Author Topic: is boss life doing anything  (Read 420 times)

floatin_above_everything

Re: is boss life doing anything
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2007, 01:54:35 PM »
Nas is a better lyricist than Snoop but Snoop is a better rapper.

:o

allow me to clarify, Snoop's style is miles above....well...anyones. Nas has a sick style, but his main artistic strength to me is his lyricism.

I could state it like this:

Snoop is a better MC(sounding musical, sounding dope, rocking the crowd, sounding entertaining/pleasing to the ear, vocal dexterity, voice, delivery, rhythm, flow) but Nas is a better poet (message, punches, story telling, complexity, structural skill etc.). both equall dope artists to me, but as far as RAPPIN' (not what the raps are about) Snoop stomps anyone.
He's one of the few cats whose actual rapping is a funky sound in itself.
-T

I feel ya, Nas is my GOAT though, so I'm not budging on this one. 8)

when it comes to conventional MC-dom from the origin land in the East, Nas is king no doubt. But it's just different lineages. To the east coast, old school is Grandmaster Flash, RunDMC, LL, P.E. etc. to the west coast old school is P Funk, Zapp, Mayfield etc. Nas is trying to represent lyrically as an MC..Snoop is bringin' on the funk. so it's whatever lineage you subscribe to i guess.

I love nas' shit too man, Illmatic is one of my top 4 HH albums for sure. I'm gonna see nas at rock the bells...it's gonna be insane, I hope he does some shit with wu, like verbal intercourse.

-T

So many classic verses from Nas, and he's a deeper thinker than Snoop imo. I'm an East coast boy, I'm most likley always gonna lean in our direction, because it's the music that suits and relates to me best.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2007, 02:01:41 PM »

allow me to clarify, Snoop's style is miles above....well...anyones. Nas has a sick style, but his main artistic strength to me is his lyricism.

Snoop is a better MC(sounding musical, sounding dope, rocking the crowd, sounding entertaining/pleasing to the ear, vocal dexterity, voice, delivery, rhythm, flow) but Nas is a better poet (message, punches, story telling, complexity, structural skill etc.). both equall dope artists to me, but as far as RAPPIN' (not what the raps are about) Snoop stomps anyone.
-T

when it comes to conventional MC-dom from the origin land in the East, Nas is king no doubt. But it's just different lineages. To the east coast, old school is Grandmaster Flash, RunDMC, LL, P.E. etc. to the west coast old school is P Funk, Zapp, Mayfield etc. Nas is trying to represent lyrically as an MC..Snoop is bringin' on the funk. so it's whatever lineage you subscribe to i guess.

I love nas' shit too man, Illmatic is one of my top 4 HH albums for sure. I'm gonna see nas at rock the bells...it's gonna be insane, I hope he does some shit with wu, like verbal intercourse.

-T

So many classic verses from Nas, and he's a deeper thinker than Snoop imo. I'm an East coast boy, I'm most likley always gonna lean in our direction, because it's the music that suits and relates to me best.

to me it's not a question of who's doper, they're equally dope artists but what they do is kind of different. it's like there's the dude in the olympics that sees how fast he can run 200 yards and there's the dudes in the olympics that race each other around a track...they're both runnin'...but they're kind of doing different things, so they're not judged quite on the same criteria/standards as each other. one's stamina, and one's speed. snoop's musical, nas is poetic.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2007, 02:24:27 PM »

-T

-T

to me it's not a question of who's doper, they're equally dope artists but what they do is kind of different. it's like there's the dude in the olympics that sees how fast he can run 200 yards and there's the dudes in the olympics that race each other around a track...they're both runnin'...but they're kind of doing different things, so they're not judged quite on the same criteria/standards as each other. one's stamina, and one's speed. snoop's musical, nas is poetic.

-T

We won't agree on this ever imo, but can we agree that they sound pretty damn good together on the same track? 8)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2007, 02:37:01 PM »

-T

-T

-T

We won't agree on this ever imo, but can we agree that they sound pretty damn good together on the same track? 8)

yes, play on playa is dope.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram