Author Topic: DMX Talkin' Slick About The West Coast  (Read 1451 times)

RastaFari

• Lil Geezy
  • - its green and it tastes good, what can it be?
Re: DMX Talkin' Slick About The West Coast
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2007, 10:31:34 AM »
YAA we get Smoki smokie in this bitch mah man, dmx is just yeallus cauze he aint smoked "one" befo 8) 8)

- I can smoke it, you cant.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2007, 01:01:07 PM »
X is just a very troubled guy. I don't think he realizes half the shit that comes outta his mouth.

Him dissing a Cali rapper is nothing new, X don't give a fuck and to us, most of the LA rappers do only seem to talk about weed, bitches and lowriders.

As far as this crazy nigga saying they smokin dirt in NYC, he must be on crack. NY=home of the piff. Don't tell me he's got no money left and can only afford those nicks of dirt u buy at the Square.

stop lyin ny dont have no piff

except cali.,,.yall chronic is shit
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Al Bundy

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2007, 01:17:41 PM »
it's funny of all people DMX is saying this considering he nearly signed with Death Row in the mid 90's and works with Kartoon, who's a west coast artist on Ruff Ryders.  If Jay-Z and 50 cent were to say something like this, it'd be somewhat of a big deal (but they've bitten so much from the west coast rap culture that it'd be stupid for them to diss the west coast in the first place), but considering its DMX, just brush these comments aside

Jay Z fucked up too though "Yall roll blunts I smoke cubans all day" that shit is the worst line in hip hop history imo and it makes him a white conservative 56 year old republican in my mind for it. if that didn't kill any street cred he may have had I don't know what will you know?

-T

Jay doesn't smoke weed that's why he said that. And as far as his street cred goes, people out here got so much love for him, he could probably walk through the hoods of Jersey untouched.

There's always gunna be some fucktard who hates him.

Guess I'm a fucktard, I hate Jay Z but RD is classic, I can admit.

-T

I doubt you HATE him but dislike him. When I mean hate, I mean someone who's gunna try and check Jay-Z.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2007, 02:02:45 PM »
nigga X speakin real shit, but none of ya'll gonna accept it... all Cali rap is tha same shit or some bullshit, b real... all these new niggas comin out aint really shit, tha only reason y they gettin recognition is bcuz finally Snoop or Dre didnt put em out there.  theres some artists out there thas iight (Bishop...Bishop... aww fuck it) but seriously, do u think Y.Joker, YaBoy, or any of these new niggas have that artist structure (lyrics, swag, BEATS, topics) niggas in Cali got tha whole world 2 rap about (all that crazy shit goin on in LA) and niggas still talkin bout shit???? i grew up on West Coast music (*I aint livin in tha past, infact it makes me mad wen niggas still talk about "Music 2 Driveby" or "Doggystyle), shiiit, DPG Fell Off Hard than a muthafucka (*b real... Kurupt flow sounds off 75% of tha time, and Daz's verses sound repetitive*)... Who on tha side is comin crazy like Cube did or crankin beats like Dre did, face it tha west lives off tha past... Tha south, them niggas juss tryna git money, thas y all that shit sounds tha same, its club music and its a different world down there, definatly not 100(%) like da East... wen niggas own up 2 da truth then it'll sound different but until then tha biggest artists comin out from tha west is only tha niggas branchin off da NWA-Tree (and dont say Pac, cuz that nigga from da East)...  oh yea as far as smokin weed, it prolly is tha Cali lifestyle, but if u ever been ANYWHERE else in tha world EVERYBODY rides and smokes griddle, its just wat niggas do.

Exactly. I agree 100%.

14 years ago, I was ridin' 100% for the west coast. I used to be up in the underground scene, and when a New Yorker would come through talking shit, I'd serve em. Then when east coast rappers blew up using gangsta rap (Mobb Deep, Black Moon, Biggie, Nas, Wu-Tang), I had more than enough lyrical ammunition to serve mufuckas.

Now I look at the west coast and I shake my head. You have to admit, outside of a few heads here and there, it's mostly garbage. I don't know how anyone with a straight face can say that DPG is still tight. They're an embarassment. Most of these new cats coming out are trying to blow up off their gang affiliations or who they're daddy is instead of talent, paying dues and having hip hop credentials. In the 90's cats paid they dues. They were up in the trenches battling. That's what gave Cube, Kurupt and Snoop the right talk all the shit they did. Nowadays these wack fucks with a gang affiliation think they're entitled to the world just because they dropped a garbage mixtape and can occasionally rhyme words.

Face it, aside from a few folks, the west coast fell the fuck off hard, you can't really deny that. How long can you rap about the same old stuff? Switch shit up a ittle bit. That goes for the new west and the old west. Some rappers just need to retire and go behind the scenes and some of the new cats should try something else for a living. Leave hip hop for cats with talent that paid dues and actually love and live hip hop.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Section 8 II

• Lil Geezy
  • The Days of Old
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2007, 04:26:25 PM »
x is basically sayin the east is harder and more real than the west?

the east got cats like Curtis, talkin on his cars and boats,

the new pharcyde aitn about low lows
the new souls of mischief is about real life and so is the new people under the stairs...

spice 1s last album was some hard shit,
SC cartels shit is always hard real shit

most real east cats got mad love for the east,

take pete rocks soul survivor, its got kurupt and eiht on it,
and eiht on loads of Wu tang shit

i dont thik dmx really knows what hes on about

South Central CArtel - Young Cali/Young Prod

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2007, 04:39:44 PM »
X is just a very troubled guy. I don't think he realizes half the shit that comes outta his mouth.

Him dissing a Cali rapper is nothing new, X don't give a fuck and to us, most of the LA rappers do only seem to talk about weed, bitches and lowriders.

As far as this crazy nigga saying they smokin dirt in NYC, he must be on crack. NY=home of the piff. Don't tell me he's got no money left and can only afford those nicks of dirt u buy at the Square.

stop lyin ny dont have no piff

except cali.,,.yall chronic is shit

Where do u think Dipset got the term from. Cali's got the Dro, and NY has got the haze/piff.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2007, 10:39:05 PM »
Bitches in NY Still have the nerve to say why we hate them bitchez!!! Cause they ain't nothing but fucken haters!! They talk shit but copy our style! Fucken bitch ass DMX still mad cuz he got served by Young Gotti Homie!!! DMX Cant realet cuz he is East!! Thats why you cant relate faget!! GAme has a NY Style? Ha hA! He just raps on NY Beatz!! Thats why Puto!! Fuck DMX!! Fucken Crack Head!! They got served in "Hit Em Up", "New York, New York"," Bow Down"! Fuck that Druggy!!

Lunatic, this is the type of post I was talking about lol. Usually I would defend my coast to the fullest to the don't knows, but with guys like this, I don't see how it would benefit me.
[/q

Yeah I don't even support comments like that, but I knew they would be coming when someone make a blanket statement like the one X made.
I dont give a fuck what you do!!! I defend my turf cuz i luv where im from!!! Thats why!! I dont talk shit for no fucken reason!! Why you bitches act like what im saying aint true!! You fools are just sensitive on the aggressive response but Thats how I feel!! Its not like im going to start a riot!! Its just my fucken opinion. Many people in the west want to say the shit I said, so I said it for all the west coast homies that Luv Cali like I do.. Nobody gonna say some stupid shit like DMX without gettin a response back!! I give props to the real NY Homies that are true to their land but bitches like DMX can suck my dick with his hating ass comment that didnt even make sense! Bitch swears thats all we rap about!! Fucken Idiot!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2007, 10:51:48 PM »
nigga X speakin real shit, but none of ya'll gonna accept it... all Cali rap is tha same shit or some bullshit, b real... all these new niggas comin out aint really shit, tha only reason y they gettin recognition is bcuz finally Snoop or Dre didnt put em out there.  theres some artists out there thas iight (Bishop...Bishop... aww fuck it) but seriously, do u think Y.Joker, YaBoy, or any of these new niggas have that artist structure (lyrics, swag, BEATS, topics) niggas in Cali got tha whole world 2 rap about (all that crazy shit goin on in LA) and niggas still talkin bout shit???? i grew up on West Coast music (*I aint livin in tha past, infact it makes me mad wen niggas still talk about "Music 2 Driveby" or "Doggystyle), shiiit, DPG Fell Off Hard than a muthafucka (*b real... Kurupt flow sounds off 75% of tha time, and Daz's verses sound repetitive*)... Who on tha side is comin crazy like Cube did or crankin beats like Dre did, face it tha west lives off tha past... Tha south, them niggas juss tryna git money, thas y all that shit sounds tha same, its club music and its a different world down there, definatly not 100(%) like da East... wen niggas own up 2 da truth then it'll sound different but until then tha biggest artists comin out from tha west is only tha niggas branchin off da NWA-Tree (and dont say Pac, cuz that nigga from da East)...  oh yea as far as smokin weed, it prolly is tha Cali lifestyle, but if u ever been ANYWHERE else in tha world EVERYBODY rides and smokes griddle, its just wat niggas do.

Exactly. I agree 100%.

14 years ago, I was ridin' 100% for the west coast. I used to be up in the underground scene, and when a New Yorker would come through talking shit, I'd serve em. Then when east coast rappers blew up using gangsta rap (Mobb Deep, Black Moon, Biggie, Nas, Wu-Tang), I had more than enough lyrical ammunition to serve mufuckas.

Now I look at the west coast and I shake my head. You have to admit, outside of a few heads here and there, it's mostly garbage. I don't know how anyone with a straight face can say that DPG is still tight. They're an embarassment. Most of these new cats coming out are trying to blow up off their gang affiliations or who they're daddy is instead of talent, paying dues and having hip hop credentials. In the 90's cats paid they dues. They were up in the trenches battling. That's what gave Cube, Kurupt and Snoop the right talk all the shit they did. Nowadays these wack fucks with a gang affiliation think they're entitled to the world just because they dropped a garbage mixtape and can occasionally rhyme words.

Face it, aside from a few folks, the west coast fell the fuck off hard, you can't really deny that. How long can you rap about the same old stuff? Switch shit up a ittle bit. That goes for the new west and the old west. Some rappers just need to retire and go behind the scenes and some of the new cats should try something else for a living. Leave hip hop for cats with talent that paid dues and actually love and live hip hop.

Like Crooked I Once Said!!! "If You Say Tupac Aint West You A Fucken Idiot"!! He Was Born East!! Raised West Bitch!! 2PAc Quotes!!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

XaNdEr

« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2007, 11:44:39 PM »

Exactly. I agree 100%.

+1 to both of you, thats what i meant with my 2 earlier posts. rappers (old and new) stick to much to the succesformula of rap in the golden era for the west.

To comment on Tanj, im not from the westcoast, so maybe its easier for me to criticize it, since i cant realte to 100% of the music, but you gotta understand that i cant relate to eastcoast or south to the fullest as well, and right now i have to admit i like south over east and west. it is going against the grain to actually speak against a culture, but i got the balls to say it, if westcoast rap wants to get at least some shine again, they will have to switch up their music. cause it might be cool music to you, but to the rest of the world except cali it is getting played out, same old songs, same old concepts, same old subjects etc.

i dont want to criticize anyone's culture, cause i realize how important that is, but like you said, a rapper can be from the west and rap about different things then just the culture. but fact is, the westcoast culture used to be a export-product for music, and it sold. nowadays peeps still sellin it, but almost nobody wants to buy it anymore, its not new anymore, so its time for the west to switch up styles. not all rappers should, but at least a grip of up and coming talent should talk about different things then just lowriders, weed, crip/blood/gang-affiliations etc. the world doesnt want that anymore, simple...

if you like the music as it is right now, then i ask you this, do you want it to stay like this forever? or do you want cali blow the fuck up again? cause theres def some talented dudes that can be part of a revival of the west, like ya boy, bishop lamont.

i love the westcoast, but im not from there, so its easy for me to comment on it, but this is my truest opinion though.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2007, 01:16:02 AM »

Exactly. I agree 100%.

+1 to both of you, thats what i meant with my 2 earlier posts. rappers (old and new) stick to much to the succesformula of rap in the golden era for the west.

To comment on Tanj, im not from the westcoast, so maybe its easier for me to criticize it, since i cant realte to 100% of the music, but you gotta understand that i cant relate to eastcoast or south to the fullest as well, and right now i have to admit i like south over east and west. it is going against the grain to actually speak against a culture, but i got the balls to say it, if westcoast rap wants to get at least some shine again, they will have to switch up their music. cause it might be cool music to you, but to the rest of the world except cali it is getting played out, same old songs, same old concepts, same old subjects etc.

i dont want to criticize anyone's culture, cause i realize how important that is, but like you said, a rapper can be from the west and rap about different things then just the culture. but fact is, the westcoast culture used to be a export-product for music, and it sold. nowadays peeps still sellin it, but almost nobody wants to buy it anymore, its not new anymore, so its time for the west to switch up styles. not all rappers should, but at least a grip of up and coming talent should talk about different things then just lowriders, weed, crip/blood/gang-affiliations etc. the world doesnt want that anymore, simple...

if you like the music as it is right now, then i ask you this, do you want it to stay like this forever? or do you want cali blow the fuck up again? cause theres def some talented dudes that can be part of a revival of the west, like ya boy, bishop lamont.

i love the westcoast, but im not from there, so its easy for me to comment on it, but this is my truest opinion though.

i feel that, i agree. i don't want a grip of new rappers tryna be the next snoop, next cube, next pac or whatever but the people that do that g funk centric shit well, I think have a right to still do it as well as some new cats that do it well (Game is an interesting experiment in meta cognition at worst)

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

XaNdEr

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2007, 01:51:42 AM »
+1 man, i didnt mean to criticize any culture, just a part of the music. its cool if there are g-funk cats in the future, just like rock still got the rollin stones for example, but i dont want west coast rap to stagnate and stay on the same level while the rest moves on.

i can definately see the eastcoast step their game up the last months, and with new talents like papoose, jin etc. over there i can see them get on top of things again. the south is still popular, but wait til they get in the west' position in a while, then htey will have to come up with something new again as well, since the "sippin syrup" and "woodgrain" in their lyrics is getting played out too...

i just want the west to shine, and if that takes inventing a new style in (westcoast)rap apart from the old g-funk and gangsta-rap, then so be it. the world is changing and not everything stays like it is right now, its hard to accept if its a part of your own culture, but in the end it might be necessary.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2007, 04:05:55 AM »
DMX is cluesless what he even sayin

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2007, 04:27:44 AM »
This is not the first time he has dissed the West
He dissed Pac and the West in a freestyle years ago.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2007, 01:52:31 PM »
It's all about being an artists. The reason why the west was on top is because we had artists. It didn't matter what genre of west coast rap you were into. You listened to Pharcyde, you heard artists. You listened to $hort and the Dangerous Crew, you heard artists. You listened to Death Row, you heard artists. You listened to the Likwit crew, you heard artists. These are guys that paid dues. They did the hole in the wall house parties and dive bars. They were in the battle rap circuits. They did tours and opened up for established artists. They hustled they're ass off. They signed fucked up record deals just to get their music out there and heard. They were hungry and most of all, these dudes loved the music. You could hear it in the music. You can tell if someone loves the music just by listening to it. Whether it was a backpacker, pimp or gangbanger, it didn't matter, these were hip hop dudes that loved the music and the culture.

A lot of the new cats are not artists. They're just dudes throwing words together. That's the main difference. Where are the Busta Rhymes of the west coast? The Ghostface Killah's of the west coast? The Common's of the west coast? The Nas's of the west coast? It's only a handful of people and that's it. That's the problem. The love isn't there, that's the problem. In NY and the South, there are plenty of garbage acts but there are plenty of passionate artists to offset the wackness. Where are our artists? There are only a few.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Section 8 II

• Lil Geezy
  • The Days of Old
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2007, 03:09:33 PM »
It's all about being an artists. The reason why the west was on top is because we had artists. It didn't matter what genre of west coast rap you were into. You listened to Pharcyde, you heard artists. You listened to $hort and the Dangerous Crew, you heard artists. You listened to Death Row, you heard artists. You listened to the Likwit crew, you heard artists. These are guys that paid dues. They did the hole in the wall house parties and dive bars. They were in the battle rap circuits. They did tours and opened up for established artists. They hustled they're ass off. They signed fucked up record deals just to get their music out there and heard. They were hungry and most of all, these dudes loved the music. You could hear it in the music. You can tell if someone loves the music just by listening to it. Whether it was a backpacker, pimp or gangbanger, it didn't matter, these were hip hop dudes that loved the music and the culture.

A lot of the new cats are not artists. They're just dudes throwing words together. That's the main difference. Where are the Busta Rhymes of the west coast? The Ghostface Killah's of the west coast? The Common's of the west coast? The Nas's of the west coast? It's only a handful of people and that's it. That's the problem. The love isn't there, that's the problem. In NY and the South, there are plenty of garbage acts but there are plenty of passionate artists to offset the wackness. Where are our artists? There are only a few.

so what ya sayin is the east has its wack artists like say 50, then it has is true hip hop artists like wu tang or pete rock

the thing with the west is, i tihnk its flooded with bullshit like, shit mixtapes and pretend gangbangers, that the real shit cant get tru

and every one wanted there own bussiness and lable its stupid, thay need to work together and be on each others lable insted of allways wantin to be the boss....
thne when ya got lables packed with great artist, then i think the west will be noticed

South Central CArtel - Young Cali/Young Prod