Author Topic: Thoughts on Dogg Pound after finally hearing the discography  (Read 8894 times)

floatin_above_everything

Re: Thoughts on Dogg Pound after finally hearing the discography
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2007, 02:31:44 PM »
I plan to check most Daz, i remeber the life i lead ads in RAW and DYG. anyway, this ain't floatin above. you should narrow your sig down to 2007 imo.

i'm gonna do a Daz discog post and a Kurupt discog post. but first i need the discogs in mp3 lol.

-T

This is him Tanj. I left Nas, SP & Jeezy on there cuz they came out so late last year, and Nas/Jeezy had major singles this year too. If enough peeps think it's right, I'm not opposed to changing it to albums released in 07 though 8)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2007, 02:34:52 PM »
i agree about the passion. their shit is so funky and entertaining, and it bangs you know?

i need

R.A.W(my copy got scratched but I have bought it)
everything daz has done since R.A.W lol

fuck da world from space boogie (i distilled the best tracks from SB and kuruption on my PC, i hated ALOT of those songs...but i accidentally deleted fuck da world)

what was Kurupt's next from there? ATG and SDDS? I need those.

also, I haven't burnt bangin west coast yet cause I don't wanna listen to the shitty quaity songs...i remember someone mentioning that there's only 2 songs with shitty sound quality, which are they?

thanks yall

oh it's all you floatin, i was just suggesstin, cause the list looks big. i would just suggest phasing the 06 ones out as more 07's fill it up

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Lunatic

« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2007, 02:37:11 PM »
i agree about the passion. their shit is so funky and entertaining, and it bangs you know?

i need

fuck da world from space boogie (i distilled the best tracks from SB and kuruption on my PC, i hated ALOT of those songs...but i accidentally deleted fuck da world)

also, I haven't burnt bangin west coast yet cause I don't wanna listen to the shitty quaity songs...i remember someone mentioning that there's only 2 songs with shitty sound quality, which are they?

thanks yall

oh it's all you floatin, i was just suggesstin, cause the list looks big. i would just suggest phasing the 06 ones out as more 07's fill it up

-T

im'a hit your pm with links to most if not all of them albums
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2007, 02:37:26 PM »
fantastic debate guys, been readin this for the last 20 minutes lol, i love the dogg pound, heav all of my life, its great to see other peoples opinions on things, Tanj, i agree with almost everything u post on this message board finnaly lol iv found something i dont, Work Dat Pussy is bangin lol

It bangs in a system.

Paul

« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2007, 02:38:54 PM »
fantastic debate guys, been readin this for the last 20 minutes lol, i love the dogg pound, heav all of my life, its great to see other peoples opinions on things, Tanj, i agree with almost everything u post on this message board finnaly lol iv found something i dont, Work Dat Pussy is bangin lol

It bangs in a system.

beat is crazy, lyrics are subject but i think they were meant to be
funkyfreshintheflesh

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2007, 02:40:05 PM »

i need

thanks yall

-T

I got a couple for you too. Check ya PM's in a sec for Fuck Da World. And as I find albums, that are better than what I got in the list, they will be placed in strategically. I'm sure Jeezy won't be there in a couple months, but Nas will probably hold the crown for me.

acgrundy

« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2007, 11:44:00 PM »
I always got love for DPG, but they suck nowadays...

Dogg Food - Classic, I love it, never get tired of it
DYG -  Great album, not classic, but good follow up, bumped the shit out of it the year it was released
RR&GB - Classic, love this album, just below dogg food
Dogg Pound 2002 - pretty damn good album, about half is tracks that were already heard, if they weren't this would have been a great album.
SIAM - Dope album, although overrated.  Who Ride With Us and SIAM are 2 of my all time fav dpg tracks
Raw - really dope album

everything else is avg at best and a good lot of it is garbage.  You can definately tell how much snoop adds w/ his involvement.

XaNdEr

« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2007, 12:08:38 AM »
see everyone complains about how they fallen off, kurupt need to actually spend time on lyrics.

and tanj why dont you like kuruption? it has 23 tracks, at least 15 are tight, the rest is good too, depends on how you look at them, like you said yourself.

i think you def get your money's worth when you cop kuruption  :)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2007, 01:32:54 AM »
i was so immensely disappointed with Kuruption upon first hearing it, but in retrospect it has one albums worth of solid songs, i agree. -T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Okka

« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2007, 02:16:53 AM »
D.P.G.= The Greatest Rap Group Ever

XaNdEr

« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2007, 02:46:20 AM »

uuuh....o.....k....

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2007, 01:20:43 PM »

truth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lunatic

« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2007, 01:57:10 PM »
i was so immensely disappointed with Kuruption upon first hearing it, but in retrospect it has one albums worth of solid songs, i agree. -T

hated kuruption

d-nice

« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2007, 02:46:32 PM »

hated kuruption

I was not too hyped about it either and I popped it in a couple of weeks ago. It had some good tracks but the album was so uneven. I would go from dope to wack so quick for me.

Lunatic

« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2007, 02:50:49 PM »

hated kuruption

I was not too hyped about it either and I popped it in a couple of weeks ago. It had some good tracks but the album was so uneven. I would go from dope to wack so quick for me.

its a loooong album, with few good tracks. the major problem is that it drags on to much. Make Some Noize, Play My Cards, We Can Freak It, C-Walk, Ask Yourself a Question, Gimmewhutchagot, & Who Do You Be are the only tracks that I bump. Thats 7 out of 23. If instead of making a double disc (1 for west, 1 for east) he made 1 disc, with 6-7 west coast sounding songs, and 6-7 east coast sounding songs, (including the 1s i mentioned that i enjoyed) we'd have a much better album