Author Topic: Another Muslim rapper doing it better than anyone today..  (Read 944 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Another Muslim rapper doing it better than anyone today..
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2007, 05:02:22 PM »
I love how Infinite's change of heart came after I mentioned the folk and rock influence.

No worries Brian, his African influence is much greater on this record than any rock influence. Sadly there are no songs about killing the white man, but he doesn't make fun of modern America's gang rap culture; "If I rhyme about home and got descriptive, I'd make 50 look like Limp Bizkit". That's gotta be worth something.

Out of curiosity, what one song did you hear?

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2007, 06:04:03 PM »
:nawty: :nawty: :nawty: Another Muslim canadian rapper doing it better than anyone today..

lol, you can be both

He's not Canadian.
hes from Somolia reppin tha TdotO   know yr facts from Cananda yes

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 01:26:14 AM »
I love how Infinite's change of heart came after I mentioned the folk and rock influence.

No worries Brian, his African influence is much greater on this record than any rock influence. Sadly there are no songs about killing the white man, but he doesn't make fun of modern America's gang rap culture; "If I rhyme about home and got descriptive, I'd make 50 look like Limp Bizkit". That's gotta be worth something.

is brian black or white?? anyone have any info on why he converted to islam?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2007, 01:46:25 AM »

he's been around for as long as anyone, i think since the dre boards. i've always known him as infinite. from what i gathered, he initially learned about Islam through hip hop and proceeded to study and convert himself. which I think is really cool. he is white, so alot of people on the board give him shit, but if the lifestyle suits you, you should pursue that faith you know? we all have our own spiritual paths and if that's yours, take it i say.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2007, 02:09:34 AM »

he's been around for as long as anyone, i think since the dre boards. i've always known him as infinite. from what i gathered, he initially learned about Islam through hip hop and proceeded to study and convert himself. which I think is really cool. he is white, so alot of people on the board give him shit, but if the lifestyle suits you, you should pursue that faith you know? we all have our own spiritual paths and if that's yours, take it i say.

-T

i have no problem with the fact he has converted to islam, however i dont like the fact he makes threads like this one simply because the person he is enlightening us about is in fact muslim. my quote (coupla posts above) proves this point. he hears one song and makes the statement "another muslim rapper doing it better than anyone today" which i think is absolutly absurd. if you wanna be a muslim, or any other religion for that matter, thats cool, study ya religion dont feel the need to present it to others at any point you can.

also brian do you go to mosque, are you officially converted? are you welcome at the mosque?

Elevz

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2007, 02:13:59 AM »
also brian do you go to mosque, are you officially converted? are you welcome at the mosque?

I'm welcome at the mosque and I'm not a muslim. Whether he feels welcome or is welcomed is a different question though 8)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2007, 02:16:51 AM »

I'm welcome at the mosque and I'm not a muslim. Whether he feels welcome or is welcomed is a different question though 8)

fair enough then

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2007, 04:59:13 AM »
I think muslims are a danger to Freedom across the world and dont deserve to have nuclear capabilities in predominately muslim countries.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 05:05:25 AM by RG »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2007, 09:49:42 AM »
I think muslims are a danger to Freedom across the world and dont deserve to have nuclear capabilities in predominately muslim countries.

LMAO at Rob Goulet

-T

westcoastavengers.com

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2007, 01:55:45 AM »

LMAO at Rob Goulet

-T

haha

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2007, 10:22:22 AM »

Yes, I go to the mosque, and I am welcomed with great generosity.  When you are a convert to Islam, you kind recieve a celebrity status in the mosque.  It's not just me, Muslims love converts in general, and it's always been that way in Islam.

Allah sends out a command for Muslims to enjoin prayer at 5 points in the day.  So that they are continually reminded of their Creator, and thus, they can remain on the straight path towards Allah.  Prayer in the mosque is 27 times more valuable then prayer by oneself, because in the mosque we pray side by side, and this is how the social awareness takes hold of us.  As a group you can achieve much greater spiritual hieghts than one could ever achieve on their own.  The hearts become united through congregational prayer. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Elevz

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2007, 10:40:44 AM »
Prayer in the mosque is 27 times more valuable then prayer by oneself, because in the mosque we pray side by side, and this is how the social awareness takes hold of us.  As a group you can achieve much greater spiritual hieghts than one could ever achieve on their own.  The hearts become united through congregational prayer.

Social awareness? Group spirituality? The muslim leaders I spoke to told me differently. They say praying is something you do for Allah, and nobody or nothing else. It's the individual that supposedly reaches spiritual heights during the prayer - it's all about the individidual's spirit and his contact with Allah. Besides that, I wonder what definition you use for 'social awareness'.

I'm not a muslim, so I can't tell from experience, but isn't all of that rather contradictory to what you just said?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2007, 10:43:45 AM »

Yes, I go to the mosque, and I am welcomed with great generosity.  When you are a convert to Islam, you kind recieve a celebrity status in the mosque.  It's not just me, Muslims love converts in general, and it's always been that way in Islam.

Allah sends out a command for Muslims to enjoin prayer at 5 points in the day.  So that they are continually reminded of their Creator, and thus, they can remain on the straight path towards Allah.  Prayer in the mosque is 27 times more valuable then prayer by oneself, because in the mosque we pray side by side, and this is how the social awareness takes hold of us.  As a group you can achieve much greater spiritual hieghts than one could ever achieve on their own.  The hearts become united through congregational prayer. 

that sounds really beautiful.

Prayer in the mosque is 27 times more valuable then prayer by oneself, because in the mosque we pray side by side, and this is how the social awareness takes hold of us.  As a group you can achieve much greater spiritual hieghts than one could ever achieve on their own.  The hearts become united through congregational prayer.

Social awareness? Group spirituality? The muslim leaders I spoke to told me differently. They say praying is something you do for Allah, and nobody or nothing else. It's the individual that supposedly reaches spiritual heights during the prayer - it's all about the individidual's spirit and his contact with Allah. Besides that, I wonder what definition you use for 'social awareness'.

I'm not a muslim, so I can't tell from experience, but isn't all of that rather contradictory to what you just said?

i think with any mono-theistic faith, it is about your personal relationship with God but you can go about it with others or solo, both are valid I think. that said, i don't necessarily consider it contradictory.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »

Like Tanjit said, the Muslim leader you were talking to was not saying something contradictory.  Islam is a monotheistic religion, there is no Pope figure in Islam (who can forgive sins), there are no statues (to use as intercessor to Allah), there is no worship of a human figure (such as Christians worshipping Jesus).  Your prayers, your worship, everything is all directed towards Allah.  Everything is done for the purpose of pleasing Allah.  And the social awareness that unification of hearts that one recieves in congregational prayer, is pleasing to Allah.

Social awareness is coming out of self-interest, to be self-less.  To be aware of your role and responsibility towards others, and how this is essential towards your spiritual advancement. 

This life is temporary and every day Allah decorates parts of the Earth and destroys others.  Everything is coming and going, so man can never conquer his environment and satisfy all his needs.  The selfish person will always be empty inside chasing after this world.  But the one who chases after Allah, and does righteous deeds, will be in a state of harmony and submission to Allah.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 11:29:52 AM by Shakur Abdul-Latif's Definition Of Hip-Hop..by -Infinite- »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2007, 11:37:53 AM »
Nevermind, he's not as great as I thought.. I just listened to one song and made a thread about it.
Lol. Wow. At least you admited it. Gotta give you props for that.