Author Topic: Eminem talks New Album, Detox, Proof/D12, 50Cent. (taken from D12World board)  (Read 2602 times)

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lmao @ this xander dude... these forums are meant FOR discussion and debate... we're SUPPOSED to talk about rap, and give our own opinions on it... if youre not here to discuss music why the fuck are you here? news threads maybe? well then dont post unless youre ready for people to reply to it

West Coast Connection Forum
Discuss the latest news, rumours, and opinions on everything West Coast.

Outbound Connections
Diversify and discuss non West Coast rap related music topics here.
(and that includes other genres outside hiphop!)

Tha G-Spot
Hit Tha G-Spot! Kick back, drop jokes, share pr0n and chat about anything that doesn't belong elsewhere.

Train of Thought
A place for reflection on religious, political, psychological, social, life and more serious issues.

That is why dubcc is also called a "discussion board"

floatin_above_everything

I rather hear Dre work with westcoast cats while still makin' new, fresh, groundbreakin' music. That could really bring the West back again, everyone will relate the West to that new music-style (whatever it might be) but that's probably never happening like Michael Jackson turnin' black again.

I know Detox (if it ever drops) is gonna be dope, i just hope it introduces a new sound to the game, cause change won't really be a bad thing with everyone rappin' about the same ol' thing and producing the same old beats.

However, how much protential for making "fresh, groundbreaking" music does the west coast really have these days? I wouldn't know - I haven't seen the potential. And how are you expecting a Dr. Dre album to make a change about "everyone rappin' about the same ol' thing"?

Dr. Dre set the standards for new (popular, mainstream as well as underground) music with the release of his first 2 albums. Back in '92 he introduced G-Funk to the world, which brought a whole new sound to hiphop (listen to some 80's records for example and notice the difference) and got mad spins on the radio, many producers and rappers based their style on that whole gangstarap genre over G-Funk beats.

In 1999 with the release of Dre's 2001, he made a new sound, which got heavily used by many other cats as well (for example listen to Southern records around 2000) got developped by others, but Dre did set the standard for a lot of new, fresh material back in 1999. As far as rappin' goes with Dre, since most of his lyrics is ghostwritten anyways, it wasn't anything new.

What i see nowadays is a game which is stagnated, it doesn't move on anymore but sticks to same old scripts and formula's, just to get money. Nobody is darin' to take any risk of making something new, and those who do get no exposure at all. My hopes are aimed at Dre, maybe he can come up with anything new and fresh that at least gets some others to make something new too (wether it's based on Dre's album or not, i don't care, anything better then right now).

And with Dre using a orchestra for makin' beats for Detox and his possible storyline on his album, with everyone playing a sort of role, just like a movie, it at least has some potential to be new and fresh you know. But then again, we're talkin' about Dre who flips the script for his album so many times i wouldn't be surprised if nothing from what i said above comes true. But you have to admit that this concept for an album is different then the most of the game is doin' right now, so at least it gives us some hope for change.

Haha, i can imagine that. I'm still hopin' it wil ldroop, gotta keep faith in the rappers huh, just like Crooked, still hopin' he will finally drop his debut (after 7 years  :o ) this year as well. I'm always in for some quality music.

Besides that, i'm curious too about what way Eminem is goin' for his new (and possible last) album. On the Re-Up it felt like he was kinda testing different styles (for example compare Jimmy Crack Corn with No Apologies, which are both dope songs by the way) i'm wondering what he will come up with for his next album.

True, I lost my faith in Crook a while ago though lol. Can't disagree with being open to quality music.

I thought the Re-Up was a step in best direction for Em. I like that you mentioned Jimmy Crack Corn and No Apologies because they are both great songs, but so different. He really had some great lines on this album, which he didn't do on the Encore. His voice still sounded a bit strange, especially on the 2nd track, but  don't mind it as much as long as he's not talking stupid shit. Jimmy Crack Corn was kinda silly, but Em was flipping some serious verbal gymnastics on that. His flow is nuts, and I'm hoping he uses that formula on the next album, instead of making a super silly record again.

Real talk, but i hope he does something unexpected, like doin' another style which nobody has ever heard, something that will make all the haters secretly order his album, you know.  :D

They already do, I thought u knew 8)

XaNdEr

elevz and xander, whoah

regardless of any personal beef, cause i'm cool with both of you...

Dre has never written his verses. Period. Not on efil4zaggin, not on straight outta compton...never.

If G Funk DID exist in the late 80's, Dre DID have a hand in it (nwa, atl, etc.)

And my personal opinion- Dre did largely invent and introduce a sub genre to the world in the early 90s and he did come and blow the game out again in 99.

-T

That's what i was saying until that 11z dude started breaking my posts down "academic-style" to show what parts are wrong and stuff, fuck that. But man, i don't hold no grudges, it's all good to me man. I ain't respondin' to him anymore since that dude never can have discussions without making all these quote posts. And funniest thing is he ain't even diggin' gangstarap no more, but he is discussing it, lol.

And lol @ that Shwan Nutt dude who jumps on 11z nuts as soon as possible, but yeah, it's in the name i guess. You didn't even read my replies, just 11z last post, which i can't reply to cause i promised myself i wouldn't respond to any hater posts anymore, im not into netbeefs, so yeah... :-\

That's what's wrong with some peeps on this forum ,they jump to conclusions based on some posts, they never wanna take the time to see the bigger picture. All i can say is read the thread, and don't be biased, that's all. I ain't your daddy, choose your own path, i don't care.  8)

@ Reefer, you're right, they all got the money stashed away somewhere in they room, waitin' for the album to come out and be the first ones to cop it  ;)  8)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 01:38:45 AM by Xander. »

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
And lol @ that Shwan Nutt dude who jumps on 11z nuts as soon as possible, but yeah, it's in the name i guess.

??? wtf are you talking about? i dont even know 11z, never talked to him before, and i hardly ever post here. -> http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?action=profile;u=8623;sa=showPosts

You didn't even read my replies, just 11z last post

i read every single word of this thread before i replied, but nice try

All i can say is read the thread, and don't be biased, that's all.

im not biased at all... i dont know either of u two, but from what ive read, 11z really schooled u... none of your points held any weight, cuz 11z' "academic replies" were much more intelligent and easier to read

but hey, if u dont want e-beef or w/e, im done... i dont want it either... i just dont like being told im wrong when im 100% sure im right

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
sad about D12 their situation reminds me of Lost Boyz....and about secret Guess on Detox, I say Michael Jackson or Garth Brooks

Its the last d-12 cuz wthout Proff aint no d-12, not that im a fan.

As for DEtox, maybe a unheard eazy e verse???

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^ lol at your sig, is that u? :D

Elevz

More babbling! Gotta love it.

That's what i was saying until that 11z dude started breaking my posts down "academic-style" to show what parts are wrong and stuff, fuck that. But man, i don't hold no grudges, it's all good to me man. I ain't respondin' to him anymore since that dude never can have discussions without making all these quote posts.

You're absolutely right. One should never try to structure thoughts and writings - that's bound to be objectionable.

That's what's wrong with some peeps on this forum ,they jump to conclusions based on some posts, they never wanna take the time to see the bigger picture.

That's an interesting point. Now read the rest of your own post:

And funniest thing is he ain't even diggin' gangstarap no more, but he is discussing it, lol.
And lol @ that Shwan Nutt dude who jumps on 11z nuts as soon as possible, but yeah, it's in the name i guess. You didn't even read my replies, just 11z last post, which i can't reply to cause i promised myself i wouldn't respond to any hater posts anymore, im not into netbeefs, so yeah... :-\

I guess that's what happens when you refuse to structure your thoughts.

:-*

XaNdEr

Drop it off drop it off, bitch i got a sawed-off. Put that money in the bag ho i blow yo ass off.

8) 8)