Author Topic: Just curious...what would you pick as the best street album of the past year???  (Read 504 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
I'm not speaking on the singles thing at all. I'm asking about the original question reefer asked iliveinthefuture....is an independently released album a 'street' album?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

d-nice

The flipside I am seeing from that though is the same like street singles. If the fans are not feeling the street single or album, it is a easy out for artists to say "Well that was not the official single, that's why". Most of the rappers I have seen do the street singles and albums have a CRAZY buzz around them and their projects so it usually works out.

so would you say an indie album counts as a street album? cause that's really what the clarification requests were about in the first place.

-T

Nah not really. Most street albums are not even approved by record labels. It is put out by the artists. If a label wanted the album so bad they would put it out. Rappers like Roccett and Bishop and Ya Boy are just doing it themselves as a warm up to the official album. You figure for Bishop Lamont he is at what 100k downloads? Lets say that is all new fans or people checking out his album. He just gained 100k more people interested in his project than before if he would have just waited for his Aftermath project. Money can't buy that if it ain't set up properly. He got it for free to the fans but it sets up his Aftermath project even better.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
One Blood did do well on the charts.

Lunatic

The flipside I am seeing from that though is the same like street singles. If the fans are not feeling the street single or album, it is a easy out for artists to say "Well that was not the official single, that's why". Most of the rappers I have seen do the street singles and albums have a CRAZY buzz around them and their projects so it usually works out.

so would you say an indie album counts as a street album? cause that's really what the clarification requests were about in the first place.

-T

Nah not really. Most street albums are not even approved by record labels. It is put out by the artists. If a label wanted the album so bad they would put it out. Rappers like Roccett and Bishop and Ya Boy are just doing it themselves as a warm up to the official album. You figure for Bishop Lamont he is at what 100k downloads? Lets say that is all new fans or people checking out his album. He just gained 100k more people interested in his project than before if he would have just waited for his Aftermath project. Money can't buy that if it ain't set up properly. He got it for free to the fans but it sets up his Aftermath project even better.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

floatin_above_everything

Another example

Daz's Dogg Pound Gangsta LP=street album

So So Gangsta=major

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
LOL, youre an idiot. Some "street" album do make the stores. JR Writer, Writer's Block 4 wasn't a street album? It's in every store out here. Even that Ya Boy is in some stores.

damn i dont know what the dif is between street album i guess so fuck it then

Lunatic

not like his prev. singles

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Bishop Lamont did NOT gain 100K fans from nigger noize. Most the people were probably his fans and Aftermath groupies downloadin it.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

None of his new ones did.

Lunatic

his "new 1s" didn't come b4 1 blood

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Another example

So So Gangsta=major

if we're going off of d-nice's definition...DPG LP would not be because it's an indie still.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

d-nice

Bishop Lamont did NOT gain 100K fans from nigger noize. Most the people were probably his fans and Aftermath groupies downloadin it.

I said lets say. I really do not believe everyone liked the album. I was speaking on promotional purposes.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

Well you justification was that since One Blood didn't do as good as his old singles, then they are street singles. But One Blood, Wouldn't Get Far, and Let's Ride didn't do as good as How We Do or Hate It or Love It. WGF didn't do as well as Dreams either. Are they all street singles?

Lunatic

Well you justification was that since One Blood didn't do as good as his old singles, then they are street singles. But One Blood, Wouldn't Get Far, and Let's Ride didn't do as good as How We Do or Hate It or Love It. WGF didn't do as well as Dreams either. Are they all street singles?

no, I didn't say it was a street single. I said that when a single doesn't do good, an artist seems to jump to that "its a street single"

d-nice

Another example

So So Gangsta=major

See he has his own label and put money into it. If he were to go to Nima and say "Hey drop this album on the site for me", I would consider that more of a street album. Or having DJ Skee help him put it out.