Author Topic: Thoughts on Dogg Pound after finally hearing the discography  (Read 8890 times)

floatin_above_everything

Re: Thoughts on Dogg Pound after finally hearing the discography
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2007, 10:45:35 AM »
since they got back together the only track I can remember where Kurupt sounded real good was "Keep It Gangsta" off Cali Iz Active

fair enough, but that said do you see why I feel you guys are being harsh on Kurupt lyrically on CIA considering it contains his best lyrical showing in years?

-T

what is terrible about CIA, sans puffy the first 10 tracks are immaculate and then even most of the post track 10 tracks are dope. especially the dogg pound posse cuts. I don't know what you guys expected at all.
-T

Nah CIA was terrible imo. He did better on Dillenger & Young Gotti II, but Dogg Chit is his best lyrics since the reunion.

My dude, I was looking for mixing and mastering first of all. Daz & Kurupt's lyrics were atrocious, no Daz beats, and horrendous guests apperances. Soopa made it so there was 1-2 good songs, but there was nothing immaculate about this album except for the idea.

Lunatic

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2007, 10:47:43 AM »
since they got back together the only track I can remember where Kurupt sounded real good was "Keep It Gangsta" off Cali Iz Active

fair enough, but that said do you see why I feel you guys are being harsh on Kurupt lyrically on CIA considering it contains his best lyrical showing in years?

-T

what is terrible about CIA, sans puffy the first 10 tracks are immaculate and then even most of the post track 10 tracks are dope. especially the dogg pound posse cuts. I don't know what you guys expected at all.
-T

Nah CIA was terrible imo. He did better on Dillenger & Young Gotti II, but Dogg Chit is his best lyrics since the reunion.

My dude, I was looking for mixing and mastering first of all. Daz & Kurupt's lyrics were atrocious, no Daz beats, and horrendous guests apperances. Soopa made it so there was 1-2 good songs, but there was nothing immaculate about this album except for the idea.

truth, +1
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2007, 11:01:39 AM »
I gotta say, there are fantasic arguments being made on both sides + 1 to everyone with a reasonable post too. Gotta let yall know where I stand on the albums

Dogg Food-10/10 Made a great album. Too bump it nowadays sounds a little played out to me, but Kurupt was at his best lyrically and Daz was spittin too. His production on this album was top notch too.

Dillinger & Young Gotti 10/10 Another great one, and my favorite DPG project. They attacked this album with such fire, great production, great lyrics, great background vocals.

Dillinger & Young Gotti II  7.5/10 Great nostalgic album if only too here the duo together again. Good beats, but the lyrics were mostly weak.

Cali Iz Active 6/10 One of the worst albums ever to come out of an artist/group with so much respectable catalog. DPG is not a pop group, they should never try to be. The mixing, mastering was terrible on this as well. I know they haven't had many high budget sounding albums in a while, but what's the point of hiring all the big name producers, and not having the beats sound right.

Dogg Chit-7/10  Another great album, more comfortable than D & YGII. Most of the songs have no point, and Daz's verses are interchangable. Dogg Chit imo does mark the return of Kurupt as someone at least listenable. I though the mixing coulda have been better, but still wasn't as bad as CIA.

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2007, 01:44:53 PM »
my biggest complaint with the dpg is they need to stop falling off and coming back/returning to their origins. once i can see but they seem to do it every other album and i gotta say its less exciting every time.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2007, 02:03:55 PM »
reefer, I don't know who you are but I'm glad you've been posting in the last two days.

good call on DYG1's bckgrd vocals, they are sick. yeah man, I didn't use to say this but DYG1 is as good ass Dogg Food(only whack track is work dat pussy, but the other fuckin' 20 are dope). this shit is getting constant rotation for me right now. how many, c walkin cha cha cha and countless others are just on some next shit and I'm just now catching up.

I've only heard CIA burnt and it sounds fine to me. i really dislike that paul wall track, but the rest of that shit is dope to me. the first 3 or 4 songs I remember just bein hot as shit. the rage and both rbx tracks are dope as shit. the 2 soopafly tracks..man, I'll stop but damn I really like CIA, I think I like it as much as DYGII maybe but those are the two that are newest to my ears.

i will probably make follow up posts for daz and Kurupt's solo discographys. I've heard only RRGB and RAW from daz, nothing else. and I've not heard Kurupt's ATG or SDDS either, but i've heard the rest of his. i don't think i will be as pleased with this though, I really dislike alot of Kuruption and I have a feeling I may not like some of the stuff daz did like all his work with JT, Ghetto G, Mac Shawn etc. but hey maybe I'll be surprised.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2007, 02:08:06 PM »
reefer, I don't know who you are but I'm glad you've been posting in the last two days.

good call on DYG1's bckgrd vocals, they are sick. yeah man, I didn't use to say this but DYG1 is as good ass Dogg Food(only whack track is work dat pussy, but the other fuckin' 20 are dope). this shit is getting constant rotation for me right now. how many, c walkin cha cha cha and countless others are just on some next shit and I'm just now catching up.

I've only heard CIA burnt and it sounds fine to me. i really dislike that paul wall track, but the rest of that shit is dope to me. the first 3 or 4 songs I remember just bein hot as shit. the rage and both rbx tracks are dope as shit. the 2 soopafly tracks..man, I'll stop but damn I really like CIA, I think I like it as much as DYGII maybe but those are the two that are newest to my ears.

i will probably make follow up posts for daz and Kurupt's solo discographys. I've heard only RRGB and RAW from daz, nothing else. and I've not heard Kurupt's ATG or SDDS either, but i've heard the rest of his. i don't think i will be as pleased with this though, I really dislike alot of Kuruption and I have a feeling I may not like some of the stuff daz did like all his work with JT, Ghetto G, Mac Shawn etc. but hey maybe I'll be surprised.

-T

You don't know who? Theres a hint in my avatar 8)

I was wondering if u were gonna do separate posts for Daz & Kurupt as solo's or keep it in this thread?

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2007, 02:09:26 PM »
i like this is the life i lead by daz, you should check it out. i think its as good as RR&GB.

Lunatic

« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2007, 02:15:48 PM »

-T

I was wondering if u were gonna do separate posts for Daz & Kurupt as solo's or keep it in this thread?

are you floatin_above_everything? lol

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2007, 02:20:33 PM »

-T

yeah, I tried keeping it simple lol.

Lunatic

« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2007, 02:21:55 PM »

-T

yeah, I tried keeping it simple lol.

true that homie 8)

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2007, 02:23:49 PM »
I think this topic proves how passionate DPG fans are about their music, props to Tanj and everyone in this thread

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2007, 02:25:22 PM »
I plan to check most Daz, i remeber the life i lead ads in RAW and DYG. anyway, this ain't floatin above. you should narrow your sig down to 2007 imo.

i'm gonna do a Daz discog post and a Kurupt discog post. but first i need the discogs in mp3 lol.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2007, 02:26:30 PM »
I plan to check most Daz, i remeber the life i lead ads in RAW and DYG. anyway, this ain't floatin above. you should narrow your sig down to 2007 imo.

i'm gonna do a Daz discog post and a Kurupt discog post. but first i need the discogs in mp3 lol.

-T

Which albums do u need/or are missing?

Lunatic

« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2007, 02:28:18 PM »
I think this topic proves how passionate DPG fans are about their music, props to Tanj and everyone in this thread

exactly, props 2 you 2 my man

Tanj: you need any links? ;D

i'm willing to help you along with the homie reefer alston

Paul

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2007, 02:31:34 PM »
fantastic debate guys, been readin this for the last 20 minutes lol, i love the dogg pound, heav all of my life, its great to see other peoples opinions on things, Tanj, i agree with almost everything u post on this message board finnaly lol iv found something i dont, Work Dat Pussy is bangin lol
funkyfreshintheflesh