don't have alot of substance in there music (I don't mind) it's easy to believe they'd have different songs titled dipp with me & crip with us
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

XaNdEr

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2007, 10:00:15 AM »

CIA >>>>> Dogg Chit.

Battlecat's beats were cool on it, but even for his standards in was boring. If you are looking for innovative, political backpack rap from Kurupt, you are listening to the wrong mc. So you are definitely not a Dogg Pound fan right?

i am a fan of good music, and unfortunately dogg chit is not good music imo, i bought the album asap only to find myself dissappointed by it.  :-\

d-nice

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2007, 10:00:28 AM »
Nah, I didn't forget 2002. I bought that AND DYG-1 the day they came out.

it had very few songs that were dope as a whole but the Kurupt verses are whoah. it's a shame DR did all those whack ass remixes to them.

furthermore, i could care less if the public buys or wants them, the public likes n sync and mims.

d-nice: DPGC as a crew have mad classics, but I was just referring to duo albums (even DF and CIA, despite the fact that they're sort of snoop albums )

as far as the due Tha Dogg Pound's classics they have Dogg Food. But as far as just west coast, DYG-1 is classic to me and many others.

i'm not saying  the due has a gang of classics, i'm saying all the albums are good.

I used to hate on Kurupt's decline alot too, especially since I've had such high expectations for him since hearing the chronic/DS but you gotta listen to every aspect of the rapping, not just the words. he still usually sounds dope, and I don't expect more from him.

Yeah, he DID riip 'throwin up da c' which is a fuckin classic. he also ripped keepin it gangsta prod.soopa on cia. shit is amazing.

fuck a genre, if the song sounds good the song sounds good. g funk for life.

-T

Rage on Keep It Gangsta>Kurupt. Kurupt was throwing alot of big words together on that and repeating alot of words on it. Bangin ass beat and Rage's verse  :o, but Rage's always is.

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2007, 10:00:43 AM »
haha how can you fuckin deny the DPG's impact? If we're going on popularity and influence look at All Eyez On Me. I'm a big Dre fan and Quik and all those niggas but Daz MADE All Eyez On Me as much as 2pac. He put down some beats that fucking haunt and match 2pacs verses like no other beat he spit on.

d-nice

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2007, 10:03:16 AM »

CIA >>>>> Dogg Chit.

i am a fan of good music, and unfortunately dogg chit is not good music imo, i bought the album asap only to find myself dissappointed by it.  :-\

Hey like the Dogg Pound song says Shit Happens. Sorry you did not enjoy it. I think they make some good music and at times they do not, but I can still enjoy their music.

« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2007, 10:03:58 AM »

CIA >>>>> Dogg Chit.

Some cats called him grown up, same with Daz. I heard/read a lot of posts (even read a Daz interview i believe) a while back theyre now on another level, theyre not in their youths anymore so they gotta talk on other shit. But to me it sounds their lyrics only grew more childish with time  :-\

shit how can the dpg stack up to young bucks standards ::)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2007, 10:07:28 AM »
i'm pretty picky, and I like 10 tracks on dogg chit alot.

it's all how you look at it. to me, on a historical level, an album is roughly ten tracks so no matter how many whack tracks there are if there's 10 solid tracks then i got my money's worth. so yeah there are more than 5 or so 'eh' songs on DC, and that's bad sure, I agree. but shit there's like 10 bangers, so fuck it, enjoy.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Lunatic

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2007, 10:14:59 AM »
i'm pretty picky, and I like 10 tracks on dogg chit alot.

it's all how you look at it. to me, on a historical level, an album is roughly ten tracks so no matter how many whack tracks there are if there's 10 solid tracks then i got my money's worth. so yeah there are more than 5 or so 'eh' songs on DC, and that's bad sure, I agree. but shit there's like 10 bangers, so fuck it, enjoy.

-T

pretty much agreed. We have to face it, the time of an album coming out, and all 13-14 tracks are fuckin bangers, is long gone.

If an album comes out (standard length, 14-16 tracks), if there's at least 7-8 decent tracks (with a few being bangers, rest being decent) I won't be disapointed.

Damn, look at your karma Tanj ;)

i've been helping that out, with many others i'm sure. How you got to -117 or w.e, was wack in the 1st place :-X

we gonna get you to + soon homie ;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2007, 10:16:17 AM »
haha how can you fuckin deny the DPG's impact? If we're going on popularity and influence look at All Eyez On Me. I'm a big Dre fan and Quik and all those niggas but Daz MADE All Eyez On Me as much as 2pac. He put down some beats that fucking haunt and match 2pacs verses like no other beat he spit on.

Preach.

EARNERTON!

• 'G'
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2007, 10:22:36 AM »
yeah DPG do there thing, that 'Cali Iz Active' tune was kinda live still, that tune was big, I like that 'Vibe Wit A Pimp' shit too you know, dogg pound are big in the game, true stories