Author Topic: Eminem talks New Album, Detox, Proof/D12, 50Cent. (taken from D12World board)  (Read 2532 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
i don't think dre ever worked with trent reznor.

ha, the doors would be the SHIT with dre

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Elevz

Beatles?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
i've read dre say he is a beatles fan and you can tell based on his sensibility for pop. would be dope

-T

westcoastavengers.com

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah Dre and Rezner worked together, i think the song was called "Even Deeper"

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

tonyscarbones

• Muthafuckin' OG
they shoulda asked em why him and his crew tried to capatilize off proof's death sellin tshirts for money for his family

his boys are millionaires and they can't take care of his fam?  they gotta sell shirts?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
is this reznor song available on the internet?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Al Bundy

Yeah Dre and Rezner worked together, i think the song was called "Even Deeper"

chill

Damn. I might have to limewire that.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Has this story been verified?

like i said it was on D12 World. it would make sense for Eminem to be on the radio a year on from Proof passing.

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Shady/Aftermath really steppin it up again... good news, hope its true

smp4life

I would love to hear Dre re-vamp an Eazy verse but Dre doesn't work with dead artists. At least I believe he's said that a few times.

XaNdEr

I rather hear Dre work with westcoast cats while still makin' new, fresh, groundbreakin' music. That could really bring the West back again, everyone will relate the West to that new music-style (whatever it might be) but that's probably never happening like Michael Jackson turnin' black again.

I know Detox (if it ever drops) is gonna be dope, i just hope it introduces a new sound to the game, cause change won't really be a bad thing with everyone rappin' about the same ol' thing and producing the same old beats.

floatin_above_everything

Can't wait to hear what Em's got cookin. I'm still not excited about Detox anymore though :-[

XaNdEr

Haha, i can imagine that. I'm still hopin' it wil ldroop, gotta keep faith in the rappers huh, just like Crooked, still hopin' he will finally drop his debut (after 7 years  :o ) this year as well. I'm always in for some quality music.

Besides that, i'm curious too about what way Eminem is goin' for his new (and possible last) album. On the Re-Up it felt like he was kinda testing different styles (for example compare Jimmy Crack Corn with No Apologies, which are both dope songs by the way) i'm wondering what he will come up with for his next album.

Elevz

I rather hear Dre work with westcoast cats while still makin' new, fresh, groundbreakin' music. That could really bring the West back again, everyone will relate the West to that new music-style (whatever it might be) but that's probably never happening like Michael Jackson turnin' black again.

I know Detox (if it ever drops) is gonna be dope, i just hope it introduces a new sound to the game, cause change won't really be a bad thing with everyone rappin' about the same ol' thing and producing the same old beats.

However, how much protential for making "fresh, groundbreaking" music does the west coast really have these days? I wouldn't know - I haven't seen the potential. And how are you expecting a Dr. Dre album to make a change about "everyone rappin' about the same ol' thing"?

floatin_above_everything

Haha, i can imagine that. I'm still hopin' it wil ldroop, gotta keep faith in the rappers huh, just like Crooked, still hopin' he will finally drop his debut (after 7 years  :o ) this year as well. I'm always in for some quality music.

Besides that, i'm curious too about what way Eminem is goin' for his new (and possible last) album. On the Re-Up it felt like he was kinda testing different styles (for example compare Jimmy Crack Corn with No Apologies, which are both dope songs by the way) i'm wondering what he will come up with for his next album.

True, I lost my faith in Crook a while ago though lol. Can't disagree with being open to quality music.

I thought the Re-Up was a step in best direction for Em. I like that you mentioned Jimmy Crack Corn and No Apologies because they are both great songs, but so different. He really had some great lines on this album, which he didn't do on the Encore. His voice still sounded a bit strange, especially on the 2nd track, but  don't mind it as much as long as he's not talking stupid shit. Jimmy Crack Corn was kinda silly, but Em was flipping some serious verbal gymnastics on that. His flow is nuts, and I'm hoping he uses that formula on the next album, instead of making a super silly record again.