Author Topic: Crooked I "Hip-Hop Weekly Vol. 2" - Disses DMX! [Audio]  (Read 1404 times)

Crunkadelic

• Lil Geezy
Re: Crooked I "Hip-Hop Weekly Vol. 2" - Disses DMX! [Audio]
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2007, 06:26:16 PM »
What Crook needs to do is end the beef with Snoop and let him oversee, manage, and produce his debut album. Can you imagine(no pun intended) our favorite westcoast lyricist over niggarachi's platinum beats lol..... :D

Snoop dont wanna end nothing with that nigga...or even properly acknowledge him.

southcentralLA

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2007, 02:00:14 AM »
whoever this dude is in here trying to compare snoop and crooked problems to DMX talkin salty about the West u sound stupid homie, your analogy is all fucked up Snoop and Crooked are from the same City, State, and Coast.....Crooked I respects Snoop for helping pave the way for himself cause he reps LB, and for being a OG Westcoast Legend....Now DMX is a eastcoast crackhead who gets no passes dissin the Coast, fuck that dude, if it wasn't for the West none of these niggas would know about rappin bout reality ever heard of NWA??? Another thing is All regions rap about smoking fuckin weed How high is two Eastcoast niggas song and movie, the south all they rap about is cars but this clown chose the West to alienate on that bullshit?? Come on get the fuck out of here........

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2007, 02:04:56 AM »
man...so nas and cormega beefed from 96 to 2006? and that's why Nature is in the firm and not mega? i think i get it...why they beef?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2007, 04:52:48 AM »
man...so nas and cormega beefed from 96 to 2006? and that's why Nature is in the firm and not mega? i think i get it...why they beef?

-T

[Nas let him guest on a song entitled "Affirmative Action" for his second album It Was Written. The song also featured AZ and Foxy Brown, and became The Firm's first appearance. Based on his performance, he was signed to Def Jam and recorded an album called The Testament. Based on the buzz from "Affirmative Action," Nas, his manager Steve Stoute and producers Dr. Dre and Trackmasters joined to produce The Firm. Cormega was replaced with another artist, Nature, because either he would not sign a contract with Stoute or Stoute felt Nature was a better rapper. This led to an alleged altercation between Cormega and Nature. Cormega's dispute with Stoute also ended his friendship with Nas.]

JohnnyL

« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2007, 07:01:30 AM »
he is still young? damn...how old is dude?

Episcop, you are a cool dude and a true fan but surely you realize no one actually hates Crooked, we just want to pick up his album someday and anything negative that comes from us is just the frustration of not being able to do so. it means we like him alot. it's like when the president gets elected and then goes on a 3 month extended vacation, it's like 'wtf?' how you gonna come out like "i'm the illest....see you someday" when nas spit live at the BBQ he was the how new buzz and within a couple years he had Illmatic and it's been on for the don since. Crooked had that oppurtunity at least twice, maybe thrice..it's just a shame man. No one is hating on Crooked, we're hating on the situation.

as for dude that keeps saying Crooked is laughable for dissing DMX quickly and snoop slowly...did you ever read the interview where Crooked responds to snoop on dubcnn? it's one of the realest most mature discussions/dialogues/speeches that Nima has ever provoked and since then i have as much respect/admiration for crooked as I do for snoop. I still feel like snoop is a child for not responding to him but I mean...since then, snoop did approve the west coast remix of one blood ane that has crooked and snoop so that's progress.

also, didn't snoop and crooked/daz/soopa do that poor man's cry with barrington levy years ago?

anyway, even though DMX was just stating his opinion...he stated it haphazardly and poorly. You have to speak more eloquently when speaking on a whole coast. to say some shit like that about a whole coast without qualifying your statements is asking for trouble. i could see him saying "I don't feel most cats from the west" or "alot of people out west are the same..." but he just said "I ain't feelin noone, it's all the same and nobody can relate" it's like WTF? Clear bias. East Coast cats like to act like the WC is a fad they can dismiss because they figure they started it and they'll be here in the end but somebody (crooked in this case) has to step in and remind them that we ain't goin' nowhere. DMX's early shit is cool but two things:
1)it doesn't fuck with crooked's rapping at all
2)there's nothing you can get out of his music that you can't get out of pac's music and pac's music offers even more.

-T

You're right about that "Poor Man Cry" track.  They also dropped "Crookz and Doggz" together with TechN9ne.  But I think that was a while back.

I completely agree, regarding the Crooked I interview with Nima.  At least, for Crooked's part.  It really seemed like he was trying to extend an olive branch to Snoop, even in spite of some of the things Snoop has said about him.  In the end, it kind of seemed like Snoop was still being petty about the situation, but Crooked was showing a lot of class.  That's why, to me, it means more if Crooked just keeps on making music like "Nobody Understand Me" and "My Life."  Yeah, the DMX diss was cool.  His freestyles are cool.  But when he actually drops songs like the ones I just mentioned, it really shows that he has some depth.  Of course, DMX probably won't listen to those songs.  But on that same token, do you think DMX is really checkin' for any Crooked I diss tracks either?  For that matter, does X even know who Crooked I is ?  What matters is that Crooked I keeps showing his fans that he can consistently come up with good music.
Now, on the other hand.  I'm not changing my opinion on what DMX said.  I agree that he didn't word his statements as eloquently as he should have.  But as it concerns some west coast rappers, some of it rings true.  There are some westcoast rappers that aren't bringing anything original to the table.  The quote from Ren was just one example.  And yes, maybe it doesn't single out anyone, exclusively.  But I'm sure his comments were directed at least, in part at some from the west.  But we can look at the flipside of that coin too.  There are a lot of eastcoast rappers that have perpetuated equally annoying habbits.  Such as rapping, almost exclusively, about how expensive their watch is, or how much money they spent on their clothes,champaign, etc.  I'm equally sure that this contributes just as little to the genre as only rapping about one's car.

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2007, 08:34:57 AM »
nice diss to dmx, not sure why he dissin inus when crooked i raps bout hoes non stop.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2007, 11:50:35 AM »
he is still young? damn...how old is dude?

Episcop, you are a cool dude and a true fan but surely you realize no one actually hates Crooked, we just want to pick up his album someday and anything negative that comes from us is just the frustration of not being able to do so. it means we like him alot. it's like when the president gets elected and then goes on a 3 month extended vacation, it's like 'wtf?' how you gonna come out like "i'm the illest....see you someday" when nas spit live at the BBQ he was the how new buzz and within a couple years he had Illmatic and it's been on for the don since. Crooked had that oppurtunity at least twice, maybe thrice..it's just a shame man. No one is hating on Crooked, we're hating on the situation.

as for dude that keeps saying Crooked is laughable for dissing DMX quickly and snoop slowly...did you ever read the interview where Crooked responds to snoop on dubcnn? it's one of the realest most mature discussions/dialogues/speeches that Nima has ever provoked and since then i have as much respect/admiration for crooked as I do for snoop. I still feel like snoop is a child for not responding to him but I mean...since then, snoop did approve the west coast remix of one blood ane that has crooked and snoop so that's progress.

also, didn't snoop and crooked/daz/soopa do that poor man's cry with barrington levy years ago?

anyway, even though DMX was just stating his opinion...he stated it haphazardly and poorly. You have to speak more eloquently when speaking on a whole coast. to say some shit like that about a whole coast without qualifying your statements is asking for trouble. i could see him saying "I don't feel most cats from the west" or "alot of people out west are the same..." but he just said "I ain't feelin noone, it's all the same and nobody can relate" it's like WTF? Clear bias. East Coast cats like to act like the WC is a fad they can dismiss because they figure they started it and they'll be here in the end but somebody (crooked in this case) has to step in and remind them that we ain't goin' nowhere. DMX's early shit is cool but two things:
1)it doesn't fuck with crooked's rapping at all
2)there's nothing you can get out of his music that you can't get out of pac's music and pac's music offers even more.

-T

You're right about that "Poor Man Cry" track.  They also dropped "Crookz and Doggz" together with TechN9ne.  But I think that was a while back.

I completely agree, regarding the Crooked I interview with Nima.  At least, for Crooked's part.  It really seemed like he was trying to extend an olive branch to Snoop, even in spite of some of the things Snoop has said about him.  In the end, it kind of seemed like Snoop was still being petty about the situation, but Crooked was showing a lot of class.  That's why, to me, it means more if Crooked just keeps on making music like "Nobody Understand Me" and "My Life."  Yeah, the DMX diss was cool.  His freestyles are cool.  But when he actually drops songs like the ones I just mentioned, it really shows that he has some depth.  Of course, DMX probably won't listen to those songs.  But on that same token, do you think DMX is really checkin' for any Crooked I diss tracks either?  For that matter, does X even know who Crooked I is ?  What matters is that Crooked I keeps showing his fans that he can consistently come up with good music.
Now, on the other hand.  I'm not changing my opinion on what DMX said.  I agree that he didn't word his statements as eloquently as he should have.  But as it concerns some west coast rappers, some of it rings true.  There are some westcoast rappers that aren't bringing anything original to the table.  The quote from Ren was just one example.  And yes, maybe it doesn't single out anyone, exclusively.  But I'm sure his comments were directed at least, in part at some from the west.  But we can look at the flipside of that coin too.  There are a lot of eastcoast rappers that have perpetuated equally annoying habbits.  Such as rapping, almost exclusively, about how expensive their watch is, or how much money they spent on their clothes,champaign, etc.  I'm equally sure that this contributes just as little to the genre as only rapping about one's car.

any californian can relate to coastin blunted. not any new yorker can relate to flossing in the big city

weed cliches>>>>>>>>bling cliches

but I feel most of your post man, hell yeah.

nice diss to dmx, not sure why he dissin inus when crooked i raps bout hoes non stop.

check the post about snoop distinguishing gangsta rap from Imus. furthermore...who is Imus?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2007, 03:58:28 PM »
crooked came flow on that...he killed that beat for joke...sad nobody releasing good rapper right now....next up cashis is comin out but...this nigga got left behing cuz his shit 2 good

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2007, 10:32:39 PM »
Tanj,

+1 for your posts here.   :)

props

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Okka

« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2007, 01:48:18 PM »
Crooked I still is the shit 8) Dope track, D.M.X. got what he deserved...