Author Topic: My take on this Rudgers vs. Imus thing..  (Read 249 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
My take on this Rudgers vs. Imus thing..
« on: April 11, 2007, 10:42:14 AM »
Rudgers team released a statement that said that Imus had "stolen a moment of pure grace" from them, with his comment about them being nappy headed hoes.

Imus is just a red-neck hick, who happens to have a talk show.  Rutgers should have just ignored his comments.

Poet/mystic Khalil Gibran writes that often we "hug our problems in half-embrace".  Meaning that we choose which things to concern ourselves with.

This case is true with this basketball team that they have chosen to give so much focus to this situation that it has put a cloud over their championship.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: My take on this Rudgers vs. Imus thing.. - edit
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 10:46:26 AM »
I think the (Jewish) media had a lot to do with it too.

BTW, it's spelt Rutgers, no Rudgers.

But does the university even have a choice? The media is going crazy over this, and they have no choice but to respond to it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 11:09:02 AM by Ted(dy) »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: My take on this Rudgers vs. Imus thing..
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 11:53:56 AM »
Jiggaboos.

Nappy Headed Hoes.

LMFAO!!!!!!

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 01:02:50 PM »
black people need to stop using these words themselves before getting their panties in a twist when the white man uses them, although in this context the guy was very silly to say what he did

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Garth Brooks

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We Shall Be Free
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 01:18:58 PM »
i love imus and his show.. he and others say the same all the time.. i dont see the deal its same on comedy channel and  bet comedy.. every time a black man makes a joke about a cracker im going on tv to bitch,,, plus imus isnt racsit he backes harold ford jr and he does lots for children and has a camp for them so these people can bite it

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 01:19:52 PM »
The media picking up the story is what made it so popular. If no one reported then it would have been just another 20 second spot of ignorance in a long line of 20 second spots of ignorance from that show and no one would have been offended except maybe the 2 or 3 black women that by chance stumbled on his show that night. The rest of his audience know what they're getting into when they tune in to him.

Should he be fired? Well that's up to the people that employ him. All these idiots like Sharpton have no right to demand the termination of any man or woman because they don't like what he says. It's up to the people who run the network. If a man comes into my house house for a party and says things I dislike I have every right to ask him to leave, but if I'm attending someone else's party and a guest or resident of that house is pissing me off my right to kick him out does not exist. I can leave, I can tell the owner that it may not be a wise idea to keep this guy if you want to keep your party in a good mood, but I have absolutely no right to tell the owner that the person in question must leave. If I ran MSNBC or CBS Radio I'd have him kicked off the air 30 years ago. I'd also never air any rap videos that promote stereotypes or racism. This would be my choice as a person in charge who wants to run my company my way. The second some idiot like Sharpton tells me I have to fire someone is the second I invite him over to my house, get him to say all sorts of nasty things and get it on hidden camera then air it in place of the program I just cancelled.

Fuck Sharpton and any other communist asshole that thinks it's okay to tell anyone how to run their business. Imus is a dick head and always was one. Where were all these fucks like Sharpton when Imus was throwing the word "rag head" around like it was going out of style? Just a bunch of lobbyist dimwits looking for attention. Why doesn't Sharpton willingly step down from his on air duties due to his remarks about jews? Because he's an idiot hypocrite who put on the air by other idiots just to get people angry. The media is just plagued by irresponsibility, both in the stories they push and in the way they push those stories.

As for the comments themselves. I think it's a real chilidish asshole thing to laugh at a bunch of young girls because you think they're ugly. It's really something you'd expect to see on the schoolyard and I don't see how grown men can enjoy watching shit like that on TV. I didn't find it racist or even all that sexist, but it is "appearancism" and it's something that is very insulting and mean spirited despite what Imus said about that. I think if these were ugly muscular white women with hair on their bodies that him and Rosenberg would be laughing just as much, but then it wouldn't be a big deal. Also, it was Sid Rosenberg that instigated the remark with his "hard core hoes" insult. Why is he getting off scot free, when he has a much larger history with this particular style of hate. Maybe Mel Gibson's dad Hutton maybe have some theories on why he's being protected.
 (Rosenberg once called Venus and Serena animals and said they should be posing in National Geographic rather than Playboy, which even I found a bit funny).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 01:36:33 PM by Shallow »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 02:30:08 PM »
fuck both parties involved, i'd rather be hearing about something important!

like charles barkley said , he said something stupid, but he should be fied for saying something stupid

and i'll add this; sticks and stones might break some bones but words shouldn't hurt you, that's the oldest saying in the book but it rings true.

let imus say something about me and i'd laugh it up.....then let the media over analyze it like they did here , and i'd go on every talk shoe (yeah i said shoe) circuit and just basically say...."hey, i don't know what he's got against me but i'm not like that, let me show you how i really am"....then i'd bust out and cook some fucking eggs and toast for the audience or something...then i'd look in the camera and say thanks dude you just made me a celebrity for 15 minutes.

IMO if you get offended over words then you believe what that person is saying and are in denial about it.

i'm not saying that any of those girls ARE indeed nappy headed or hoes, but seriously if you're not that inwhich he's saying you are....no need to start your period early over the matter. just laugh all the way to the bank off of his words.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 04:20:13 PM »
Not that I listen to him, but Imus says offensive shit all the time.  So does Howard Stern, Bubba The Love Sponge, etc.  All shock jocks do - it's their schtick.  How come nobody gives a fuck about all the other offensive shit he says?  It's all such bullshit overhyped and sensationalized by the media and others to further a political agenda.    Where were Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson when Tim Hardaway said he hates Gay people? 

I'm actually pissed that I even commented on this because it's so fucking stupid.

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 04:29:36 PM »
Nappy Headed Ho's lol

Garth Brooks

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We Shall Be Free
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 04:29:40 PM »
well they have pulled his show on msnbc for ever now.... and im completly saddend.. they make fun of everyone no one bitches about it till its blacks.. im not racsit but blacks piss me off.. alot of them... least there were alot of blacks on the news today saying they shouldnt ban imus and he is a good person. and they were arguing with other blacks.. oh well they suck.

Pizzle

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 04:50:29 PM »
I think this is a huge load of shit. I've heard other radio/tv hosts say worse shit than what he called the Rutgers basketball team like Howard Stern for example. He apologized very sincerely right after the media and all these al sharpton motherfuckers started blowing this way fucking out of proportion.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 05:04:03 PM »
...And what about Wendy Williams? That trick is ALWAYS sayin' something. And people laugh at her shit. If she called this basketball team nappy headed hoes, ain't nuthin' woulda happen.

So how can you not laugh at this situation? He called them nappy headed, lol, what's the big deal on that?  :P

Even as a nigga, I will take defense in his case becuz LATELY EVERYBODY has been sayin' something 'stupid' about somebody and who really gives a fuck. Rosie O'Donnell has said shit, everybody gets offended. Basketball players say some shit, everybody get's offended. This nigga says some shit, gets people offended. This is how I see it, when you at home wit yo' family and shit, ya'll sit down and talk what's on your mind, whether it be offensive to somebody else or not, ya'll be laughin' and relaxin', it's your opinions. This is what they are doin' too, talkin' to ya'll like they home. Now people come out and say shit and everybody gets offended like 'Oh my God, did he/she just say that?'. Yeah. We have a thang called freedom of speech and people is too got damn sensitive. If it was something really really really bad or unnecessary, okay but lets get real.

Nappy headed hoes, no it wasn't called for and maybe the hoes is a little extreme. This man is supposed to be a professional radio show host and should not be name calling but the way the media and this ass hole Al Sharpton do it, they blow shit way out proportion. It ain't even that big of a deal in my eyes.

Rosie O'Donnell came out wit this ching chong chong imitation accent of the Chinese and people started cryin' over that. How many times as kids or now we do that? Not even as a disrespect but ya know? I used be like talkin' gibberish and be like 'Mida Mida' when I pretended to be Spanish.

I can understand how this is wrong. They supposed to be professional when you workin' thru the media but fuck all that. Freedom Of Speech, right to opinion, there's more news we could be more focused on than one man's views.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 10:36:42 PM »
My whole thing is that when we, Black people start respecting ourselves others will too. In my lifetime I've heard plenty of young Black brothers refer to Black woman as "nappy headed hoes" , "hoes", "bitch" etc. but no one complains. When we as Black men start appreciating our women, others won't be able to disrespect. So, basically I think the source of the problem is with us (Blacks and our mentality). Period. Peace!

Garth Brooks

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We Shall Be Free
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 06:38:06 AM »
i think its funny if u have msnbc put it on there blacks on saying why arnt there black hosts.. hmm blacks do local news why shoiuld we hand blacks everything cause whites have it.. it pisses me off... LEARN TO WORK FOR IT.. jesus.. then when rap music is brought up they say oh thats ok lmfao idiots

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 07:36:13 AM »
^^ what??