Author Topic: Another Muslim rapper doing it better than anyone today..  (Read 951 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Another Muslim rapper doing it better than anyone today..
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2007, 11:44:37 AM »

Lol. Wow. At least you admited it. Gotta give you props for that.

Haven't you ever heard one song by a new artist, or on a new album, and gotten really excited and started telling everyone about it, and then you realized soon after that your celebration was pre-mature?

I remember I did something like this with Snoop's "Game Is To Be Sold"  record off No Limit in 98.  I had been anticipating the record for so long, when I heard the first track I thought it was a classic, and then later I finished listening to the album and realized it was trash.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2007, 12:57:12 PM »

Haven't you ever heard one song by a new artist, or on a new album, and gotten really excited and started telling everyone about it, and then you realized soon after that your celebration was pre-mature?

I remember I did something like this with Snoop's "Game Is To Be Sold"  record off No Limit in 98.  I had been anticipating the record for so long, when I heard the first track I thought it was a classic, and then later I finished listening to the album and realized it was trash.

It's how me (and I think alot of others here like TTK) feel about Game I think.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2007, 09:43:24 PM »

What song was it? Just because I point out your hypocrisy some times doesn't I'm always trying to egg you on. I just wanted to know what song you heard that made you like him so much.

And what songs you heard that later caused you to dislike him.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2007, 10:21:54 PM »

Sort of, but not really. I've heard one song by some rappers and thought they were the shit, only to listen to more of their material and find out they aren't that good. But I always wait to hear an album before I say to anyone "this is a good artist".

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2007, 10:34:08 PM »

What song was it? Just because I point out your hypocrisy some times doesn't I'm always trying to egg you on. I just wanted to know what song you heard that made you like him so much.

The song I mentioned in my opening post was the first one I heard and the one that made me like him.

There wasn't any song in particular that made me dislike him.  I still think he's alright.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Elevz

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2007, 07:50:18 AM »
Like Tanjit said, the Muslim leader you were talking to was not saying something contradictory.  Islam is a monotheistic religion, there is no Pope figure in Islam (who can forgive sins), there are no statues (to use as intercessor to Allah), there is no worship of a human figure (such as Christians worshipping Jesus).  Your prayers, your worship, everything is all directed towards Allah.  Everything is done for the purpose of pleasing Allah.  And the social awareness that unification of hearts that one recieves in congregational prayer, is pleasing to Allah.

Social awareness is coming out of self-interest, to be self-less.  To be aware of your role and responsibility towards others, and how this is essential towards your spiritual advancement.

As for me personally, that would be a weak form of social awareness, but I see where you're coming from. +1

This life is temporary and every day (Allah) decorates parts of the Earth and destroys others.  Everything is coming and going, so man can never conquer his environment and satisfy all his needs.  The selfish person will always be empty inside chasing after this world.  But the one who (chases after Allah, and) does righteous deeds, will be in a state of harmony and submission (to Allah).

You can scrap Allah out of that and still have a good faith if you ask me. I totally agree, except for the fact that I don't need any sort of divine ruler or supernatural power for that ;)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2007, 02:29:50 PM »

The song I mentioned in my opening post was the first one I heard and the one that made me like him.

There wasn't any song in particular that made me dislike him.  I still think he's alright.

Oh, you were talking aboyt The Dusty Foot Philosopher track. I thought you were referring to the whole album "Dusty Foot Philosopher" in your first post.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2007, 02:57:21 PM »
^^ we all make mistakes homie ;)

yo since we on the subject of infinite/brian.....yo homie, i aint tryna pick on you or some shit cuz i aint on that tip....but what the hell is your name mang? brian? we call you infinite? or shakur? cuz i aint into the whole degrading niggaz by calling them some name they aint or whatever....if your name aint brian no mo, what is it? or you called infinite? just random question....kinda like mohammad ali....when he changed his name....cats refused to call him his new name at first, stupid shit from cats with an 'old school' mentality....so i wast just wondering

oh and about infinite/brian....u think dude is just a misunderstood character...i like the nigga.......he may be confused but he aint no real america bullshit type or on some dissing everyone personally type....he just a lil too........negative?lol....i cant think of the word....like i never see dude personally insulting anyone on this board while everyone always shittin on him....

like i know dude is always trying hard to promote his religion....and i got nuttin againt islam and muslims...no religion infact....its just.....homie....you can still smile and appreciate shit from others too!

pz!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2007, 12:13:39 PM »
i've always called him by his SN which was Infinite when I met him. i tend to call people by their earliest SN that I knew of.

for example I call overseer psycreate and sikotic b dogg

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram