Author Topic: DMX Talkin' Slick About The West Coast  (Read 1448 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: DMX Talkin' Slick About The West Coast
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2007, 04:33:58 PM »
one thing I found interesting is that DMX said that he likes Game, I remember Nas also saying that Game is one of his favorite rappers, I think the hype that always surrounds Game has overshadowed the fact that dude has made drastic improvements in his rapping, killing all his recent guest spots

agreed, I've said numerous times that I think game improves every time he drops something.

anybody killa is doper than his raps on history is doper than his raps on DA is doper than his raps on Doc.

-T

If you like his album material, you should hear his mixtapes.

i've been thinking that for a while but I have a feeling it would throw a monkey wrench into my dre archive organization, he raps over alot of old dre beats often doesn't he? that would be pretty dope.

i'm down for the UKWII vol.1-3 if anyone's willing to hook it

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

We Fly High

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2007, 04:34:42 PM »
murs dont smoke or drink ^^ in ref to Tanj's post.

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2007, 05:49:15 PM »
nigga X speakin real shit, but none of ya'll gonna accept it... all Cali rap is tha same shit or some bullshit, b real... all these new niggas comin out aint really shit, tha only reason y they gettin recognition is bcuz finally Snoop or Dre didnt put em out there.  theres some artists out there thas iight (Bishop...Bishop... aww fuck it) but seriously, do u think Y.Joker, YaBoy, or any of these new niggas have that artist structure (lyrics, swag, BEATS, topics) niggas in Cali got tha whole world 2 rap about (all that crazy shit goin on in LA) and niggas still talkin bout shit???? i grew up on West Coast music (*I aint livin in tha past, infact it makes me mad wen niggas still talk about "Music 2 Driveby" or "Doggystyle), shiiit, DPG Fell Off Hard than a muthafucka (*b real... Kurupt flow sounds off 75% of tha time, and Daz's verses sound repetitive*)... Who on tha side is comin crazy like Cube did or crankin beats like Dre did, face it tha west lives off tha past... Tha south, them niggas juss tryna git money, thas y all that shit sounds tha same, its club music and its a different world down there, definatly not 100(%) like da East... wen niggas own up 2 da truth then it'll sound different but until then tha biggest artists comin out from tha west is only tha niggas branchin off da NWA-Tree (and dont say Pac, cuz that nigga from da East)...  oh yea as far as smokin weed, it prolly is tha Cali lifestyle, but if u ever been ANYWHERE else in tha world EVERYBODY rides and smokes griddle, its just wat niggas do.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 05:52:42 PM by arthurnelson88 »
I only fuck with 10's

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2007, 06:18:13 PM »
it's funny of all people DMX is saying this considering he nearly signed with Death Row in the mid 90's and works with Kartoon, who's a west coast artist on Ruff Ryders.  If Jay-Z and 50 cent were to say something like this, it'd be somewhat of a big deal (but they've bitten so much from the west coast rap culture that it'd be stupid for them to diss the west coast in the first place), but considering its DMX, just brush these comments aside

Jay Z fucked up too though "Yall roll blunts I smoke cubans all day" that shit is the worst line in hip hop history imo and it makes him a white conservative 56 year old republican in my mind for it. if that didn't kill any street cred he may have had I don't know what will you know?

-T

Jay doesn't smoke weed that's why he said that. And as far as his street cred goes, people out here got so much love for him, he could probably walk through the hoods of Jersey untouched.

papa-smurf

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2007, 08:21:24 PM »
muthafuck DMX,I cant wait until crooked i come out,somebody from the west need 2 smash this crackhead ass muthafucka,kurupt already smashed him once before,

Al Bundy

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2007, 08:46:19 PM »
it's funny of all people DMX is saying this considering he nearly signed with Death Row in the mid 90's and works with Kartoon, who's a west coast artist on Ruff Ryders.  If Jay-Z and 50 cent were to say something like this, it'd be somewhat of a big deal (but they've bitten so much from the west coast rap culture that it'd be stupid for them to diss the west coast in the first place), but considering its DMX, just brush these comments aside

Jay Z fucked up too though "Yall roll blunts I smoke cubans all day" that shit is the worst line in hip hop history imo and it makes him a white conservative 56 year old republican in my mind for it. if that didn't kill any street cred he may have had I don't know what will you know?

-T

Jay doesn't smoke weed that's why he said that. And as far as his street cred goes, people out here got so much love for him, he could probably walk through the hoods of Jersey untouched.

There's always gunna be some fucktard who hates him.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2007, 10:11:56 PM »

-T

Guess I'm a fucktard, I hate Jay Z but RD is classic, I can admit.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2007, 10:14:50 PM »

-T

Guess I'm a fucktard, I hate Jay Z but RD is classic, I can admit.

-T

I think he was referring to my comment about Jay being able to walk through the hoods of NJ, NY. Youre right, someone would start shooting or try to jux.

Since I know alot of yall hate anything Jay-Z related here's a funny fact: Memphis Bleek is married to a girl who is the daughter of one of my high school teachers. He resides in a town called Keyport, which is the next town over from me. Bleek has been robbed not once, not twice but a rumored 5 times being out here. You don't have to believe me, but when do I ever post gossip?

XaNdEr

« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2007, 12:49:08 AM »
to my original post, i have not seen any comment which is about the post itself, maybe 1 or 2 posts, nothing more definately.

I took X's statement, and i connected it with the recent westcoast developments and with the last years. I am not saying X's statement is totally true, im not saying hes not a crackhead, im not saying he never did any westcoast cat. All im saying is that he got some truth in that interview.

WHen you think about it, the west is not blowing up, and all this "new west" movement, who can make a hot mixtape, get signed to a major and then fail to drop anything isnt helping the west come back.

Whatever the reasons are for the majors not to put out any albums of these new west cats is not part of this discussion, and im not gonna go into it right now. It is a fact that every "good westcoast album" we appreciate and look forward to drop, nowadays is from a veteran (like Snoop, Cube, Dre etc.) and apart from The Game, there is NO younger westcoast star who makes albums the mainstream likes.

All we get is recycled lyrics from the old stars about lowriders and weed (Smoke Some Weed, anyone??) and whatever else. All i said was if the west is to compete with the south and east, they have to evolve, and not stay in the golden era forever, cause outside the west, the world has moved on, like it or not.

And no matter how much anyone in here (including myself) may like a DPG album, or a Ice Cube record, it is still the same old shit, if you feeling me.

I hope Bishop Lamont can actually make a westcoast album containing a new formula. Cause the old one isnt working.

"Every coast has problems" is stupid to say. The east doesnt sell much either, but they still manage to put out decent, original eastcoast-albums every year, and not just the veterans like Nas.

For the south, they have unity, everything that blows up these days is from the south. Everyone saying its wack Mike Jones sold so much, that is true, but it is the state of the game. We have to accept that saleswise and fanwise Mike Jones >>>> Westcoast.

And that says a lot. The west needs to form one group to be really succesful. Why do you think the west was running things back in the G-Funk era? There was just a select few who put out great westcoast albums and helped evolve the G-Funk style. And lets face it, apart from Cube, Eazy etc. It was basically Death Row....nowadays everyone on the west is beefing over nothing (Daz, anyone???) and thats NOT helping.

Anyways these are just my thoughts. Peace and +1 to everyone who came with good arguments. Its all good, nah its all hood.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 01:01:45 AM by Je Weet Zelf »

Okka

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2007, 01:59:47 AM »
X should stop smokin that crack...

ITIZWHATITIZ

• Lil Geezy
  • Lifes a bitch then u die thats why we get high...
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2007, 02:11:19 AM »
Dmx is dope

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/l7b3h2Bfd3g&amp;rel=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/l7b3h2Bfd3g&amp;rel=1</a>

DAVIDSAOC

« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2007, 09:17:55 AM »
Fuck DMX! He been washed up.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2007, 09:20:19 AM »

I GOT CRAZY LOVE 4 DMX , HES A REAL ASS DUDE

BEST PERFORMER IVE EVER SEEN LIVE IN MY LIFE

HE GOT LOVE FOR THE WEST COAST WHEN HE CAME OUT WITH FLESH OF MY FLESH BLOOD OF MY BLOOD MOST OF YOU POSTERS TALKING SHIT WERE PROBOBLY 9 YEARS OLD STILL WATCHING POWER RANGERS

dexter

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2007, 09:57:49 AM »
X should stop smokin that crack...
True

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2007, 10:09:36 AM »
Nobody wants 2 admit that 90% of Westcoast music is bullshit and watered down formulas of tha eastcoast & down south.  the south has catchy lyrics and niggaz get mad at dat shit lol.  face every coast is gonna die...

Eastcoast: 86-90/91/00-03
Westcoast: 91/92 - 98/99
Southside: 03 - 07

i betcha in a couple years tha MidWest gonna blow up 2, same with ova here in MD,DC,VA... house music is takin ova and aint nobody see it yet.
I only fuck with 10's