Author Topic: DMX Talkin' Slick About The West Coast  (Read 1446 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: DMX Talkin' Slick About The West Coast
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2007, 07:41:01 PM »
these last two posts^^ are a good argument for older acts like snoop/cube changing their topic matter...because in what they are saying they are giving young CA cats the wrong impression: that if you're a crip/blood you can get a record deal and the really artistic rappin' cats out in CA are discouraged from rapping because they are not gangster.

damn....that's real spit....

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

XaNdEr

« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2007, 11:43:42 PM »
Yeah, thats what i was trying to say with swiutching their styles up. They need to get off that (mostly fake) gangbang shit and start puttin in some effort in their music. We, as fans, deserve that much.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2007, 12:16:05 AM »
but the counter argument to that would be that: it's not snoop/cube etc. fault that the young cats get that impression. in fact, older gangster rappers are always tellin young gangster rappers to stop doin' that shit, stop bitin, stop fakin etc.

it's the younger generation (i.e. a cat like B. Lamont...NOT a cat like 40 glocc or spider loc?) that needs to step their game up and do something different...

come to think of it that's why cats like OutKast and Lupe Fiasco get popular, cause they're bringin' somethin' different out of their region. People want to see that on the west coast.

and yeah, there are way less artists than hustlers now in hip hop, especially in CA where shit is so expensive. c.r.e.a.m.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram